[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys, Titans reach Pacman Jones deal.

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy
:wacko: Outshined is a Vikings fan and Swammi is an Eagles fan.

Ah, misread Outshined sig. But I called Swammi dead on and his post makes sense now. How about TD?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Dallas wants to win at all costs and quality of character plays zero role in deciding who plays for Dallas. Win or lose, it's a sad excuse for a franchise right now.

Next thing you know they will be drafting Andy Reids kids

IF Pacman behaves and gets re-instated, the cowboys have to be a big time SB favorite. The guy is a stud on the field, fills a big need and they still have two 1st rounders. This teams potential is looking scary good. Tough news for the very tough NFC East.

Team character matters. Just ask the Bengals. I think this is just another step toward a potential disaster in Dallas.

I am willing to bet the Chappy is REALLY a Cowboys fan. You are right TDF your avitar must of have been the final clue :wacko:

As far as the Boys signing Pacman goes, he is 1 heck of a CB and 1 heck of 1 headache. We can only hope that he is as much of a problem as TO has been since he has been with the team.

Edited by T_bone65

Well, well. Lots of IFs still on the table-

1. Will Goodell reinstate him. All signs point to yes but when?

2. The dude has sat out of football for a while now. What kind of shape will he be in to begin training camp? Has he lost a step? He says he's been working out though (down to 3 days a week at the moment).

3. Can he keep out of trouble? Take it from me, Dallas has some of the best strip clubs this nation has to offer. The only thing that gives me hope is the restructuring of the contract with no guaranteed money. If he doesn't play and/or behave, he won't get paid. Seems like good incentive to keep out of trouble.

If Pacman can get on the field this year, he could be a nice addition for an already potent fantasy defense. That being said, I do like gambling on guys with a "chip on the shoulder" mentality. I hope the chemistry with Tank, TO, and the other cast of character works out and doesn't blow up in Wade's face. I'm not sure he would know what to do.

ALSO, don't mean to hijack but any word on T. Glenn? Has he retired?

Guest Chappy
DAMN!!!!! I've been found out! I guess my avy reveals my deep dark secret of a rooting interest...

:wacko: Somehow I totally missed your avitar. But yeah that would've been the final clue.

Maybe he can get Irvin & Newton to show him around (they aren't in jail, are they?).

As to PacMan being reinstated, I'll wait to see how this latest "extortion" news turns out. Something smells off on that whole scenario. I did notice that DAL had a safety valve put on the trade in case Jones wasn't reinstated - they aren't showing complete confidence in his disposition in the immediate future.

I think this puts A LOT of pressure on Goodell to reinstate him now no matter what. I am not a Cowboys fan, but I also don't hate them or anything like that... but still, I really hope that this move blows up in their face. At a time when the league is obviously trying to crack down on the criminal element giving the league a black eye, here comes the Cowboys to reward and reinforce that behavior once again.

Edited by Savage Beatings

I think this puts A LOT of pressure on Goodell to reinstate him now no matter what. I am not a Cowboys fan, but I also don't hate them or anything like that... but still, I really hope that this move blows up in their face. At a time when the league is obviously trying to crack down on the criminal element giving the league a black eye, here comes the Cowboys to reward and reinforce that behavior once again.

If Goodell sees this as pressure I'm curious to see what he does. If he does reinstate him and he does it again will the Cowboys be punished and lose draft picks?

Team character matters. Just ask the Bengals. I think this is just another step toward a potential disaster in Dallas.

Well it just might. You can have only so many. Now if they got Chad Johnson some kind of way this could be a deadly team both ways. On the field. And in the locker room.

At this point as a Cowboys fan we are powerless to control personel decisions so some will be turned off to the point that they dont root for them anymore (I am assuming that is a very small percentage) and others like myself will just hope these players they have taken on see this as a last chance and walk the line. I know that is very wishful thinking and I am not naive but thats all you can do at this point. TO has had his moments but I would sign off right now on how he has behaved so far. Plus TO isnt a criminal . Hes just an egomaniac and when things are bad with him he can cripple a team. I have said before on the field Dallas sorely needs Pacmans talent at that position but I wish he wasnt on my team. If he behaves , which is very questionable, then I will enjoy his production on the field. If he blows up the organization has nobody to blame but themselves.

If Goodell sees this as pressure I'm curious to see what he does. If he does reinstate him and he does it again will the Cowboys be punished and lose draft picks?

Has that ever been done before ? I would assume the answer is no.

You are totally correct. But also its been a lot of other things that "I am God", Goodell has done that has never been done before. But if he gets in trouble again I can see it happening. To make it a point to all 32 teams. You do this you pay as well.

Not yet but he didn't mention it as part of the new policy.

"He did not say how he would punish those teams, although stripping them of draft choices is considered one of the most effective ways to do so.

"It is important that the NFL be represented consistently by outstanding people as well as great football players, coaches, and staff," Goodell said. "We hold ourselves to higher standards of responsible conduct because of what it means to be part of the National Football League. We have long had policies and programs designed to encourage responsible behavior, and this policy is a further step in ensuring that everyone who is part of the NFL meets that standard. We will continue to review the policy and modify it as warranted."