[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weight conversion question

whomper

I have something that is 165 grams per meter. I need to know how much that is in grams per square yard...Help :wacko:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming square meters.

1 yard = 0.9144 meter

so 1 sq yd = 0.8361 sq m

165 (.8361) = 138 grams in a sq yd. (137.96 is mot rounded to the nearest gram)

Edited by Big John

Is it grams per square meter, or does "per meter" have some different meaning based on a fixed width?

I am double checking that.

Now they are telling me what we have in the computer is 165 g per yd. They arent sure if its Sq yd or yd. Our guy here that does all of this is out of the office and i wanted to answer a chinese factory before I left today :wacko:

Now they are telling me what we have in the computer is 165 g per yd. They arent sure if its Sq yd or yd. Our guy here that does all of this is out of the office and i wanted to answer a chinese factory before I left today :wacko:

Here's the issue...

If you are talking about "Square Yards" versus "Square Meters", that's one answer. If you are talking about "Yards" versus "Meters", with both bolts being the same width, that's another answer.

Here's the issue...

If you are talking about "Square Yards" versus "Square Meters", that's one answer. If you are talking about "Yards" versus "Meters", with both bolts being the same width, that's another answer.

Forget I mentioned meters at all. The person called me back and said its yards not meters

Thanks for the feedback :wacko: My brother said he was going to call a guy he knew to help me with the weight. I said I already got answers from the huddle. He just shook his head :D Thanks again all :D

OK. I am an idiot :wacko: The goods are 165 grams per yard. I need to know what that is in oz per square yard

The US really should be on the metric system.

Kennedy promoted it....Nixon, Ford, and Carter sustained it, but Reagan killed it! :wacko:

The US really should be on the metric system.

Around 1996, all new highway plans were to be done in metric and highway signs changed a few years after that. So I was doing a couple metric highway designs when in 1997, due to politics, all the metric stuff was killed. All new plans were back in English and metric signs became "optional", with only Oregon opting for some of those. So some projects had been designed and constructed in metric. And with my new job, the first project was a dormant project done is metric and was resurected by the state highway department and it was a metric project - and they told us they still wanted the final product in metric. So brack to that for some time.

Massive expense to solve a trivial issue. As demonstrated here, conversion isn't that hard and computers make it a problem that in effect does not exist.

I guess I don't get where the massive expense would come in. I'm not suggesting that the US immediately switch to the metric system, but it seems pretty reasonable that it could be phased in over the course of, say, a decade or two. The English system is really quite idiotic: 12 inches to a foot, 3 feet to a yard, 1760 yards to a mile. 16 ounces to a pint, 2 pints to a quart, 4 quarts to a gallon. :wacko: Stupid.

There is a reason that scientists, even with their big brains and access to computers, use the metric system.

I guess I don't get where the massive expense would come in. I'm not suggesting that the US immediately switch to the metric system, but it seems pretty reasonable that it could be phased in over the course of, say, a decade or two. The English system is really quite idiotic: 12 inches to a foot, 3 feet to a yard, 1760 yards to a mile. 16 ounces to a pint, 2 pints to a quart, 4 quarts to a gallon. :wacko: Stupid.

There is a reason that scientists, even with their big brains and access to computers, use the metric system.

Man, a perfectly good tailgate debate and wiegie has to go injectin' all common sense an' stuff... :D