[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone here been to Cancun or familiar with it?

MrTed46

Bingo...

Dude you'll still have a blast. I was twenty... uhh... almost 25 when me and a buddy went. Chit, I'd go now (at nearly 35) and would still have a great time.

Of course, back in '98, we stayed for 10 days and partied every single night except the very last night. At 35, I'd probably mix in a "chill" night if I were to go for that length of time again.

Have a great time! :wacko:

Dude you'll still have a blast. I was twenty... uhh... almost 25 when me and a buddy went. Chit, I'd go now (at nearly 35) and would still have a great time.

Of course, back in '98, we stayed for 10 days and partied every single night except the very last night. At 35, I'd probably mix in a "chill" night if I were to go for that length of time again.

Have a great time! :wacko:

Yeah, everyone's different. People go and have a good time at all ages. I was around 30 when i went and I had fun for a couple nights and then went down to Playa del Carmen. For me personally, two days/nights in cancun was more than enough. Now if i was 25, i probably could've stayed there a week. At 28, i would've been somewhere in the middle probably..

Cancun is shaped like an upside down L. Most of the bars and restaurants start right on the corner of that L and make their way down if that makes sense. Cancun Palace is right in the middle.

Stay out of "old cancun" and stick to that L. It's so heavily commercialized that you won't have any issues finding anything to do.

E2A: I've stayed at Moon Palace and Aventura Palace. Aventura palace which is in Riviera Maya is adults only and awesome but it's mainly couples. I don't really recall seeing any single people.

The wife and I stayed there as well and it was mostly couples. We had an awesome time and I have a ton of pictures from before I became a fatass :wacko: We just looked at the pics 2 nights ago, we went back in 2002 I believe it was.

The wife and I stayed there as well and it was mostly couples. We had an awesome time and I have a ton of pictures from before I became a fatass :wacko: We just looked at the pics 2 nights ago, we went back in 2002 I believe it was.

was at Aventura for a wedding last year as well- was fun for a few days........ and a good way to go for a big group or wedding, but after a while the food all tastes the same, and your sick of the same freakin cocktails and chit.

For me - the best way to go is to break it up some - few days AI, a few in Playa Del Carmen (which is great) - and then a few in Cancun to drink and chase hoors.

a week or 10 days at an AI resort would drive me insane -

Cancun is shaped like an upside down L. Most of the bars and restaurants start right on the corner of that L and make their way down if that makes sense. Cancun Palace is right in the middle.

Stay out of "old cancun" and stick to that L. It's so heavily commercialized that you won't have any issues finding anything to do.

E2A: I've stayed at Moon Palace and Aventura Palace. Aventura palace which is in Riviera Maya is adults only and awesome but it's mainly couples. I don't really recall seeing any single people.

I'm going in July. My wife's company is flying all 150 employees and their families down there for an all inclusive at the Moon Palace. Anything in particular about that place that I should know?

:wacko:

Well this is what happened...I got a quote for Cancun on Tuesday for 1,375 (Cancun Palace) and today I was going to reserve it and the price jumped to 1550. I called them and they would not respect Tuesdays quote so I got pissed off and did not book it.

I did find a good deal to Cabos San Luca which I booked immediately.

Cancun will have to wait :D

I'm going in July. My wife's company is flying all 150 employees and their families down there for an all inclusive at the Moon Palace. Anything in particular about that place that I should know?

Not really, it's a pretty large resort and this one allows kids. Ton of restaurants that are good to above average. The major plus is that it's about 10 mins from the airport. I wasn't too fond of the beach around the Moon Palace but I'm a little picky at times.

Well this is what happened...I got a quote for Cancun on Tuesday for 1,375 (Cancun Palace) and today I was going to reserve it and the price jumped to 1550. I called them and they would not respect Tuesdays quote so I got pissed off and did not book it.

Cabo is awesome too. I actually prefer Cabo over Cancun. Went there about a year ago. Where you staying?

Edited by twiley

Not really, it's a pretty large resort and this one allows kids. Ton of restaurants that are good to above average. The major plus is that it's about 10 mins from the airport. I wasn't too fond of the beach around the Moon Palace but I'm a little picky at times.

Cabo is awesome too. I actually prefer Cabo over Cancun. Went there about a year ago. Where you staying?

been to both and have to say, i'd take the yucatan to cabos any time...... there has to be comparable accomodations in/around cancun/playa/cozumel/puerto morelos/aventura etc for a decent price....

shoot... in may gts and i almost went to cozumel for about $1000 pp

Edited by Bier Meister

http://www.meliacaboreal.com/

Cool, that's in between San Jose del Cabo and Los Cabos. Most of the nightlife is going to be in Los Cabos so be prepared to pay for cabs because there's pretty much nothing but resorts along that strip between the 2 towns.

I stayed here Playa Grande and it was really close to the Cabo Arch so we could either walk or take a $5 cab into Los cabos. I'd say you're looking at a min of $15-20 per trip.

Hit up Lorenzillos when you're there - it's a lobster house located right on the marina.

ETA: I'm not sure about transportation that your hotel provides but look into hiring a driving service from the airport to your hotel if possible. There's no way around the $50-$60 cab fare to get to your hotel so you might as well pay a little more $80-90 for a limo with a stocked bar. I think it took us 45 mins to get from the airport to Cabo but it should be a little quicker for you since you're staying along the corridor.

Edited by twiley

Cool, that's in between San Jose del Cabo and Los Cabos. Most of the nightlife is going to be in Los Cabos so be prepared to pay for cabs because there's pretty much nothing but resorts along that strip between the 2 towns.

I stayed here Playa Grande and it was really close to the Cabo Arch so we could either walk or take a $5 cab into Los cabos. I'd say you're looking at a min of $15-20 per trip.

Hit up Lorenzillos when you're there - it's a lobster house located right on the marina.

ETA: I'm not sure about transportation that your hotel provides but look into hiring a driving service from the airport to your hotel if possible. There's no way around the $50-$60 cab fare to get to your hotel so you might as well pay a little more $80-90 for a limo with a stocked bar. I think it took us 45 mins to get from the airport to Cabo but it should be a little quicker for you since you're staying along the corridor.

Thanks for the pointers...I am going to look into getting a limo now.