[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mini Cooper's

Footballjoe

I only "test-drove" one (my friend owned one and she let me take it for a spin) - it's a fun little car, and she seemed to like it a bunch.

A professor friend of mine has one. He likes it, but as whomp said, I think I'd want more beef around me. The interior seems rather stark, it has some pep, but at that price, I'd want more, as from what I was told, the dealers rarely sell them basic. They load them up and the avg price is around $24K. You can get a Honda accord for that.

Is that those really small cars? If so I just dont trust it God forbid an accident were to occur.

I think I'd want more beef around me.

I really hate the notion that you need a big car to make yourself safe.

If you look at isolated small car crash vs. isolated big car crash... yes, the big car is safer.

But a big car is more likely to crash... and when you do crash, you're more likely to kill someone.

Here is a study of deaths per million cars sold... not per car crashed. It's far more realistic numbers. You're overall not very much more likely to die in a small car, and you are far less likely to kill someone else.

So, get that big car and feel safe knowing that you are more likely to crash and kill someone. Yay!

Edited by AtomicCEO

If you look at isolated small car crash vs. isolated big car crash... yes, the big car is safer.

But a big car is more likely to crash... and when you do crash, you're more likely to kill someone.

Here is a study of deaths per million cars sold... not per car crashed. It's far more realistic numbers. You're overall not very much more likely to die in a small car, and you are far less likely to kill someone else.

So, get that big car and feel safe knowing that you are more likely to crash and kill someone. Yay!

I just think these cars are smaller than your average small car. If he posted "What do you think of the Camry?" I wouldnt have posted what I posted

What exactly is the point you are making? That I should reduce my own safety to reduce the risk that another person my be injured if we are involved in an accident? I'm not sure I buy into your statement that big cars are more likely to crash .... but even if I do if my goal is my personal safety then it is largely irrelevant to me that you and others have chosen to drive in smaller less safe vehicles.

I know one thing for sure ... I can control my own driving. I can't control the other idiots out on the road, and there are alot of them. And you said it yourself ... you ARE safer in a bigger car.

What exactly is the point you are making? That I should reduce my own safety to reduce the risk that another person my be injured if we are involved in an accident? I'm not sure I buy into your statement that big cars are more likely to crash .... but even if I do if my goal is my personal safety then it is largely irrelevant to me that you and others have chosen to drive in smaller less safe vehicles.

I know one thing for sure ... I can control my own driving. I can't control the other idiots out on the road, and there are alot of them. And you said it yourself ... you ARE safer in a bigger car.

Jesus loves you, Grits.

another darwin award winner

My mom, step dad, and uncle each have one. They're fun cars to drive and have a ton of great safety features. My mom drives hers as her primary car but my step-dad and uncle drive them on the weekends.

Edited by twiley