[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

facing losses ...

tonorator

The list of excuses is long, but the justifications are wearing thin as Obama was expected to win primaries in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia on Tuesday after a four-state sweep last weekend plus the Virgin Islands. All the contests Clinton has suggested don't count are proving in size and scope that they do.

"Every day the numbers show the true state of the race," Democratic strategist Jenny Backus said. "Obama is moving and gathering a bigger coalition, and Hillary's coalition is diminishing."

how do you recast yourself?

I think she got taken by surprise at how strongly and quickly obama came on and is now basically the front runner

Changing gears at this pt in the race is very hard and I think she is facing imminent loss ...why not try and recast yourself as such ...but it likely won't work

is it over or does this old dog have some new tricks?

I certainly wouldn't count her out. The Clintons will do just about anything to reacquire power at this point IMO. The race card blew up in their face once but that doesn't mean they won't try again. It's all they have left.

I think she got taken by surprise at how strongly and quickly obama came on and is now basically the front runner

I don't think Obama is a front runner. Super Tuesday was a big victory for him considering he didn't get left in the dust. Hillary has a lot of delegates coming her way still.

Hillary just got embarrassed tonight and will lose 10 primaries in a row if Obama takes Wisconsin. She's behind in delegates, getting slammed by the media, and bringing in half the money that Obama is. Her deputy manager just bailed and unless she wins BIG in Texas and Ohio, I can't see her having more delegates by the time the convention rolls around.

I saw a report on CNN tonight that even if Obama wins all the remaining primaries he won't have enough delegates to win the nomination. Then it would come down to who can win over the most "superdelegates".

Edited by Chargerz

I saw a report on CNN tonight that even if Obama wins all the remaining primaries he won't have enough delegates to win the nomination. Then it would come down to who can win over the most "superdelegates".

Exactly...the Democratic party might find itself ready to shoot themselves in the foot again. As I understand it, superdelegates are comprised of the appointed'/elected powers that be within the party who could reject the directive of the voting base.

By my count she needs 56.3% of the remaining pledged delegates to surpass Obama's pledged delegate lead.

Numbers taken from here: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20...gate_count.html

1,078 remaining delegates * 56.3% = 607 delegates

Clinton 968 + 607 = 1,575

Obama 1,103 + 471 = 1,574

Remaining contests from aforementioned link:

Democrats Abroad 02/12 7

Wisconsin 02/19 74

Hawaii 02/19 20

Texas 03/04 193

Ohio 03/04 141

Rhode Island 03/04 21

Vermont 03/04 15

Wyoming 03/08 12 C

Mississippi 03/10 33

Pennsylvania 04/22 158 C

North Carolina 05/06 115

Indiana 05/06 72

West Virginia 05/13 28

Oregon 05/20 52 C

Kentucky 05/20 51 C

Montana 06/03 16

South Dakota 06/03 15 C

Puerto Rico 06/07 55

Let's say the next 3 contests (HI, WI, and the overseas) go 55% Obama, 45% Hillary. That's 101 delegates split 56 Obama 45 Hillary:

1,078 - 101 = 967 remaining delegates

Clinton 968 + 45 = 1,013 + 562 = 1,575

Obama 1,103 + 56 = 1,159 + 415 = 1,574

562 / 967 = 58.1% of remaining delegates needed for Hillary

So IF they leave Florida and Michigan alone and IF the superdelegates do not go against the voting public (which IMO would be devastating to the party), then Hillary has a very very difficult hill to climb.

I could see Hillary picking Obama, but there is no way in hell that Obama would pick Hillary.

Might finally be the end of the royal families for awhile. (Especially if the next President appoints Bill & Hillary to be the Ambassador to Amsterdam ... ) One can only hope. Then, regardless of who actually won, America can recover from the inexplicable messes created by the Clintons and Bushes ....

John Edwards for Atty. General if either democrat wins the general election.

Bush is on right now pushing for telecom immuntity threatening to veto any bill without it.

Bush-I need to protect the american people but if the telecoms don't get retroactive immunity for law breaking I will leave the country un-protected.

I think people are tired of his fear mongering. He's like the child crying wolf.

By my count she needs 56.3% of the remaining pledged delegates to surpass Obama's pledged delegate lead.

Numbers taken from here: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20...gate_count.html

1,078 remaining delegates * 56.3% = 607 delegates

Clinton 968 + 607 = 1,575

Obama 1,103 + 471 = 1,574

Remaining contests from aforementioned link:

Democrats Abroad 02/12 7

Wisconsin 02/19 74

Hawaii 02/19 20

Texas 03/04 193

Ohio 03/04 141

Rhode Island 03/04 21

Vermont 03/04 15

Wyoming 03/08 12 C

Mississippi 03/10 33

Pennsylvania 04/22 158 C

North Carolina 05/06 115

Indiana 05/06 72

West Virginia 05/13 28

Oregon 05/20 52 C

Kentucky 05/20 51 C

Montana 06/03 16

South Dakota 06/03 15 C

Puerto Rico 06/07 55

Let's say the next 3 contests (HI, WI, and the overseas) go 55% Obama, 45% Hillary. That's 101 delegates split 56 Obama 45 Hillary:

1,078 - 101 = 967 remaining delegates

Clinton 968 + 45 = 1,013 + 562 = 1,575

Obama 1,103 + 56 = 1,159 + 415 = 1,574

562 / 967 = 58.1% of remaining delegates needed for Hillary

So IF they leave Florida and Michigan alone and IF the superdelegates do not go against the voting public (which IMO would be devastating to the party), then Hillary has a very very difficult hill to climb.

Thanks Wolf. :wacko:

John Edwards for Atty. General if either democrat wins the general election.

Bush is on right now pushing for telecom immuntity threatening to veto any bill without it.

Bush-I need to protect the american people but if the telecoms don't get retroactive immunity for law breaking I will leave the country un-protected.

I think people are tired of his fear mongering. He's like the child crying wolf.

2nd hand supposed insider knowledge...a former Edwards campaign staffer now worker for Obama divulged a couple of things to a poster on another message board. Take it FWIW...

1) The staffer really dislikes Clinton, to the point where he would vote for Paul over Hillary.

2) When asked who Edwards was goign to endorse the staffer said he really shouldn't being saying anything, but that Obama supporters should be happy...and that it was a matter of working out the proper timing.

3) The staffer said Edwards was not interested in a cabinet position (AG or HHS) and wanted to make a difference "on the outside".