[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What would YOU do if you found $30,000?

KSUChiefsTarheelFan

POMONA, Calif. - A thrift store worker in Southern California says she didn't think twice about returning $30,000 she found in donated clothing.

Barbarita Nunez was sorting clothes on Tuesday at the Veterans Thrift Store when she found a small box. Inside was an envelope of cash. Nunez said at first she thought the money was fake. But just in case, she gave it to her supervisor. The money turned out to belong to a woman who had recently died. It was returned to her family, who gave Nunez a cash reward. Nunez said she will send some of the reward to Mexico so her mother can have an eye operation and will use the rest to buy a digital camera. :wacko:

don't understand your thread title. the lady did the right thing by returning the money and then used her reward money (surely a much smaller amount than $30K) to help her mom and buy a camera. sounds reasonable to me. not sure how you would be looking to get more out of this situation ...

POMONA, Calif. - A thrift store worker in Southern California says she didn't think twice about returning $30,000 she found in donated clothing.

Barbarita Nunez was sorting clothes on Tuesday at the Veterans Thrift Store when she found a small box. Inside was an envelope of cash. Nunez said at first she thought the money was fake. But just in case, she gave it to her supervisor. The money turned out to belong to a woman who had recently died. It was returned to her family, who gave Nunez a cash reward. Nunez said she will send some of the reward to Mexico so her mother can have an eye operation and will use the rest to buy a digital camera. :wacko:

I'm guessing you would have kept the cash?

Sorry man, this woman needs to be congratulated on doing the right thing. The fact that she got a reward from the folks the money belonged to is just gravy. The reward is in the act, not in the gift. I'd like to think that in the same situation, I'd have the strength to do the same thing the woman did.

don't understand your thread title. the lady did the right thing by returning the money and then used her reward money (surely a much smaller amount than $30K) to help her mom and buy a camera. sounds reasonable to me. not sure how you would be looking to get more out of this situation ...
Hey man, relax. Pretend we are sitting around the camp fire, and I ask you what YOU would do....that's pretty much the extent of it. I am not sure what I would do with the money. it depends on MY situation. I am a firm believer in karma, so anticipating some sort of a "gratuity" upon the moneys return, then I would probably do what 90% of good people would do, and return all $20,000 of it.
I'm guessing you would have kept the cash?
Does the saying "One man's loss is another man's gain" apply in this situation?

I have lost my wallet on a couple of occasions, and was glad to get it back both times. I had a woman at my restaurant leave her purse in the bathroom. She came in 2 hours later in tears and on the verge of hyperventilating and a nervous breakdown. It was a good feeling to walk out of the office with her purse...even better when she gave me a big ol hug and a $20 to thank me. She was a cougar fo sho!

I'm not completely sure if I would have returned the money or not. I like to think that I would, but that's a lot of temptation for someone to overcome. I just don't know what I would do if I were REALLY faced with that situation. :wacko:

I'm not completely sure if I would have returned the money or not. I like to think that I would, but that's a lot of temptation for someone to overcome. I just don't know what I would do if I were REALLY faced with that situation. :D

I would have spent it all on strippers and blow and then sent pics with a thank you card attached. :wacko:

146,107,962 :wacko:

That seemed low to me, so I did a little :D ing of my own.

*Ahem*

5 numbers from a pool 1 through 55 plus a sixth number in a pool of 1 through 42:

55 * 54 * 53 * 52 * 51 * 42 = 17,532,955,440 possible combinations

30,000 tickets is a mere 0.00017% of the total.

So, the chances are very good.

That seemed low to me, so I did a little :wacko: ing of my own.

*Ahem*

5 numbers from a pool 1 through 55 plus a sixth number in a pool of 1 through 42:

55 * 54 * 53 * 52 * 51 * 42 = 17,532,955,440 possible combinations

Answer is 55!/((55-5)!5!) * 42 = 146107962.

You forgot to divide by by the 5! portion since the order of numbers drawn (outside the power ball) does not matter.

statistics link

Edited by Big John

Hey man, relax. Pretend we are sitting around the camp fire, and I ask you what YOU would do....that's pretty much the extent of it. I am not sure what I would do with the money. it depends on MY situation. I am a firm believer in karma, so anticipating some sort of a "gratuity" upon the moneys return, then I would probably do what 90% of good people would do, and return all $20,000 of it.

No one else finds this funny??