[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Want Our MVP Challenge

Cowboyz1

SAVE OUR MVP CHALLENGE CONTEST

I'll get this started. All those who want the MVP challenge to stay the way it was and NOT change to the new format. Say AYE.

You can make a porch for the puppies if you want to, but I want to play with the DOGS! :wacko:

Look, the whole fun of the game is to be challenged, slow walk the competition and think ahead, that's what makes the game interesting. Not ease of entry. Hell I was in the top 200 once, and only once. I was on a cruise in Mexico paying rediculous internet charges just to study and submit my lineup. That's right, the game was so good that me and the wife sat in the internet lounge on a cruise ship seriously pondering to start LT now or wait a week and plug in Jones. So we f..ed up and the Jones thing didn't work out, but we tried damn it and were deticated. The following week we were stuck in Manzania and had to hunt down an internet cafe just before cut off. Yeah we kicked the cane from the hand of an old lady trying to beat us to the only open computer, but damn it, we made the cutoff.

I believe I missed a week last year and was unreconcilably pissed to the highest pisstivity. That's what this game is all about. The stuggle, the fight, the hours pondering two players who have no earthly business in your starting lineup, but on a hunch, comes up BIG to by you another stud rest week. Not to mention the laughs we Vets get from rookies blowing their wad in the first few weeks only to find out that they are left with the likes of Chris Redmon in the final weeks trying to make the cut. Seriously, you want to take that away from us. Oh.....Ohhh, I could go on and on, but I can see your getting misty.

I know you have to keep the site pumping but this new format seems easy. I start Romo, AP, Lt, TO,Moss, Wayne, Witten, Graham, Dallas every week and most likely I will win a week and be up there in points. Playing super stars every week is not sexy, it's.....it's...animalllllllll.

So I ask you this one question DMD. Would you rather have 10,000 knuckleheads beating your boards or a few hundred good men (and woman) earnestly deticated to beating down his brethren in what just may be, the greatest NFL perennial player pickem contest ever conceived?

As member number 415, I'm disappointed in you DMD, I really am..............

I know............ I know, DMD............here's some tissue. Your wallet was in the right place , I understand, now let's get that eye of the tiger back! :D

Edited by Cowboyz1

Big John,

Could you change the title of this post to from "I want my MVP" to "I Want Our MVP Challenge".

My, sounds much to possesive. :wacko:

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Big John,

Could you change the title of this post to from "I want my MVP" to "I Want Our MVP Challenge".

My, sounds much to possesive. :wacko:

Thanks in advance.

....or a takeoff of a Dire Straits song?

edited

Aye. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

That was the problem. It was "breaking". It declined in popularity each year and not by just a little. By the time the contest got past mid-season, less than 5% of members were playing it last year and that would have worsened for 2008.

This is why we got out of the big contest game and replaced it with something that hopefully attracts a much bigger share of our members albeit in a more casual game. Every decision we make is very thought out and made in the best interest of The Huddle. I regret every decision does not meet the approval of every person but you can trust that we are doing what we think is best for all concerns. As a business in a bad economy trying to stay afloat, we have to prefer something that attracted 10,000 versus 1000 in regard to the other previous post.

Puddy is already trying to get something going for those of you who still want to play that style. Kudos to him for doing something about it and sorry we could not this year.