[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas and Miami Make Trade

Kansas State 2000

Dallas sends Akin Ayodele & Anthony Fasano for Miami's 4th round pick (100).

Dallas has five picks in the first 100.

Dallas updated 2008 picks:

1 22 (22) From Cleveland

1 28 (28)

2 30 (61)

3 29 (92)

4 1 (100) From Miami

4 27 (126) (May go to Titans for PacMan)

5 28 (163)

6 1 (167) From Miami

7 28 (235)

It's now posted on-line.

LINK

Edited by Kansas State 2000

:wacko: Interesting. Anyone else think that Parcells, after seeing some film of Fasano, thinks he can be another Mark Bavaro? Having lived in Jax for longer than the Jags have been in existance, I always liked Akin Ayodele. I like the Tuna's thinking so far. Didn't give up much for what could be possibly a gold mine is Fasano pans out as hoped. Haven't seen a link on this, however. But as this is coming from KS 200, I'll take his word for it.

:wacko: Interesting. Anyone else think that Parcells, after seeing some film of Fasano, thinks he can be another Mark Bavaro? Having lived in Jax for longer than the Jags have been in existance, I always liked Akin Ayodele. I like the Tuna's thinking so far. Didn't give up much for what could be possibly a gold mine is Fasano pans out as hoped. Haven't seen a link on this, however. But as this is coming from KS 200, I'll take his word for it.

Yeah, pretty decent trade for the Fins. Fasano has some talent and some thought it was wasted in Dallas basically backing up Witten. David Martin and Justin Peelle are average at best, so I would probably be moving Fasano up my various draft boards. I like Ayodele, but he joins what appears to be a crowded mess of decent LBs like Ian Gold and Reggie Torbor.

Wow, now that was unexpected. I can see passing Ayodele to Miami as we have a glut of LB's but Fasano? I liked the kid and was nice insurance for Witten. Curtis and Hannah are serviceable but gosh Fasano and Ayodele for a 4th rounder. Something tells me that Bill and Jerry have more up their sleave. Sounds like Miami owes us some consideration. 2nd round talent with experience with a starter for a 4th round pick seems a little expensive.

Then again giving up players that barely see the field for top spot in the 4th may not be so bad so long as the cap hit for both once the bonus accelerater kicks in isn't to much.

Guest Chappy
Wow, now that was unexpected. I can see passing Ayodele to Miami as we have a glut of LB's but Fasano? I liked the kid and was nice insurance for Witten. Curtis and Hannah are serviceable but gosh Fasano and Ayodele for a 4th rounder. Something tells me that Bill and Jerry have more up their sleave. Sounds like Miami owes us some consideration. 2nd round talent with experience with a starter for a 4th round pick seems a little expensive.

Then again giving up players that barely see the field for top spot in the 4th may not be so bad so long as the cap hit for both once the bonus accelerater kicks in isn't to much.

I was just thinking about this deal, so basically the Cowboys traded Ayodele and Fasano for Pacman Jones. Not sure what Pacman's contract is, but they cleared about 3 mil in cap space for 2008 (2.5 for Ayodele, 450K for Fasano).

I thought Fasano was a good blocker, TE2 kinda guy. But they do have Tony Curtis and Hannah as well, and I believe Curtis was rotating w/ Fasano at TE2 behind Witten towards the end of 2007.

I was just thinking about this deal, so basically the Cowboys traded Ayodele and Fasano for Pacman Jones. Not sure what Pacman's contract is, but they cleared about 3 mil in cap space for 2008 (2.5 for Ayodele, 450K for Fasano).

Is that true, what about any signing bonus accelerated into this years cap? Haven't found the contract of both got any info on this?

This is a great move by the Fins. Parcells used the Cowboys second round pick in 2006 on Fasano so he effectively traded up without even considering he is getting 28 year old Ayodele. What I do not get is what Dallas is trying to do unless they are trying to stock up on picks so they can make a move tomorrow.

This is a great move by the Fins. Parcells used the Cowboys second round pick in 2006 on Fasano so he effectively traded up without even considering he is getting 28 year old Ayodele. What I do not get is what Dallas is trying to do unless they are trying to stock up on picks so they can make a move tomorrow.

ding ding ding ding ding

McFadden is a Cowboy after tomorrow.

ding ding ding ding ding

McFadden is a Cowboy after tomorrow.

I don't know if that additional 4th round pick is enough to move up for McFadden.

It is a good deal for Miami and Dallas gets back a 4th (to replace the one lost for Pacman) for a couple back-ups.

Bingo!

Dallas moves from the end of the 4th round to the #1 pick in the 4th, + Pac-Man for Fasano and Ayodele. I love this from a Cowboys perspective.

Ayodele was heading to the bench in Big D. Burnett has pushed him out of even the nickel defense.

Fasano isnt even the 2nd best TE on the roster.

As much credit as Parcells got in Dallas for adding talent to the roster, he was also responsible for some high busts like :

1st round pick Bobby Carpenter

1st round pick Marcus Spears

2nd round pick Anthony Fasano

2nd round pick Jacob Rogers

3rd round pick Stephen Peterman\

And he passed on Steven Jackson for Julius Jones

Edited by Sooner Nation

I think the jury is still out on Spears ... he can still remove bust from his name.

He certainly wasnt worth a 1st round pick. I agree he could be a nice player if he continues to improve, but there was better talent left on the board, and Dallas clearly was looking through tunnel vision at getting 2 pass rushers, when Spears wasnt that solid at LSU as a pass rusher.