[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys, Titans reach Pacman Jones deal.

Guest Chappy

You are totally correct. But also its been a lot of other things that "I am God", Goodell has done that has never been done before. But if he gets in trouble again I can see it happening. To make it a point to all 32 teams. You do this you pay as well.

Not yet but he didn't mention it as part of the new policy.

"He did not say how he would punish those teams, although stripping them of draft choices is considered one of the most effective ways to do so.

"It is important that the NFL be represented consistently by outstanding people as well as great football players, coaches, and staff," Goodell said. "We hold ourselves to higher standards of responsible conduct because of what it means to be part of the National Football League. We have long had policies and programs designed to encourage responsible behavior, and this policy is a further step in ensuring that everyone who is part of the NFL meets that standard. We will continue to review the policy and modify it as warranted."

It will be a tremendous slippery slope if he starts punishing teams for off the field behavior IMO

Edited by whomper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great move for the Cowboys. They give up next to nothing to get him, if he isn't reinstated, they get a pick, (and I've heard on Sirius it's a 4th) in 2009 from the Titans. Dallas will be paying Pacman next to nothing, and will be paying very little if any guaranteed money. Dallas has one of the best consuling programs in the NFL, as evident by the apparent turnaround of both TO and Tank. When was the last time you heard of a Dallas player getting into any kind of serious trouble? So, Dallas gets a possible probowl CB for next to nothing, and has mitigated the risk associated with him. I think it is a great move.

When did Pacman become an elite CB anyways?

Nobody has said he is elite, but he definitely has elite potential. He also had the best avg punt return yardage in 2006 of any full time returner and tied Hester for the most punt return TDs. There is no doubt he will improve the Cowboys if he is in shape.

Guest Chappy

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/600656.html

Pacman Signs 4 Year Deal

Newly dealt Cowboys DB Pacman Jones signed a four-year contract that included no signing bonus.

The contract is basically a year-to-year deal to protect the team if Pacman relapses into his old ways. If Jones is reinstated, he will get an advance on his 2008 salary, which will basically replace any signing bonus.

| April 24, 2008 7:01 PM

I heard Cowherd on his show reasoning that if Jones is making these kinds of moves with these kind of guys, that JJ thinks the Cowboys have a short window of opportunity. Taking his shot. That loss to the Giants really stung last January. Desperate times call for desperate measures. JJ's all in. Superbowl or Bust baby!

...or should I say "Superbowl or busted baby!"

If he behaves , which is very questionable, then I will enjoy his production on the field. If he blows up the organization has nobody to blame but themselves.

So what he has done in the past plays no bearing in your enjoyment? "As long as he behaves, you will enjoy his production on the field?"

He is currently being investigated further into claims of whether he paid extortion money in the Vegas shooting. Whether he did or didn't, he was obviously part of a crew that ultimately led a bar employee to be paralyzed.

Sorry, whether he behaves or not in the future has little bearing on what I think of him today....Cowboy, Bengal, Jet or Colt, I think the guy is a loser, and I would rather root for someone else. I'm glad the Eagles paid the money for Samuel, and did things the right way. Trying to better my team "at minimal cost" by trading a mid-round pick for a criminal seems rather ugly.

And trust me, I will be the first one to post here that in no way, shape or form will I endorse the trading of Chad Johnson to the Eagles...and he hasn't broken a law.

I don't want to root for criminals....call me crazy.

So what he has done in the past plays no bearing in your enjoyment? "As long as he behaves, you will enjoy his production on the field?"

He is currently being investigated further into claims of whether he paid extortion money in the Vegas shooting. Whether he did or didn't, he was obviously part of a crew that ultimately led a bar employee to be paralyzed.

Sorry, whether he behaves or not in the future has little bearing on what I think of him today....Cowboy, Bengal, Jet or Colt, I think the guy is a loser, and I would rather root for someone else. I'm glad the Eagles paid the money for Samuel, and did things the right way. Trying to better my team "at minimal cost" by trading a mid-round pick for a criminal seems rather ugly.

And trust me, I will be the first one to post here that in no way, shape or form will I endorse the trading of Chad Johnson to the Eagles...and he hasn't broken a law.

I have no control over who they bring in. All I can do is hope he behaves so he doesnt blow up my favorite team. I already have gone on record saying I dont want him on my team. That being said if he gets an interception and takes it to the house I am going to be happy about that play that helped my team

I have no control over who they bring in. All I can do is hope he behaves so he doesnt blow up my favorite team. I already have gone on record saying I dont want him on my team. That being said if he gets an interception and takes it to the house I am going to be happy about that play that helped my team

Goodell says he doesn't want to ban or punish players. He wants them to succeed but in a way that benefits the player, team and league.

He hopes Pacman finally get it. Chris Henry didn't, but Goodell reduced Jared Allen's suspension because he did "get it".

If he has grown up and accepted responsibility for his actions it will be great trade for the Cowboys. If not they can cut him and not lose much.

+1

People like him don't change, especially when they've never had to own up to anything they've done.

You may be right, but he should understand it will cost him $millions plus the fame he desires more than anything.

If he does screw up Goodell will have 2 examples for the rookies coming into the league of how not to act.

But we'd still root for the Eagles regardless. I just wouldn't feel as good about the team winning.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Hey CB !! Nice to see your back at work early this yr. :wacko:

Allright time to wipe that smile off your face, it's a new year. :D Looking forward to turning the perverbial tables on you all this year. And your right, the juices are starting to flow early. :D

P.S. Nice avy row.................... :brew: looking forward to ugly it up a bit this year.

Edited by Cowboyz1