[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clemens

chiefjay

roger is holding onto "andy misread" meaning misunderstood their first conversation...... interesting to see if the committee will believe it

Wow...Elijah Cummings was hammering Clemens while Tom Davis and the other guy bashed McNamee

it is clear to me that roger is lying his ass off today. but boy, he's got a few of these congressmen in his pocket. a lot of signed memorabilia going around maybe? or some campaign donations? like this last guy who tried to grill mcnamee about all the lies he uttered when he was first asked about giving all these guys steroids. well no chit...when you first confront ANY person who has been engaged in illegal activity, they are going to lie about it to protect themselves. when you confront them with evidence, well then they start to spill the beans. mcnamee is really no less credible on that basis than ANY witness in any criminal investigation. the pettite stuff was awfully damaging. you're going down, roger.

it is clear to me that roger is lying his ass off today. but boy, he's got a few of these congressmen in his pocket. a lot of signed memorabilia going around maybe? or some campaign donations? like this last guy who tried to grill mcnamee about all the lies he uttered when he was first asked about giving all these guys steroids. well no chit...when you first confront ANY person who has been engaged in illegal activity, they are going to lie about it to protect themselves. when you confront them with evidence, well then they start to spill the beans. mcnamee is really no less credible on that basis than ANY witness in any criminal investigation. the pettite stuff was awfully damaging. you're going down, roger.

Yep...my thoughts exactly. The guy who was asking McNamee is that a lie obviously is wasting time. Perhaps he's trying to prove McNamee is lying about Clemens but for what? He has already said...his life is ruined...his name is associated with the demise of current baseball...what is there to gain?

Clemens is an idiot. If he would've kept his mouth shut after the Mitchell Report was released, he wouldn't be in this position.

I agree with you. He was the biggest name on the list though and was bound to be the whipping boy. Plus hes very pompous. That being said i still agree with your post. If he kept his mouth shut he would have been better off

I agree with you. He was the biggest name on the list though and was bound to be the whipping boy. Plus hes very pompous. That being said i still agree with your post. If he kept his mouth shut he would have been better off

He thinks he in invincible...in my business I deal with athletes all the time. Many see themselves that way. I feel bad for his kids...

He thinks he in invincible...in my business I deal with athletes all the time. Many see themselves that way. I feel bad for his kids...

I feel that way sometimes when I look down at my shredded Abs

Word was earlier this week that Roger spent a lot of face time with the panel and many of them seemed impressed by him. No doubt there was plenty of signed memorabilia to be had.

I loved when McNamee said (paraphrased)...I said this about Pettite and he was honorable and corroborated...ditto about Knoblauch...but somehow I'm lying about Roger? :wacko:

Yeah, I agree that the government was going after him regardless. Then again, they did the same thing to McGwire and simply taking the 5th absolved him of any legal problems. McGwire looked pretty bad back in 2005, but he looks pretty freaking smart right now.

Yeah, I agree that the government was going after him regardless. Then again, they did the same thing to McGwire and simply taking the 5th absolved him of any legal problems. McGwire looked pretty bad back in 2005, but he looks pretty freaking smart right now.

True but that hurt Mac bigtime in the court of public opinion and as much as Roger denies it , that means a lot to him

Only way he looks smart is to have avoided any legal problems with Perjury ...because Big Mac's career is completely tainted , he may never make HOF and his 70 hrs which at the time was like magic , looks hollow and meaningless

Mac lost in the end and I think Clemens will lose as well

True but that hurt Mac bigtime in the court of public opinion and as much as Roger denies it , that means a lot to him

Only way he looks smart is to have avoided any legal problems with Perjury ...because Big Mac's career is completely tainted , he may never make HOF and his 70 hrs which at the time was like magic , looks hollow and meaningless

Mac lost in the end and I think Clemens will lose as well

That's true, but Mac's still a multi-millionaire who avoided a prison sentence by refusing to lie under oath. Given that he was a career .263 hitter, fell short of 600 HRs, and wasn't much of a defensive 1B, he wasn't a lock for the HOF anyway.

Clemens will probably get into Cooperstown regardless of whether or not he's convicted of perjury. But his career is tainted as well, as everybody knows that he took 'roids and/or HGH. No power pitcher puts up a 1.87 ERA over 211 innings at age 43 naturally.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Clemens will probably get into Cooperstown regardless of whether or not he's convicted of perjury. But his career is tainted as well, as everybody knows that he took 'roids and/or HGH. No power pitcher puts up a 1.87 ERA over 211 innings at age 43 naturally.

Not necessarily true. Baseball could put sanctions on him like they did to Pete Rose due to gambling. And Rose is nowhere near the Hall of Fame despite having the MLB record for career hits.

Not necessarily true. Baseball could put sanctions on him like they did to Pete Rose due to gambling. And Rose is nowhere near the Hall of Fame despite having the MLB record for career hits.

Well, that's where the "probably" comes in. You are correct that they COULD put sanctions on him, but I doubt they will. Same goes for Bonds.

Well, that's where the "probably" comes in. You are correct that they COULD put sanctions on him, but I doubt they will. Same goes for Bonds.

I doubt Selig sanctions either, since this happened under his watch, and the whole point of his extension is for him to clean up his own mess before he leaves. That would necessarily include somehow sweeping those 2 under the rug, though it will be difficult.

I doubt Selig sanctions either, since this happened under his watch, and the whole point of his extension is for him to clean up his own mess before he leaves. That would necessarily include somehow sweeping those 2 under the rug, though it will be difficult.

On top of that, there were/are so many players using illegal performance-enhancing drugs over such a long time that Selig would be unfairly singling out Clemens and Bonds if he were to sanction them. This isn't an isolated issue with a small handfull of players being suspected of throwing games or something.

Amazing that, on top of everything, he tried to use his wife as a human shield. Still, it's interesting to watch a man dig his own grave one scoop of dirt at a time. . .

what a train wreck for the rocket. . . .friggin Red Sock. . .