[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama and Concealed Carry

Jimmy Neutron

but,

Barack Obama

Supports extending the assault weapons ban. Supports national law against carrying concealed weapons, with exceptions for retired police and military personnel. Supports limiting gun sales to one per month.

:wacko:

Too bad. I'm not surprised, but this is worse than Hillary's stance on guns. :D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he supports us being able to walk about with a weapon but just not concealed I would be first in line to vote for him. Unfortuneately I don't think that what he is suggesting.

I think that he's saying everyone can and should carry a gun (or "go heels" as they say), but it must be worn in an external holster.

Supports extending the assault weapons ban: - Why is this a bad thing?

Supports national law against carrying concealed weapons, with exceptions for retired police and military personnel: Cool with me - but I can see where some people would have a problem with this.

Supports limiting gun sales to one per month: Maybe its better the say 12 per year.

I would be stoked if he supported open carry, but I'm guessing that's not in the cards. I'm not in favor of his stance on guns at all. Just another reason I support Libertarians.

but,

:wacko:

Too bad. I'm not surprised, but this is worse than Hillary's stance on guns. :D

I know no hunters or sportsmen that use an AK47 for hunting. What's next machine guns to catch trout?. Come on Jimmy.

The assault weaons ban and more cops on the streets works. I'm all for hunting and fishing but this is crazy.

How about a little common sense here.

I know no hunters or sportsmen that use an AK47 for hunting. What's next machine guns to catch trout?. Come on Jimmy.

The assault weaons ban and more cops on the streets works. I'm all for hunting and fishing but this is crazy.

:wacko: I don't recall the words "hunting" or "fishing" populating the second amendment.

All I ask is for my constitutional rights to be honored.

:wacko: I don't recall the words "hunting" or "fishing" populating the second amendment.

All I ask is for my constitutional rights to be honored.

How about we take a strict intrerpretation to the constitution and restrict arms to those available when it was written?

I'm cool with that.

Sigh...

Any person who's a decent shot and a good long rifle is far more dangerous than some tool with a semi-automatic rifle. Just because it looks dangerous doesn't mean that it is any more effective at killing something. The assault weapon ban is simply a political tool used to get folks riled up; mostly folks that are collectors and sportsmen who have a legitimate reason for wanting to own one of the weapons and those on the other side that want all guns banned. It is used to turn the gun issue, which should be a straight forward logical and objective issue, into something emotional that appeals to the masses.

The simple fact of the matter is, I don't see crack dealers standing on the corner with AK47s either but that's certainly what the general public thinks.

I would ask that everyone take a step back and think about this ban in an objective and unemotional way. I can only hope that then you see how completely useless it is as a tool to prevent firearms from getting into the hands of the wrong people. It does far more to limit the legitimate ownership of these guns than it does to help keep society safe.

From the things I have read, Obama is about as anti-gun as you can get. Frankly, that's one of the things I like about him.

+1

And don't get me wrong, the fact that I support stricter gun control doesn't mean that I want them all to go away. Rather, exactly what it says, stricter control. Considering whack-job a V Tech was able to legally purchase the guns he used in the massacre after documented cases of his poor mental health, I can't see why any sane person would not agree that it should be harder to get a gun.

The last time this was brought up I asked this and was surprised by the arguments I got about it, can we just start with not letting crazy people have guns? Is that too much to ask?

Considering that the NRA fights tooth and nail over every restriction as if it's some slippery slope to nobody being allowed to own guns... as if not allowing people who are confirmed nut jobs to have guns will somehow be a precedent for taking that right away from sane, law abiding citizens... then I support someone in power who's going to push hard to increase restrictions.

Well, there's that and the fact that I would just as soon not have a bunch of dudes walking around with concealed guns. Like I've said before, I've managed to go my entire life without owning a gun and have lived in Berkeley/Oakland, CA, NYC, and Durham, NC among other places. Hardly the safest areas out there. Contrary to popular opinion, it can be done.

My primary concerns about allowing people to walk around with guns basically comes down to the fact that I think many people are stupid. My issues have to do with, when somebody like H8tank posts a story about some dude who guns down two thieves who are running away and not posing a threat to his or anyone else's safety, there are people who don't mind it. Well, I don't want to be the guy that happens to be standing next to the guy that some vigilante moron decides needs to be shot there and then because he took some old ladies purse. And, unfortunately, I have little reason to expect that some (not all) gun advocates will have the sense not to pull the trigger right there.

Edited by detlef