[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys, Titans reach Pacman Jones deal.

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true

The on-and-off trade talks between Dallas and Tennessee are on again, in a big way.

The Cowboys and Titans spent Saturday going back and forth on proposals, getting considerably closer to a trade that would send talented, but troubled, cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones to Dallas.

One person familiar with the talks said they were nearing a deal, but it was not done yet. However, it now sounds as if it could be done this week, well before the April 26-27 draft.

Just last week, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said talks were at a standstill, but those talks were quickly jumpstarted over the weekend with a series of phone calls between the two teams.

Dallas had been offering one of their two sixth-round picks.

Tennessee has been holding out, refusing to budge for anything less than a fourth-round pick. Plus, Dallas wanted to attach conditions to the trade in which it could receive a draft pick back from Tennessee if Jones got into more trouble in his new city.

Now, the two sides are nearing compromise. The deal could be completed by Tuesday, which also happens to be the time that Jones' agent, Manny Arora, said Jones plans to apply for reinstatement to the NFL. It was one year ago this past week that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Jones.

Goodell plans to review whether to reinstate Jones shortly before training camp, however Arora is likely to push for an even quicker decision.

Should the trade become official, it would not change Dallas' draft strategy in any way. The Cowboys would proceed as if they did not have Jones, as if they still had a need at cornerback, knowing they could not count on Jones to be reinstated.

Will it happen? :wacko: I'm thinking, yes.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas is loaded with titty bars I'm sure.

All it takes is one and they got 65. They got more than Nashville. So it won't be long until he is out the league totally when he gets to Dallas. Get the max use out of him from day one. Cause day 2 could be suspended again.

I know that Pacman has been a problem and that there's a chance he may not even be reinstated, however, as a Cowboy fan, I'm intrigued by the idea of Pacman coming to Big D, especially if it's for a 2nd day draft choice. It would be an instant upgrade at corner as well as a huge help as a RS.

Let's get it done.

Guest Chappy

Pacman Update

ESPNEWS is reporting that Pacman Jones will not apply for reinstatement to the NFL at this time.

Apparently Jones wants to find out from the Commish if he is in good standing before he officially applies to be reinstated. This will put trade talks on hold with the Titans and Cowboys.

| April 15, 2008 11:45 AM

Not to be nitpicking, but...

It's Vinnie Paul, not Pantera. Rex and Phil have never had any ownership. Neither did Dime for that matter, but he was always there.

PON takes his Pantera very, VERY, serious. And yes, he is correct.

Pantera kicks ass. :wacko:

As for Pacman, well, I dont see why he should be reinstated. If it were drug use, fine, suspend him then reinstate him. I know he wasnt the gunman, but didnt a guy get shot and paralyzed from one of Pacmans little do boys? Pacman is lowlife scum and honestly should just die. What good does he serve?

Dallas fans should be ashamed of themselves for thinking this is "intriguing". Its a disgrace if Dallas makes a move for him, and even more so if the NFL reinstates this POS.

Edited by peepinmofo

As for Pacman, well, I dont see why he should be reinstated. If it were drug use, fine, suspend him then reinstate him. I know he wasnt the gunman, but didnt a guy get shot and paralyzed from one of Pacmans little do boys? Pacman is lowlife scum and honestly should just die. What good does he serve?

:wacko:

This will not end well...

Guest Chappy

PacMan To Dallas Still Likely

Although a deal has still not officially been reached between Dallas and Tennessee sending CB Adam "PacMan" Jones from the Titans to the Cowboys, sources at the RanchReport.com indicate it WILL happen before the NFL Draft.

The sources tell The Ranch Report Jones should have a star on his helmet by the end of this week and that the Cowboys won't have to give up anyone currently on their roster. Apparently Tennessee is seeking a fourth and fifth round draft pick in return. In a text message exchanged with Pacman's agent Manny Arora earlier today with TheRanchReport.com's Scott Knudsen, he said, "It will work out. Stay confident."

| April 20, 2008 9:56 PM

From ESPN

The Dallas Cowboys and Tennessee Titans have agreed in principle on a trade for suspended cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

Dallas will send its fourth-round pick in Saturday's draft to the Titans for Jones.

There are also conditions attached to the trade related to Jones being reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and how much he plays for the Cowboys. If he plays a significant amount of time in 2008, the Titans will get an additional pick from the Cowboys in 2009.

If he doesn't get reinstated by the NFL, the Titans will send an undisclosed 2009 draft pick back to the Cowboys.

Also, Pacman has reached a financial settlement with the Titans regarding his contract situation. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Jones must pay $500,000 to a charity chosen by the Titans sometime in the next two years. He will receive a new contract from the Cowboys.

Edited by myhousekey

Guest Chappy

I think this is a great move for the Cowboys as now they'll have a good if not great CB and return man. They just may be able to draft somewhat differently come this weekend, even though I've heard if they acquired Pacman, it wouldn't change how they drafted. Now we'll see.

Pacman Moves To Big D

The Tennessee Titans have finally reached an agreement to send CB Adam "Pacman" Jones to Dallas. The Titans will reportedly receive a 4th Round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft along with the possibility of a future pick in the 2009 NFL Draft based on Pacman's playing time in Dallas in 2008.

Seems like a fair deal on both sides. The Titans rid themselves of a player that they do not want around any longer and possibly receive multiple picks for unloading their unwanted baggage. Dallas acquires a talented but troubled CB who can help immensely in their secondary and in the return game. All of this assumes Pacman gets reinstated by the NFL. Luckily for Dallas, there were provisions built into the deal that allow Dallas to receive an undisclosed Draft pick from the Titans in 2009 if Pacman does not get reinstated to play in Dallas in 2008. If Pacman does get reinstated, his value would be substantial in Dallas playing across from CB Terence Newman. More analysis will follow when a decision on Jones' reinstatement status is made by the NFL.

| April 23, 2008 4:44 PM

Edited by Chappy

I'm shocked that a franchise of such high quality would want Jones. Shocked, I tell ye! :oldrolleyes:

Yep. Dallas wants to win at all costs and quality of character plays zero role in deciding who plays for Dallas. Win or lose, it's a sad excuse for a franchise right now.

Guest Chappy
+1

Especially on the news this week that Jones paid extortion money in the shooting from several months ago.

I doubt this clown ever plays football again....nice to see Dallas working on its image of harboring losers, tho :D

Living up to "Americas Team" motto :D

Drugs and Thugs...whats next?

Yep. Dallas wants to win at all costs and quality of character plays zero role in deciding who plays for Dallas. Win or lose, it's a sad excuse for a franchise right now.

Just to make it clear before the following statement, I am a Broncos fan. Now, other than Outshined, who is obviously a Packer fan by his sig, I'm guessing Swammi and TD are one of the 3; Giant, Eagle or Redskin fans judging by the statements aove. And more likely than not they're Eagle fans. Just curious to know if I'm on target with that assessment or not. :wacko:

Just to make it clear before the following statement, I am a Broncos fan. Now, other than Outshined, who is obviously a Packer fan by his sig, I'm guessing Swammi and TD are one of the 3; Giant, Eagle or Redskin fans judging by the statements aove. And more likely than not they're Eagle fans. Just curious to know if I'm on target with that assessment or not. :wacko:

:D Outshined is a Vikings fan and Swammi is an Eagles fan.