[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fireworks

Hat Trick

How much do you usually spend? Do you have friends and guests over and make an event out of it and do your own show? or Do you go to a display?

Any good stories?

We usually stay put and do our own display, with friends and guests, have a big cookout and of course lots of liquor flowing. Our homeowners association has a big display that we can see perfectly from our deck. This year we are having everyone chip in and the display will be even bigger.

Just curious what others do.

My neighbors and I have been chipping in $100 each for the last several years to put on an illegal fireworks display. I think we spent $700 this year and it all pops off on the 4th (block party to boot with the street closed to traffic).

Edit: Cops get called every year but my neighbor works for the city and they always leave us alone.

Edited by Puddy

We always pitch in and put on a big fireworks show out at the local lake. Last year 10 of us pitched in $1,800 each, and a buddy of mine who has a class B license from the ATF put on the larges fireworks show the county has ever had. I haven't talked to him in about a month, so I don't know if he is doing anything big or not. If he doesn't then i will probably only spend about $400-$500 on the crap available at the fireworks stands that has a ridiculous mark-up. We will have friends and family out to my parents place on the lake, and take the kids skiing, tubing, and just cruising. We will smoke a bunch of chickens, links, briskets, and ribs. If my Dad has any backstrap left, we will smoke that too, me and my brother have already eaten all of ours.

Fireworks have been banned in the foothills of Boise for some time now so I have a great excuse not to buy any. BUT, my father is an absolute freak when it comes to fireworks and he puts on a very impressive show of very illegal fireworks every year. It's so good the neighborhood he lives in comes out for the show....

They are illegal in PA too. I am too lazy to go to OH and buy them. We can see the local fireworks display from our back yard so we usually just all sit on the deck and watch them.

They are illegal in PA too. I am too lazy to go to OH and buy them. We can see the local fireworks display from our back yard so we usually just all sit on the deck and watch them.

Ohio is where we purchase ours. Of course, we are less than an hour away from Phantom.

Ex's brother lived out in the country and we used to pool our funds and go to Phantom before the end of June when they have all these 'buy one get one free" sales. I still get the catalogs with coupons included but I never buy anymore. I still talk to the ex's brother but he no longer lives there. We used to put on one hell of a show though. But what sucked was picking up the trash the next morning. It was all over the place.

My cuz's BF used to put on a big display (fireworks in IL are illegal). 3-4 years ago a cop stopped and told him very politely to shut it down (I was standing next to him). He told the cop "Sure, after we're done!". The cop got real nasty looking, looked at me and said something like "You better talk to him, or you'll be bailing him out of jail!". What an idiot, but I've told stories of him before. Since then the cops have his number, they come around after the first or second mortar.

As I was driving thru the NW burbs I saw at least one sign stating a $500 fine. It's just not worth it.

And what's weird is that fireworks(except the cheepo ground sparkly kind) are illegal here in Florida as well. But yet we have 2 Phantom Fireworks stores close by and I have purchased them many times. They make you sign a bullsh*t waiver though.

About 5 years ago they made fireworks legal. I spent about 100 to 150 and the brother in law spends some too.

Then my boys go get the mortars (illegal) and we light those off.

I was hesitant to do it at first because of the fines but when the neighbor down the street sat them off I figured it was ok.

He's a police officer so I didn't see how I could get in trouble for setting off the same stuff he was.

We'll ... spend too much money on explosives.

muck, spending "too much money on explosive" really isn't even possible.

Edited by Chavez

My neighbors and I have been chipping in $100 each for the last several years to put on an illegal fireworks display. I think we spent $700 this year and it all pops off on the 4th (block party to boot with the street closed to traffic).

Edit: Cops get called every year but my neighbor works for the city and they always leave us alone.

more scandal in detroit!!!! :wacko:

While certain types of fireworks are still legal in California, we are being encouraged by the Governator to not use fireworks at all due to the risk of wildfires. We will, therefore, go to a friend's house that has a nice view of a fireworks display.