[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McFadden at #5 to the Chiefs?

Riffraff

Surprised this wasn't already posted (if it was I missed it and the search function didn't catch it).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-m...o&type=lgns

“He’s a game-changing talent,” said Kansas City president Carl Peterson, whose team holds the No. 5 overall pick and has running back Larry Johnson already in the fold. “He helped himself a lot today … if he’s at No. 5 overall, I’m going to have to consider him long and hard. … And I have a great running back.”

Could be interesting for dynasty owners. May have to play the wait-n-see game.

Would make the 1.01 pick harder for some.

REALLY. I'd see them trading down first. They have so many needs.

+1...that's precisely why King Carl is making these comments. Like us here in the Huddle, teams around the league know that KC has other needs and with LJ in the fold, really do not need McFadden. But to get maximum value for that pick, he has to make teams think he will take McFadden.

? Implying OAK will take him? Possible but IMO odds are not....

And lol if KC does.

/quote]

implying that the Raiders or possibly Falcons take the number one RB coming out this year......

Warrick Dunn isn't getting any younger....Obviously Falcons dont have the faith in Norwood to be an every down back by the way they used him last year....yeah, odds are they take Matt Ryan, but just saying I wouldn't be surprised if Raiders or Falcons take an explosive offensive player if available......

[Warrick Dunn isn't getting any younger....Obviously Falcons dont have the faith in Norwood to be an every down back by the way they used him last year....yeah, odds are they take Matt Ryan, but just saying I wouldn't be surprised if Raiders or Falcons take an explosive offensive player if available......

ooops, just read that Atlanta has been in contact with Michael Turner.....maybe McFadden would be there with 5th pick....!

I think he's not only there at 5, but he'll be there at 7, in which case we see the Cowboys trade with the pats for those two 1sts to move up and take him. Just an idea...

i wouldnt mind seeing Pats do that, although also would love to see Gholston from Ohio State in Pats uni next year...!

i wouldnt mind seeing Pats do that, although also would love to see Gholston from Ohio State in Pats uni next year...!

That would be the downside, no Gholston. But they could really use the extra picks, and usually find a way to get more than they start with. Should be interesting either way.

I think he's not only there at 5, but he'll be there at 7, in which case we see the Cowboys trade with the pats for those two 1sts to move up and take him. Just an idea...

'Boys could also sit tight with their 2 picks and grab Felix Jones, who would cost less.........

I was just over at the patriots team page message board, and somebody posted a SI mock draft done by Don Banks:

SI Mock

He has this deal happening too. :wacko:

The reason I can't see them taking a DT (Raiders) because they have Kelly and Sands locked up on long-term deals already. Both of their DT played well when given the chance. Plus Sands is a really good run-stuffer. If they select a DT it won't be in the first round.

The reason I can't see them taking a DT (Raiders) because they have Kelly and Sands locked up on long-term deals already. Both of their DT played well when given the chance. Plus Sands is a really good run-stuffer. If they select a DT it won't be in the first round.

True. Now that they PAID Kelly, this may need to be re-worked a bit. But it's an interesting thought.

If Long is available they take him, otherwise I see them trading down. I have seen mocks were they take Dorsey, but I don;t see Carl using his top 5 pick and picking a DT again, we've been down that road and Sims failed miserably.

I'd give the chances of KC taking McFadden in the draft as slim & none, and slim just rode out of town.

KC already had a stud RB and it would be difficult for any team with KC's needs at other positions to support 2 high priced RBs while letting other positions suffer.

It could happen, but I'd say the odds are remote of both McFadden still being on the board at #5 and of KC taking him if he were there.

+1...that's precisely why King Carl is making these comments. Like us here in the Huddle, teams around the league know that KC has other needs and with LJ in the fold, really do not need McFadden. But to get maximum value for that pick, he has to make teams think he will take McFadden.

KC already had a stud RB

Always thought that LJ and Priest were more products of the O-line than studs, but the Chiefs certainly put a ton of money into both LJ and Priest over the past five or so years. No way that they pay McFadden Top 5 money less than a year removed from giving LJ a mega-deal.