[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

Here is my take on this week:

Michael Johns -- "Dream On" by Aerosmith

Good.....not great

Syesha Mercado -- "I Believe" by Fantasia

O.k. at best. Sounded like she was singing the low parts so too lightly (you could barely hear her)

Jason Castro -- "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland

Agreed with the judges. His best so far, and my favorite performance of the night.

Kristy Lee Cook -- "Anyway" by Martina McBride

I know I'm in the minority on this site, but, I love country music, and thought this was her best performance by far this season

David Cook - "Innocent" by Our Lady Peace

Once again, I agreed with the judges. This was his worst this season, but, past performances should still keep him safe

Carly Smithson -- "The Show Must Go On" by Queen

She can sing, but, she continues to bring nothing else to the table. I was expecting better, as I like this song

David Archuleta -- "Angels" by Robbie Williams

VERY Good performance by him again tonight. I know he seems to rub some the wrong way, but, I think he is genuine and extremely talented

Brooke White -- "You've Got a Friend" by James Taylor

Another one that I find genuine. I was a bit disappointed, as this was another song I like, and I think she was decent, but not great. I do like her though.

My choice for bottom three: Syesha, Carly, Brooke (David Cook gets a pass, as he has been phenomenal to this point)

My choice to go home: Syesha

Who I think will be bottom three: Syesha, Carly, Kristy Lee

Who I think will go home: Syesha

Are they actually going to get rid of one this week? Last year during Idol Gives Back they did not cut one. Not sure if they cut two the next week.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't read any responses thus far. Going off what I'm seeing.

Johns - not bad, should stay around another week.

Syesha - average, probably another performance that was over her head.

Castro - I didn't care for it, but the judges did.

KCook - Agreed that this was probably her best performance.

DCook - yuck, but his suck-up move with his hand message was a smart move.

Smithson - just average, could be in the bottom 3 this week.

Archuletta - boring and average. Not sure why the judges glorified him.

White - good for her voice. Safe and secure for next week.

Bottom 3 for me was Syesha, Castro, and DCook

But feel Syesha or Carly will be gone.

This week was pretty weak over-all.

Pretty weak week, including David Cook. Dude could have picked a way better song.

Anyone know of a site that shows full-length clips of tonight's songs? I was a du-mas and accidentally erased it before my wife got to see all the performances. :D - E2A: nevermind, was surprised to find them already up on YouTube.... :wacko:

Edited by darin3

Here are DialIdol's results:

David Archuleta

1-3

- -

Jason Castro

1-6

(B3)

- -

Kristy Lee Cook

1-6

(B3)

- -

Brooke White

2-8

(B3)

- -

Michael Johns

2-8

(B3)

- -

David Cook

2-8

(B3)

- -

Syesha Mercado

4-8

(B3)

- -

Carly Smithson

4-8

(B3)

-

that version of Over The Rainbow has been played in many movies, including being the theme from "Finding Forrester" with Sean Connery

And "50 First Dates".... :wacko:

Michael Johns?!?!? :wacko:

yeah really....shouldnt have been the one going home....and if i were him I would have punched seafag right in the eye and then kicked him in he nuts after pulling that sh1t..."last year we didnt send anyone home on idol gives back week" "this yr Michael you are going home" or however it was said exactly

A surprise to be sure. I love it when the booted singer just cannot believe he/she was just axed. No one could match Daughtry for the "WHAT?" look though.

A surprise to be sure. I love it when the booted singer just cannot believe he/she was just axed. No one could match Daughtry for the "WHAT?" look though.

Agreed, and there always seems to be a person that goes home way to soon when you dont expect it...this should be a wakeup call for these kids for sure.

and I still would have :wacko: seacrest if he pulled that sh1t(we didnt send anyone home last yr on idol gives back...And Michael, you are going home) on me :D

Cmon - you do realize that 90% of the voters are 12-year-old girls.

The only good thing about AI is the early episodes when the Uber-losers are paraded in front of the judges. After that, this show is G H E Y.

NTTAWWT

Edited by Controller

The only good thing about AI is the early episodes when the Uber-losers are paraded in front of the judges. After that, this show is G H E Y.

NTTAWWT

Just the opposite of what he said...

NTTAWWT

The show is definitely not ghey...maybe heterosexually challenged, but not ghey at all.

OK...maybe it is.