[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Things you are sick of

whomper

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corporate games with real people's lives. We've gone through some recent lay-offs under the pretense of re-structuring and gearing up for more growth. Then we hire new people for the exact same positions that were eliminated, but now under a slightly different title.

....and for slightly less pay, I would guess.

Corporate games with real people's lives. We've gone through some recent lay-offs under the pretense of re-structuring and gearing up for more growth. Then we hire new people for the exact same positions that were eliminated, but now under a slightly different title.

1.5 hours after I posted this, two more people here were fired. :wacko:

1.5 hours after I posted this, two more people here were fired. :wacko:

Gotta love corporate loyalty. Position elimination, then hire a new guy for a more or less identical spot next week but pay him $15k less. Woo-hoo, well done, corporate exec, you saved the company $20k including burden! :highfive:

Or, better yet, get some other poor schmoe to do two people's work instead of hiring! :highten:

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I'm sick of movies with big holes in the plot.....

First off, in Transformers when the car was changing channels to different songs to match the situation (funny scene). Shia Lebouf's character thought nothing of the fact that his car was simply changing radio stations automatically by spinning the dial (old radio) by itself.

...even more so

In "Back to the Future", Michael J. Fox's character goes back in time and is forced to get involved to make sure that his Mom & Dad get together. He spent a great deal of time with both his future Mom and his future Dad.

Now, fast forward 18-20 years later, their kid grows up and guess what, he looks exactly like that kid that worked to get them together years ago. Wouldn't this cause some suspicion on the Dad's part....:wacko: wait a second, our son looks EXACTLY like that kid you were hanging around with years ago............... :D

In "Back to the Future", Michael J. Fox's character goes back in time and is forced to get involved to make sure that his Mom & Dad get together. He spent a great deal of time with both his future Mom and his future Dad.

Now, fast forward 18-20 years later, their kid grows up and guess what, he looks exactly like that kid that worked to get them together years ago. Wouldn't this cause some suspicion on the Dad's part....:wacko: wait a second, our son looks EXACTLY like that kid you were hanging around with years ago............... :D

Maybe they smoked a lotta pot during those years and forgot.

itchy balls. when will it end?!

Put a little peanut butter on it and see if your pit bull really is a docile animal. :wacko:

:D:D This made me laugh out loud!

Best Buy - Don't they make enough money without trying to hook you into a magazine subscription scam.

The phrase "Buy Local". 9 times out of 10, I can't find what I'm looking for without special ordering it, and that takes 2-4 weeks. Nothing should take that long in this day and age....

Retail Stores, Pizza Joints, and everyone else that hires kids, pays them crap, and lets them run the business. This is why you can't get good service, or a decent Pizza anymore... I refuse to do business then these people anymore.

Idiot MF'ers with 50k of audio equipment in some poopyty little car. If your sitting at a stop light and your car is vibrating or bouncing.... YOUR MUSIC IS TO LOUD (I had to scream, because most of them are deaf)

If your over 25 and your still wearing your hat sideways, or your pants are still hanging off your ass, you are not cool, your now sad....

The phrase "Buy Local". 9 times out of 10, I can't find what I'm looking for without special ordering it, and that takes 2-4 weeks. Nothing should take that long in this day and age....

my father-in-law lives in this small town in arizona. last weekend i needed a firewire cable. all the chains sold them for $25 or more, a total ripoff. i found a mom-and-pop computer store around the corner from my father-in-law's place. i called and the guy said he had them for $15. i figured i would support the local business. i asked what time he closed, he said 6 pm. we got there at 5:40. he was closed. i bought it at radio shack instead.