[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best thing you've ever won

i_am_the_swammi

Back in high school I was on the debate team. There was a regional, annual tournament for all the "novices" for whom it was their first year doing speech and debate. There were various categories of events you could enter, and you could enter any one you wanted to. I successfully petitioned to compete in two different categories. I won both, then scored with some hot trailer trash chick from another school in the parking lot.

Edited by yo mama

I just won $1000 on a local radio station in a contest called "Double Your Weekly Paycheck" The max. they paid out was $1000.

If you are listening to the station, you call in within 5 minutes and they pay you. You call directly into the live studio and are live on the air. I wasn't listening at the time, but two complete strangers called me and told me to call in. By the time I got on the air, I didn't even know what station I was calling to, and they ask me to tell them what is my favorite radio station, and there was a little delay as I was trying to remember. I happened to have their website on in front of me which I had googled to get their phone number, so I pulled it off and said The Peak 104.5!

But of course that couldn't possibly top winning David Dorey's book right here on the Huddle in the preseason FF contest last year. :D

OR

Theohiostate's post season BOTH FF contest :wacko:

I was fortunate yesterday to answer a question correctly on a local sports radio show (Howard Eskin 610WIP), and won two awesome seats to the Flyers-Pens game next Tuesday. Hottest ticket in town, and I'll be in the Comcast Suite with all the hot-shots from the Philly area. Friggin' awesome.!

Was the question " How many Super Bowls have the Eagles won ? " :wacko:

J/K. Congrats, enjoy the game. :D

Back in 2003 or 2004, I won $3,000 from the ESPN Gridiron Weekly FF competion. In addition to the money, ESPN called me and did a phone interview that resulted in a posted article on me and my sweet FF skills. The article was on espn.com up until about a year ago - for some reason it doesn't come up anymore when I do a google search. I even gave props to the huddle in my interview and they included my huddle mention in the online article which surprised me. ESPN no longer have the Gridiron Weekly as it was when I won - I think it's called something else and has different rules.

Back in 2003 or 2004, I won $3,000 from the ESPN Gridiron Weekly FF competion. In addition to the money, ESPN called me and did a phone interview that resulted in a posted article on me and my sweet FF skills. The article was on espn.com up until about a year ago - for some reason it doesn't come up anymore when I do a google search. I even gave props to the huddle in my interview and they included my huddle mention in the online article which surprised me. ESPN no longer have the Gridiron Weekly as it was when I won - I think it's called something else and has different rules.

Yeah and I'm Cindy Lauuuper

Yeah and I'm Cindy Lauuuper

I know that sounds like B.S. but it's true. I think they archived all the past articles - if anyone here has ever played the GW they will know what I mean. I think I have linked it on here in the past, perhaps BJ can find it?

You're probably just yanking my chain but I found this post with link, but linky no worky anymore:

Post where I post link to article

I totally believe you. I just wanted to use a vague reference from the movie "Just One of the Guys " Starring Joyce Hyser and William Zabka

Edited by whomper

That movie is a classic but I don't remember that line. I just remember Mitch.

When he says the name Lauper he pronounces the au part like ou as in ouch. Louper. me and my friends have ben repeating that line for 20 years

My wife won a xbox 360 in a charity auction for $150 fairly recently. I am still coming to terms with this epic selfpwn I have achieved and will post the results hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

In order:

- Early 90's: A regional spot in a Ticketmaster - Guitar Magazine battle of the bands type thing in front of A&R people at the Moe in Seattle. There were 2000+ entries and they picked 5 bands. We really weren't that good, but our 2-song demo fooled them (I liked the band I was in before much better).

- Early 90's: Won 2nd place in a brewing competition for a Scotch Ale at Skagit River Brewing...won myself a T-shirt, but 1st place would have been my beer getting brewed commercialy.

- Last year: Drafting with team Crotch Doc at WCOFF and winning our league.

Like Brent, I won a big prize on an ESPN contest (wish it was $3k, but oh well). I think it was a contest where you picked the NBA playoffs (winners + how many games each series goes).

I won Filter's CD by correctly identifying them on the radio in Santa Barbara, CA.

Oh, and I won TOS's college bowl pick 'em last year, thanks to Vince Young. :wacko:

I totally believe you. I just wanted to use a vague reference from the movie "Just One of the Guys " Starring Joyce Hyser and William Zabka

when she "proved" she was a woman, everyone was a winner.

when she "proved" she was a woman, everyone was a winner.

One of the greatest surprises in the history of cinema