[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deadliest Catch

jaxfactor

I thought it was supposed to start tomorrow 4/8, or is it next Tuesday, 4/15? I'm pumped as this is probably the only show on TV that I absolutely look forward to every week. Anyone know? Discovery.com didn't really give me any answers.

and neither do I. when the wife saw it advertised on Discovery, she was ,"Aw, poopy another one of your shows is starting back up. :wacko: "

plus i already had it DVR'd before she saw the commercial. :D

Definitely the 15th. The Northwestern was back in Seattle quite awhile ago already. Heard they got their quota early.

Definitely the 15th. The Northwestern was back in Seattle quite awhile ago already. Heard they got their quota early.

Thanks for ruining it.

I figured it was coming soon, I have had the reruns on while puttering around the house.

You know, I really liked the first few seasons but its getting old. And all the spin-offs on History are very annoying. Ice Truckers...sucksass. Timber Men... hasnt started yet but looks like it will suck ass.

There are a lot of tough guy spin offs but none of them have the great production and filming Deadliest Catch does. That's one finely done show.

I'm a little burned out, but looking forward to the new season anyway.

You know, I really liked the first few seasons but its getting old. And all the spin-offs on History are very annoying. Ice Truckers...sucksass. Timber Men... hasnt started yet but looks like it will suck ass.

i saw Ice Truckers for the first time a day or two ago, and thought it was interesting...of course that show is one crack away from a bigtime ratings boost

Wife hates Deadliest Catch.

She says that every episode is exactly the same.

I like it!

She wouldn't say that if she was a deck hand on the Northwestern. :wacko:

We have weather like they do on Lake Superior and when October and November come around you can't go an a boat without a survival suit. If you're in the water for about 30 minutes you're probably a goner.

Edited by Randall

She wouldn't say that if she was a deck hand on the Northwestern. :D

We have weather like they do on Lake Superior and when October and November come around you can't go an a boat without a survival suit. If you're in the water for about 30 minutes you're probably a goner.

lake superior vs bering sea :wacko:

lake superior vs bering sea :wacko:

Not the same in strength but in november the cold is. It broke the Edmond Fitzgerald in half.

On November 9 at 7 p.m. the National Weather Service (NWS) issued a gale warning for Lake Superior. In a gale, the wind speeds range from 34-40 knots. The NWS predicted east to northeasterly winds during the night, shifting to NW to N by the afternoon of November 10. At approximately 10:40 p.m. the NWS revised its forecast for eastern Lake Superior to easterly winds becoming southeasterly the morning of the 10th. At about 2:00 am November 10 the NWS upgraded the gale warning to a storm warning (winds 48-55 knots) with a prediction of "northeast winds 35 to 50 knots becoming northwesterly 28 to 38 knots on Monday, waves 8 to 15 feet". Around 2 a.m. the Captains of the Anderson and Fitzgerald discussed the threatening weather and decided to change their route. This safer route would take them northward, toward the coast of Canada. The northern route would protect them from the waves that the storm generated.

Edited by Randall

8 to 15 feet is good weather in the Bering Sea during crab season. They are regularly facing 20-30 foot waves, sometimes more.

And I believe the survivla time with no survival suit is just a couple minutes. In fact, last season they got a rescue on tape where a guy did go overboard and fortunately ther was another boat (Time Bandit, one of the featured boats) nearby that was able to get to the guy quickly and pull him out.

8 to 15 feet is good weather in the Bering Sea during crab season. They are regularly facing 20-30 foot waves, sometimes more.

And I believe the survivla time with no survival suit is just a couple minutes. In fact, last season they got a rescue on tape where a guy did go overboard and fortunately ther was another boat (Time Bandit, one of the featured boats) nearby that was able to get to the guy quickly and pull him out.

That was just one storm and the Fitz was pretty close to land. I've seen much bigger swells.

That one year when the boat got sideswiped it was a 60 foot wave.

Bering Sea i believe is in a catergory by itself ...cant compare to Great Lakes ( even though they can be nasty )\

love that show...i like to watch it with melted butter in a cup next to me :wacko:

I agree. I didn't say it was. I was just telling my own experiences with survival suits and cold weather.

Another way at looking at what i said(instead of disputing everything I say) would be if a ship like the Fitz can be broken like that on a lake imagine what the Bering Sea is capable of.

Great show. It may be a tough season for those guys. The crab don't seem to be concentrated in any one area this year.

I thought the same thing. I wonder how long of a season they had to bring in that much loot?

I think they said 60 days maybe 90, regardless $1000 per day is pretty good change.