[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tooth Fairy

geeteebee

My 5 year old just lost his first tooth today. I was thinking the tooth fairy may show up with a 5 spot tonight. Is that market for a first tooth? How about for subsequent teeth?

Great question. (Not that I have an answer).

For the first tooth we give the kid a magic dollar. The magic dollar can get the kid a toy (within reason) at Toys R Us.

Edited by whomper

I'd go with the varieties of money you don't see every day....silver dollars, two dollar bills, etc. maybe even some foreign currency, that could make for some fun.

How about stock options?

I'd go with the varieties of money you don't see every day....silver dollars, two dollar bills, etc. maybe even some foreign currency, that could make for some fun.

I like the idea of using obscure currency. I personally would say $1, but my wife says $5 so the kids get $5. I don't agree with it, but you have to pick your battles.

I grew up with the 50 cent piece(or half dollar) and if it was a difficult one, that I had a hard time with, it was the silver dollar coin. I use to hoard those and would not spend them because they were so special to me. I still have most of them. I will be passing the same exact pieces onto my daughter. Who knows, if she winds up doing the same, someday they may become even more valuable, passing form generation to generation.

First tooth = Gold dollar coin (or maybe two dollar bill)

Our sons first one was a two dollar bill, then we switched over to the gold dollar coins for the rest of them.

We do about $2.

For the parents of older kids, how did you handle the last baby tooth to fall out? Did you place a special premium on it like some do for the first tooth?

By the time their last tooth falls out, hopefully they are smart enough to know the tooth fairy is not real, so they don't get anything. :wacko:

I grew up with the 50 cent piece(or half dollar) and if it was a difficult one, that I had a hard time with, it was the silver dollar coin. I use to hoard those and would not spend them because they were so special to me. I still have most of them. I will be passing the same exact pieces onto my daughter. Who knows, if she winds up doing the same, someday they may become even more valuable, passing form generation to generation.

We do at least $5 per tooth, sometimes $10- my kids are saavy, $1 isn't getting them anything in this day and age- if the TF visits at least they can go buy something afterwards.

Yeah, well I think the monies should be something they remember such as the idea from above. All the $2 bills and gold dollar coins go in the safe at the bank and someday that will mean a lot more than a sno cone from the ice cream man. Not to say want you do is wrong, just my opinion.