[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Way to live on the edge!

detlef

So, this lady comes in today and informs her server that she's "Deathly allergic to MSG". Whenever we hear the "d" word, we obviously take things very seriously and our response is the same.

"As far as we're concerned, we don't use any products that contain MSG. However, labeling standards in Asia aren't the same as here and we use a lot of products from there. If it was simply a matter of an aversion, we'd feel confident just trusting the labels. However, because you said "deathly", that's not a chance we want to take. Thus, we'd be happy to prepare something off the menu that doesn't contain any ingredients that may be so labeled"

So, she thanks us and the cooks put together a sandwich that doesn't contain any asian products. Everything's cool. Next thing, the waiter goes over, and the lady is trying everything off everyone else's plate at the table!

The waiter tells the woman that everyone else's food contains the very ingredients that we specifically avoided.

"Oh, I know, they just all looked so tasty" :wacko:

Edited by detlef

she's allergic to salt?

Well, that is an interesting wrinkle. Have you read Jeffery Steingarten's essay entitled "Why Doesn't Everyone in China Have a Headache?"

He pretty much destroys the entire MSG allergy theory by first proving that all the studies done in the 60s weren't remotely scientific and then showing that, in a more recent study, 80% of those who claimed to have an allergy did not show any adverse reactions to dosages smaller than consuming 2 tablespoons disolved in 8 oz of water. At which point, they "felt flushed". Here's a fun trick. Dissolve 2 tablespoons of salt in 8 oz of water and see if you can even drink it without puking instantly.

When she dies, can I have the body? Ya know, to have sex with.

Sorry dude, she's alive and well. Either we got really lucky and none of the suspect products actually contained any MSG or she's full of chight. Well, there's always the chance that both of those are true.

Sorry dude, she's alive and well. Either we got really lucky and none of the suspect products actually contained any MSG or she's full of chight. Well, there's always the chance that both of those are true.

Is it too late to chase her down the street and beat her in the head?

After I saw that I would have told her that I hope the waiters man yogurt doesnt contain MSG and when she asked what that means I would have said its an Ancient Chinese secret

Edited by whomper