[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

iPods

Egret

Now that my fat ass has lost 20 lbs, I can get a little more out of work outs. I'd like to get an iPod while I run or walk. I'd probably even listen to it while mowing the lawn. It looks like the shuffle is the best one for that. Anyone ever use a shuffle before? Any reason to get a Nano instead?

Now that my fat ass has lost 20 lbs, I can get a little more out of work outs. I'd like to get an iPod while I run or walk. I'd probably even listen to it while mowing the lawn. It looks like the shuffle is the best one for that. Anyone ever use a shuffle before? Any reason to get a Nano instead?

Only difference is physical size, memory, and the convenience of the screen.

If you don't need a screen to see the songs or watch movies, and you don't need anything too hugh - then the 1GB Shuffle is probably perfect for you. With the release of the new 2GB Shuffle a few weeks ago, the 1GB dropped to $49.

And it has a nice little clip on it for exercise, so you don't have to buy a case/strap that you would with the Nano..

Go with the shuffle.

Kp

The shuffle is great. A lot of girls use that one.

I'm down to an A-cup now. :wacko:

Only difference is physical size, memory, and the convenience of the screen.

If you don't need a screen to see the songs or watch movies, and you don't need anything too hugh - then the 1GB Shuffle is probably perfect for you. With the release of the new 2GB Shuffle a few weeks ago, the 1GB dropped to $49.

And it has a nice little clip on it for exercise, so you don't have to buy a case/strap that you would with the Nano..

Go with the shuffle.

Kp

Thanks! :D

The nano is the only Ipod that has the ability to use crappy shoes from spammers Plus.

crappy shoes from spammers Plus lets your Ipod "connect" with your running - It will keep a pace and talk to your ear and let you know how your workout is going. You can then sync your workout to the web.

I have not used it but am thinking of getting a Nano (I have the bigger 30GB already) for the use of crappy shoes from spammers Plus.

The nano is the only Ipod that has the ability to use crappy shoes from spammers Plus.

crappy shoes from spammers Plus lets your Ipod "connect" with your running - It will keep a pace and talk to your ear and let you know how your workout is going. You can then sync your workout to the web.

I have not used it but am thinking of getting a Nano (I have the bigger 30GB already) for the use of crappy shoes from spammers Plus.

I have both the nano and crappy shoes from spammers plus. I wear new balance shoes though and just bought some inserts then taped the crappy shoes from spammers plus under the arch of the insert. it works great you can't even tell it is there. crappy shoes from spammers plus is pretty cool and is perfect for running outdoors with how beautiful it is right now. i imagine once summer hits i'll head back inside to the treadmills at my gym.

I like a 2G/4G Nano because it has a screen. I like making playlists and you don't see them on the shuffle. That may not matter to you if you don't want to control the song order you use.

There are some pretty good free workout pod casts you may like.

The real difference is whether or not you want to have control over what you are listening to on the fly

With a shuffle, you pick what populates the ipod and then just let the player randomize the music.

With a nano (or any ipod with a screen), you have the option to do this the same way, or to choose what you want to listen to as you go.

I used a shuffle for a long time at the gym. I liked that I could clip it onto my baseball cap and have it out of the way. I never worried about it getting damaged.

Now I use iPod touch. I :heart: it.

I have the 4GB Nano. I heart it. The screen is sweet and the display is crystal clear. As mentioned..nice for browsing albums/playlists. You can also put pictures on it if you want...watch movies, video podcasts... etc. I only wish I went with the 8GB. Ideally..I would love to have the Touch..but I wasn't willing to throw down the $ on the higher models. The Nano's price/features was best for me.

Edited by Hitman

My $50 flip phone from 2004 could do everything the iPod Shuffle could do. Stereo headset... playlists... shuffle tracks, and I added a 2GB MicroSD card for another $50 (now cost around $10) so I could hold 400 songs or so.

I don't get the infatuation with the iPod. Playing mp3s isn't high technology.

My $50 flip phone from 2004 could do everything the iPod Shuffle could do. Stereo headset... playlists... shuffle tracks, and I added a 2GB MicroSD card for another $50 (now cost around $10) so I could hold 400 songs or so.

I don't get the infatuation with the iPod. Playing mp3s isn't high technology.

No, but if you get on a tread mill or run outside, it's better than hanging one of those boat anchors off your belt.

"Sync your workout to the web"? Why?

I have both the nano and crappy shoes from spammers plus. I wear new balance shoes though and just bought some inserts then taped the crappy shoes from spammers plus under the arch of the insert. it works great you can't even tell it is there. crappy shoes from spammers plus is pretty cool and is perfect for running outdoors with how beautiful it is right now. i imagine once summer hits i'll head back inside to the treadmills at my gym.

Lunacy. :wacko:

No, but if you get on a tread mill or run outside, it's better than hanging one of those boat anchors off your belt.

I worked out with it in my pocket. Never had a problem.

I just tucked it into my speedo or spandex short-shorts.

Have the shuffle. Perfect for the gym, or running outside. Durable and very small. I'd recommend it for sure, especially if the main usage will be when being active.

+1

I just mixup a playlist and resync from time to time to spice things up but for working out or yard work the shuffle is the bomb.

Same decision I had to make a month ago. I went with the 8GB Nano. It is still really small and light. I wanted to have more than a few hundred songs to choose from. However, I am still trying to figure out the best way to exercise with it. I bought an armstrap and tried running the earphones through the sleeve and out of my collar but I haven't found that to be comfortable yet. I now run with it in my pocket which isn't bad at all except the left earphone wants to fall out which pisses me off. So I'm happy with the nano (holds up to 2k songs) but I'm still trying to perfect running with it.

Edited by Puddy

Same decision I had to make a month ago. I went with the 8GB Nano. It is still really small and light. I wanted to have more than a few hundred songs to choose from. However, I am still trying to figure out the best way to exercise with it. I bought an armstrap and tried running the earphones through the sleeve and out of my collar but I haven't found that to be comfortable yet. I now run with it in my pocket which isn't bad at all except the left earphone wants to fall out which pisses me off. So I'm happy with the nano (holds up to 2k songs) but I'm still trying to perfect running with it.

But these, or something similar, and you'll have no problems. I ran a marathon with them and they never fell out. They rock: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-EX81LP-Bud-...s/dp/B0007N55LE

For the money and the short amount of time it takes to make up an hour playlist, the shuffle takes care of all this. Clip it right onto your baseball cap.

Also, I hate earbuds in any form, so I just get a pair of sony wrap-around headphones. this kind

For the money and the short amount of time it takes to make up an hour playlist, the shuffle takes care of all this. Clip it right onto your baseball cap.

Also, I hate earbuds in any form, so I just get a pair of sony wrap-around headphones. this kind

:wacko: That cracks me up. You buy the small tiny Ipod for size and weight, and then wrap an inflatable turban around your head. :D Must work especially well on the tread mill.

I'm with Atomic on this. I hate carrying around tons of crap. With an mp3 enabled phone, I have tunes and phone on my bike or motorcycle, plug into the car, whatever, and I only carry one thing. I bought a shuffle a while back and once I got the phone, gave it to my 7 y/o.

My shuffle will arrive tomorrow. Like Hugh, I don't want a boat anchor when all is said and done. My phone can do MP3s, it's small, but not as small as a shuffle.

That's cool but the nano is far from heavy.

Size and weight

Height: 2.75 inches (69.8 mm)

Width: 2.06 inches (52.3 mm)

Depth: 0.26 inch (6.5 mm)

Weight: 1.74 ounces (49.2 grams)

Anyways congrats on the 20lbs. That's what I've lost so far and looking to lose that much more.