[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Country for Old Men.......

rocknrobn26

What the floc-k was that all about? Good movie, but the ending sucked! No closure! Is that too much to ask??? :wacko:

My daughter, wife, and myself watched it, but none of us got the endind!!!!! :D:D

Please 'splain it to me.................... :brew:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the ending, although unconventional, was well done.

We know that Anton gets the money and pretty much everyone else is killed. Then it shows that Tommy Lee Jones quit the force and his dreams show how he is looking back on his life and wondering about his life and if he failed to live up to the other lawmen that he mentioned in the opening voice-over.

I thought the ending, although unconventional, was well done.
(spoiler deleted!)

Ok I guess! :wacko: Still doesn't satisfy.

I was also disapointed in the ending. I don't like to assume or fill in any blanks. I like the strory to be there and filled in for sure. Sort of like the Soprano ending. I still have not decided what happend there.

Ty!

I'll look at that later......

IMO, you guys are missing McCarthy's point. This country is changing and not for the better. "Old Men" like TLJs character were once enough to engrain "the good guys win" theme our country enjoyed for so long. I think McCarthy is saying that's no longer true - and it was set in 1980.

IMO, you guys are missing McCarthy's point. This country is changing and not for the better. "Old Men" like TLJs character were once enough to engrain "the good guys win" theme our country enjoyed for so long. I think McCarthy is saying that's no longer true - and it was set in 1980.

I think it showed that the world always changes. It doesn't matter what era you're looking at, you get to a point where the world begins to pass you by.

I think it showed that the world always changes. It doesn't matter what era you're looking at, you get to a point where the world begins to pass you by.

I agree here, and this idea is more pronounced in the book. And, as much as the world changes, evil and its forms still persist.

Edited by Fatman

I thought the movies was outstanding and I will be buying it. The ending was a bit abrupt, but really, what else was there? He killed the guy and his wife that were trying to keep the money. That was the story. The Sheriff retired and Shigurh finished off the wife. Maybe he did something with the money before he headed out to kill her? :wacko:

Spoiler stuff.....

He killed the guy and his wife that were trying to keep the money. That was the story.

See....this is where I have a problem with the movie/ending. HE....didn't kill the guy. You've got this great movie flowing along, building up to a confrontation between the two main characters and all off the sudden....nothin.! They show the hired thugs running away from the scene and then they show the "guy" dead. At least they showed some body wearing the same clothes. I wasn't sure who it was other then the clothes. :D

So I'm sitting there trying to figure out... what the heck was that? And then they go to the sheriff sitting at the table rambling about what the hell, I have no idea. :wacko:

The way they went about the ending made a good movie into stupid movie.

Edited by BillyBalata

Spoiler stuff.....

See....this is where I have a problem with the movie/ending. HE....didn't kill the guy. You've got this great movie flowing along, building up to a confrontation between the two main characters and all off the sudden....nothin.! They show the hired thugs running away from the scene and then they show the "guy" dead. At least they showed some body wearing the same clothes. I wasn't sure who it was other then the clothes. :D

So I'm sitting there trying to figure out... what the heck was that? And then they go to the sheriff sitting at the table rambling about what the hell, I have no idea. :wacko:

The way they went about the ending made a good movie into stupid movie.

I think that sometimes filmmakers feel like they have to explain everything that happened at the end of movies so the audience doesn't leave confused, but the Coen brothers made you think a little bit about what happened, yet at the same time they tie up all the loose ends.

Maybe the Mexicans should have tied up Moss in the hotel room and left a suitcase nuke next to him. Then Jack Bauer comes in and chokes them out, while David Hasselhoff runs over and disarms the bomb. Chigurh shows up, but then Sly Stallone comes from behind and stabs him Rambo-style and everyone escapes. Moss gives the money to the poor children of Texas and then bangs his wife as the credits roll...

Two thumbs up. :wacko::D

I guess I'll have to watch the movie again. Not that's a bad thing. I don't remember him finding the $$$$. Plus I thought everyone was dead. Tthe Mrs.and daughter agree on that point also. That to me was the key. I understand TLJ's feelings at the end, thus the film's title.

I guess I'll have to watch the movie again. Not that's a bad thing. I don't remember him finding the $$$$. Plus I thought everyone was dead. Tthe Mrs.and daughter agree on that point also. That to me was the key. I understand TLJ's feelings at the end, thus the film's title.

I don't remember him finding the money either, but that wouldn't change the plot or ending at all for me.

I don't remember him finding the money either, but that wouldn't change the plot or ending at all for me.

When Tommy Lee Jones is in the hotel room, he looks at the open vent and sees a coin on the ground. I took that to mean that Chigurh opened it and took the cash, since he used a coin at the first hotel.

spoiler deleted

That's why I have to watvh it again! :D

As I said, it was a good movie, and all the replies support that. Maybe I'm just getting old.....OK TOO FREAKIN' OLD! :D And I don't want to THINK/HYPOTHESIZE about endings to movies anymore. Hell....I'm still trying to figger out the meaning of the Obelisque in "2001....Space Odyssey". :wacko:

I never got the ending of that movie nor the meaning of the obelisquw either. :wacko:

Man.....If Big John doesn't get....who can????

Case rested! :D

BTW...watched "JUNO" yesterday. Decent flick, easy to understand, I liked it! :D

Edited by rocknrobn26