[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone like to fish?

Chief Dick

Caught this beauty in Wisconsin last summer.

Met Moss6 and Seductive Nun at Chiefs training camp last August. Had a great time. Great couple of guys.

This was the first time I had fished specifically for Muskies. We caught about a 24" sucker for bait and floated down the river. In the meantime we were fishing for smallies. Anyway, we are going through about 2 feet of water and I hear this big WHOOOOOSHHHHH!!!

And something grabs the sucker. The line starts running out, I set the hook, and NO HOOK UP. I real in the sucker, and it's got a huge strike mark across it's tail. But it's alive.

So we throw her out again. About 20 minutes later, we are still throwing lures for smallies. Out of the corner of my eye I see this white flash, and BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM. Sucker is down. This time, I set the hook. Fish on. The fight lasts about 5 minutes, and I pull that 40" muskie into the boat. After a few minutes of pictures, we eased her back into the water for another day.

I am now officially hooked on muskie fishing. There is a great lake here in Missouri about 2 hours from my house that is getting renowned for good muskie fishing. Though I will be making the trip to Wisconsin every year at this point.

Good times, and lots of beer that day. We fished from 9 AM till dark. :wacko:

Caught this beauty in Wisconsin last summer.

Met Moss6 and Seductive Nun at Chiefs training camp last August. Had a great time. Great couple of guys.

This was the first time I had fished specifically for Muskies. We caught about a 24" sucker for bait and floated down the river. In the meantime we were fishing for smallies. Anyway, we are going through about 2 feet of water and I hear this big WHOOOOOSHHHHH!!!

And something grabs the sucker. The line starts running out, I set the hook, and NO HOOK UP. I real in the sucker, and it's got a huge strike mark across it's tail. But it's alive.

So we throw her out again. About 20 minutes later, we are still throwing lures for smallies. Out of the corner of my eye I see this white flash, and BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM. Sucker is down. This time, I set the hook. Fish on. The fight lasts about 5 minutes, and I pull that 40" muskie into the boat. After a few minutes of pictures, we eased her back into the water for another day.

I am now officially hooked on muskie fishing. There is a great lake here in Missouri about 2 hours from my house that is getting renowned for good muskie fishing. Though I will be making the trip to Wisconsin every year at this point.

Good times, and lots of beer that day. We fished from 9 AM till dark. :wacko:

chief next year ill take out who ever wants to go if you make it up .... what lake??? im a semi muski man but like to go for the eyes even more....

oh and night fishen for esox is even better

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

chief next year ill take out who ever wants to go if you make it up .... what lake??? im a semi muski man but like to go for the eyes even more....

oh and night fishen for esox is even better

We fished the river that goes through Wausau--I believe it was the Rib River. We put in about 10 miles upstream and floated toward town. Drank beer and fished all day. I am planning on coming up in August again. Would love to go for some walleye. Haven't fished for them much. When we go to Minnesota in June we usually go for northerns and bass.

Heaven on earth, ICHDO.

Beauty of a fish, congratulations! :wacko:

I too am more of a walleye fisherman, and occasionally go after largemouth bass, never fished for muskies before. Seems like something I should try sometime though.

next training camp we can hit the river for eyes, muskie and smallies... i felt bad when i bagged out with a bad back... got a new boat so we are set .

Nice Muskie CD!! I have never caught a muskie but have caught about everything else. I just got back from 2 days of ice fiishing and a day of fly fishing up in Wyoming, Grey Reef, where I grew up. My 8 year old son caught 20 trout and had a blast! I think his grandfather /father had a better time though!

Grew up fishing on Big Stone Lake on the Minnesota South Dakota border, fantastic walleye fishing. I almost didn't graduate high school because the last 4 weeks we fished everynight until midnight. Casting cranks into the shallows after dark and a slip bobber off the front of the boat.

I now live on one of the biggest walleye factories in the world Oahe Reservoir on the Missouri River. I don't fish much anymore, but my dad still does and when he comes out we spend some time out fishing. He loves to ice fish, he has one of those fancy fish shacks you can live in.

hmmm...a Cowboys fan and a Giants fan on the same boat...that would be interesting :wacko:

Add a Birds fan , i'd love to also!

I dont go often but when I do I love it. I have a friend that is an avid fisherman. My problem is no matter what I try I get seasick almost every time. If i went on the huddle trip I may end up providing the chum. When we do go we go for Blues, bass, we also go for blackfish and Fluke . I dont get sick with the blackfisgh and fluke because they are in the bay

I'm a bass and catfish man myself. Having a farm with many ponds (9), I throw the bait out my fair share. I'm definately not an avid fisherman so much as a hunter, but my two boys are really taking an likening to it so I may be doing more of it than I had thought.

Nice fish CD.

And for those of you wondering about the douc_he that I had a run in with, still haven't seen him since. Water under the bridge for now I guess.

Edited by Hat Trick

I'm a bass and catfish man myself. Having a farm with many ponds (9), I throw the bait out my fair share. I'm definately not an avid fisherman so much as a hunter, but my two boys are really taking an likening to it so I may be doing more of it than I had thought.

Nice fish CD.

And for those of you wondering about the douc_he that I had a run in with, still haven't seen him since. Water under the bridge for now I guess.

I was just thinking about that

Grew up fishing on Big Stone Lake on the Minnesota South Dakota border, fantastic walleye fishing. I almost didn't graduate high school because the last 4 weeks we fished everynight until midnight. Casting cranks into the shallows after dark and a slip bobber off the front of the boat.

I now live on one of the biggest walleye factories in the world Oahe Reservoir on the Missouri River. I don't fish much anymore, but my dad still does and when he comes out we spend some time out fishing. He loves to ice fish, he has one of those fancy fish shacks you can live in.

Originally from NoDak where we did quite a bit of fishing on the James and Missouri systems. Walleye fishing in the NW is a little different. Just got back from a week fishing upriver on the Columbia (just below the Grand Coulee Dam). Its an annual event that started about 10 years with 3 of us. This year there were 46 with quite a few states represented (we grow our walleye big out here). Quite a few of our lakes are actually frozen over (which isn't common out here) but the river is still soft water, although a couple weeks earlier they were chopping and torching the lauches in the morning. The last week was great weather though. I think we were in the mid 40s for highs and never got much below 25 at night. Largest walleye for the weekend was 12.9 lbs which is good sized for that stretch of river. Most of the upper teen eyes that the Columbia is known for come from the Wallula and Umatilla pools (above and below McNary Dam).

We'll be back at it in a couple weeks around McNary where the current WA state record came from last year (19.5 lbs...we grow em big out here). In March a few years ago, my fish partner and I got an 18.06 into the boat and to the scales so we've got something to try to beat and hopefully she's grown a little in the last few years.

I'm headed to Mobridge later on this summer for the CNT tournament. I haven't fished Oahe in quite a few years. I'm hoping there are decent water levels. Looking forward to getting back to the Dakotas for some fishing....Hopefully I'll have my Lund sold and into a new boat by then. Local tournament circuits start in less than a month!