[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Paypal scam

whomper

I get the below email from Paypal which is completely bogus. I never followed the link because I knew it led to trouble. Be careful if you get this

Firs thing that clued me in was the email address it came from

Service Paypal [service@poypal.com]

And a Misspelling or 2 in the message was the icing on the cake. I know we use paypal on here a lot so I figured i would pass it along

Information Regarding Your account:

Dear PayPal Member:

Attention! Your PayPal account has been limited!

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system.We recently contacted you after noticing an issue on your account.We requested information from you for the following reason:

Our system detected unusual charges to a credit card linked to your PayPal account.

Reference Number: PP-259-187-991

This is the Last reminder to log in to PayPal as soon as possible. Once you log in, you will be provided with steps to restore your account access.

Once you log in, you will be provided with steps to restore your account access. We appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure account safety.

Click here to activate your account

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologise for any inconvenience..

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Department

Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal Ltd. PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056.

PayPal Email ID PP059

Do like I do. If you EVER get an email from ebay, Paypal, etc., close the email immediately and go directly to the site itself. That pretty much ensures you are going to the right location, and if the email was legit, you can pick up any messages on the site itself.

:wacko:

Do like I do. If you EVER get an email from ebay, Paypal, etc., close the email immediately and go directly to the site itself. That pretty much ensures you are going to the right location, and if the email was legit, you can pick up any messages on the site itself.

true dat

Yep. I went to my account but seperately. I made sure not to follow any links from the email.

I have stopped using PayPal because I was almost scammed a couple of years ago. PayPal seems to be a common target of internet felons.

I clicked on it and it said if I give them $3,000.00, they'll give me back $3,000,000. I'm rich, biatch!!! It was only good for the first 10 that responded. You all are probably too late. Suckers.

I get the below email from Paypal which is completely bogus. I never followed the link because I knew it led to trouble. Be careful if you get this

:wacko: uhh, yeah...hey, you may also want to watch out for emails from nigerians claiming to have lots of money for you. I heard sometimes those are scams too.

:wacko: uhh, yeah...hey, you may also want to watch out for emails from nigerians claiming to have lots of money for you. I heard sometimes those are scams too.

Not everyone is as smart and handsome as you