[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Series Predictions

Egret

Dammit. . .I saw the title of the thread and said "I'll be the first to say Mets/Tigers". . .

And the very first post beat me to it.

:wacko:

Those would be the trendy picks given the off-season pick-ups. How many times do the trendy picks actually pan out? :D There are a lot of real good teams out there, especially in the AL. The Tigers have a very solid squad but until they prove it on the field (sorry for the cliche'), they're just another team.

Those would be the trendy picks given the off-season pick-ups. How many times do the trendy picks actually pan out? :wacko: There are a lot of real good teams out there, especially in the AL. The Tigers have a very solid squad but until they prove it on the field (sorry for the cliche'), they're just another team.

Yeah. I've picked Cleveland three of the last 4 years in an attempt to not go with the obvious AL teams (Yanks/Boston). Last year I stupidly picked the Twins. I shoulda known better than to pick a team that fielded the reigning MVP, Batting Champion and Cy Young. . .dum.

Yeah. I've picked Cleveland three of the last 4 years in an attempt to not go with the obvious AL teams (Yanks/Boston). Last year I stupidly picked the Twins. I shoulda known better than to pick a team that fielded the reigning MVP, Batting Champion and Cy Young. . .dum.

Yup, I think we all know that stats aren't everything. Team game. :wacko:

Those would be the trendy picks given the off-season pick-ups. How many times do the trendy picks actually pan out? :wacko: There are a lot of real good teams out there, especially in the AL. The Tigers have a very solid squad but until they prove it on the field (sorry for the cliche'), they're just another team.

The Tigers have won each year with Leyland at the helm. That's not going to stop now. Pitching injuries cost them last year. They still ended up with a good record. They've added depth to the whole team. I like the Tigers chances in the postseason with their pitching rotation.

After seeing Santana pitch against the Tigers too many times, he will help the Mets enormously. He's unhittable when he's in the zone.

Edited by Egret

The Tigers have won each year with Leyland at the helm. That's not going to stop now. Pitching injuries cost them last year. They still ended up with a good record. They've added depth to the whole team. I like the Tigers chances in the postseason with their pitching rotation.

After seeing Santana pitch against the Tigers too many times, he will help the Mets enormously. He's unhittable when he's in the zone.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with the fact that the Tigers have looked great and look even better now... their pitching is terrific. But you simply can't rule out the Evil Empire or the Red Sux. Ever. And there are gonna be a couple teams out west that will make some noise too.

As for the Mets, Santana will be a hugh upgrade, that's for sure. Their offense is already stellar. But there are going to be some real surprises in the NL this year. This may be said with a twinge of homerism, but the Cubs are going to be very good. Adding and then when I wore my first dressowhatshisname was HUGH. And if they're able to land Brian Roberts, they will have no holes.