[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiger !

isleseeya

Saw the US Open Thread but i believe Tiger deserves his own thread at thie moment

super effort by Rocco Mediate , but we are watching one of the greatest athletes ( ok not everyone likes to associate athlete with Gold players but Tiger is in a different class ) in history . His will to win is that of Michael Jordan and perhaps more ...The man refuses to lose or give in when he is on which is most of the time

Tiger is simply the best :D:wacko:

I like the fact that he is willing to to give the press such good interviews. Totally candid and humble. He is truly a great sports star. Probably the best in all of American sports since Jordan. I have rooted against him but he gets my utmost respect. Go Tiger. That crappy shoes from spammers commercial with his dad is pretty cool too.

Never been a Tiger fan. I remember a few years back, he was up for the Athlete of the Year award at the ESPYs. The other finalists were Michael Jordan and Lance Armstrong. Now, I may be a Bulls apologist, but I realize that Jordan wasn't the most humble of athletes, and I am certain that Armstrong is a class-A a-hole (he says so himself in his auto-biography). But Woods, after winning the award, gets up on stage and just reeks of arrogance. Me, me, me. You'd think he would have at least mentioned quite possibly the best athlete in our day and age (Jordan), and quite possibly the best comeback/domination story in sports history (Armstrong). Meh. Part of me hopes he comes up just shy of the "most majors" record, and is served a healthy portion of humble pie.

He should have won it yesterday, but made several mental errors to keep other guys in it.

Tiger was lucky to win it this year. Plain and simple.

I subscribe to the notion that good teams tend to have good luck and bad teams tend to have bad luck. In other words, I feel, that for the most part, teams make their own luck. I think that is the same for athletes in individual sports. I didn't see the round today. However, we've all seen the highlights of the "lucky" putts Tiger has made in this tournament. I watched some of the "lucky" saves Tiger made to get out of trouble.

Plain and simple, I disagree that Tiger was "lucky" to win it this year.

I subscribe to the notion that good teams tend to have good luck and bad teams tend to have bad luck. In other words, I feel, that for the most part, teams make their own luck. I think that is the same for athletes in individual sports. I didn't see the round today. However, we've all seen the highlights of the "lucky" putts Tiger has made in this tournament. I watched some of the "lucky" saves Tiger made to get out of trouble.

Plain and simple, I disagree that Tiger was "lucky" to win it this year.

"He's lucky! You're lucky! I'm lucky! We're all lucky!"

Never been a Tiger fan. I remember a few years back, he was up for the Athlete of the Year award at the ESPYs. The other finalists were Michael Jordan and Lance Armstrong. Now, I may be a Bulls apologist, but I realize that Jordan wasn't the most humble of athletes, and I am certain that Armstrong is a class-A a-hole (he says so himself in his auto-biography). But Woods, after winning the award, gets up on stage and just reeks of arrogance. Me, me, me. You'd think he would have at least mentioned quite possibly the best athlete in our day and age (Jordan), and quite possibly the best comeback/domination story in sports history (Armstrong). Meh. Part of me hopes he comes up just shy of the "most majors" record, and is served a healthy portion of humble pie.

Why should Tiger be humble? People who suck and think they're great should be humble. People who are the best in the world and can beat EVERYONE even in less than 100% health, people who walk onto the court and instill fear in eveyone around them, people who dominate as no one else has ever dominated. . .these people can be as arrogant as they want. They deserve it. If someone is the best and they know they're the best, and the rest of the UNIVERSE knows they're the best, then they have every right to be proud. Tiger, Lance and MJ can be as cocky as they want. They've earned the right.

Oh, and Lance has done more for cancer awareness and research than any other athelete in history. For that even more than his Tour de France performances, he is my hero. A-hole or not.

Why should Tiger be humble? People who suck and think they're great should be humble. People who are the best in the world and can beat EVERYONE even in less than 100% health, people who walk onto the court and instill fear in eveyone around them, people who dominate as no one else has ever dominated. . .these people can be as arrogant as they want. They deserve it. If someone is the best and they know they're the best, and the rest of the UNIVERSE knows they're the best, then they have every right to be proud. Tiger, Lance and MJ can be as cocky as they want. They've earned the right.

Oh, and Lance has done more for cancer awareness and research than any other athelete in history. For that even more than his Tour de France performances, he is my hero. A-hole or not.

Meh. And I'm not the one calling Armstrong an a-hole. He called himself that. And you totally missed my point. Arrogant-azz Woods should have mentioned at least Armstrong in his acceptance speech, as it was right at the peak of Armstrong's battle back.

Meh. And I'm not the one calling Armstrong an a-hole. He called himself that. And you totally missed my point. Arrogant-azz Woods should have mentioned at least Armstrong in his acceptance speech, as it was right at the peak of Armstrong's battle back.

I thought your point was that Tiger is arrogant, and that is the reason you don't like him.

Man, I need to work on my reading comprehension. . . .

I thought your point was that Tiger is arrogant, and that is the reason you don't like him.

Man, I need to work on my reading comprehension. . . .

Nope you got that loud and clear. But I think you just misinterpreted why. This was right when Tiger was on his way up and I think Armstrong's feats beared mentioning.

Maybe I'm just too nice of a person. Maybe it's why I also hate Kobe Bryant.

if you were that nice of a person, you wouldn't go around hating so many people. :D

OK hate's a strong word. Strongly dislike. Better? :D

:rainbow: :unicorn: :puppy:

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Um, no problem. None at all. :wacko:

Nope you got that loud and clear. But I think you just misinterpreted why. This was right when Tiger was on his way up and I think Armstrong's feats beared mentioning.

So it sounds like your biggest objection was that Tiger shouldn't have been the one receiving the award in the first place. You would have preferred a different arrogant a-hole on the stage. Maybe you should be pissed off at the ESPY voters more than Tiger.

swing and a miss - Tiger, Lance, MJ are who they who because they are cocky - the best always are. Tiger has actually come a long way and comes off as pretty humble - maybe it is age, having a kid, whatever - he gave Rocco his due, and respect today.

I consider MJ and Tiger the 2 most dominant in my lifetime - MJ was a pr1ck who only wanted to beat everyon'es ass- and that made him the coolest MF on the planet -

Why would he have to recognize Jordan or Lance for an award he wins?? who cares.

for being such a "nice person" you sure have a lot of hate.............

swing and a miss - Tiger, Lance, MJ are who they who because they are cocky - the best always are. Tiger has actually come a long way and comes off as pretty humble - maybe it is age, having a kid, whatever - he gave Rocco his due, and respect today.

I consider MJ and Tiger the 2 most dominant in my lifetime - MJ was a pr1ck who only wanted to beat everyon'es ass- and that made him the coolest MF on the planet -

Why would he have to recognize Jordan or Lance for an award he wins?? who cares.

for being such a "nice person" you sure have a lot of hate.............

:D They are who they are because they're tremendous athletes. There are, however, tremendous athletes that keep a sense of humility, though. So... swing and a miss.

And uh, *I* care, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have said what I said. Man, some of you people are f'in dense. :wacko:

Oh, and since your reading comprehension is apparently at a third-grade level, I'll reiterate:

OK hate's a strong word. Strongly dislike. Better? :D

:rainbow: :unicorn: :puppy:

Edited by darin3

And in closing, feel free to Google the words Tiger, Woods and arrogant. I'm not the only one that thinks this.

I'll say, though, this arrogance was really only evident a few years ago and he's becoming more modest and respectful of his peers as he gets older.

And in closing, feel free to Google the words Tiger, Woods and arrogant. I'm not the only one that thinks this.

I'll say, though, this arrogance was really only evident a few years ago and he's becoming more modest and respectful of his peers as he gets older.

it's like he thinks he's the best in the world or something ...

I guess the biggest problem I have with Tiger is the media giving him a balloon work each time he does something. The announcers, sports columnists, and the like all write about him and try to come up with some new catch phrase or spin on his name it gets old. The guy is good, we get it. Lets give him his due then move on to other topics. In my opinion the USGA and Torrey Pines won the US Open. They had two people under par by one stroke for a three day tournament. To me that says the course won. I have seen two dozens articles and columns about Tiger, and nothing about how the USGA set up a course that made the worlds best golfer shoot near even par. Maybe I am not looking hard enough.

On a side note, my golf buddy and I were talking the other day and we believe that somewhere in southern Alabama Tiger sold his soul to the devil.

:D They are who they are because they're tremendous athletes. There are, however, tremendous athletes that keep a sense of humility, though. So... swing and a miss.

And uh, *I* care, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have said what I said. Man, some of you people are f'in dense. :wacko:

Oh, and since your reading comprehension is apparently at a third-grade level, I'll reiterate:

you don't get to Tiger/MJ/Lance level by being humble, couldn't disagree more- nice try though :D

Negative. What separates MJ and Tiger is more than athletic ability, what makes them the greatest is their absolute arrogance, cockiness whatever you want to call it and belief that they are the best. Of course they are great athletes, but their mental toughness and will to not lose is the difference.

Most of the best have the eff you chippiness to them IMO- Montana, Nicklaus, Clemens, MJ, Russell.

you don't get to Tiger/MJ/Lance level by being humble, couldn't disagree more- nice try though :wacko:

Negative. What separates MJ and Tiger is more than athletic ability, what makes them the greatest is their absolute arrogance, cockiness whatever you want to call it and belief that they are the best. Of course they are great athletes, but their mental toughness and will to not lose is the difference.

Most of the best have the eff you chippiness to them IMO- Montana, Nicklaus, Clemens, MJ, Russell.

So you believe in order to be "the best", one needs to be arrogant? I disagree. You can be confident without being arrogant.

So you believe in order to be "the best", one needs to be arrogant? I disagree. You can be confident without being arrogant.

cocky, arrogant, - whatever you want to call it- to get to Tiger/MJ level, all the great ones seem to be arrogant to some degree, yes.