[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tomlinson

Liverlips

While I do have LT on my keeper league roster as the #1 ranked RB, I still worry how much his stats will diminish from last season. He has reach the mystical age of 29 and the ACL injury last season. How far do you expect a change in his performance. His injury should be a non-issue? Just slightly worried.

Edited by Liverlips

This has been discussed in the other forum. Consensus is that he has 2 more years left if he is healthy. LT has said himself he wants to retire on his own terms and not due to injury. I see a scenario playing out that he has a monster season, SD misses the SuperBowl again, and LT retires. Now this may happen this year, next year, who knows.

This has been discussed in the other forum. Consensus is that he has 2 more years left if he is healthy. LT has said himself he wants to retire on his own terms and not due to injury. I see a scenario playing out that he has a monster season, SD misses the SuperBowl again, and LT retires. Now this may happen this year, next year, who knows.

+1

Without Turner hawking 4-8 touches, and Sproules not having the confidence of the coaches that Turner had, I see LT as a monster this year again, similar to 2005-2006.

One of the few 24-28 touch RBs...and his health not being an issue.

Oh.... about 2000 yards total rushing/rec, 20-25 TDs and another rushing title.

No drop off, he is in the best shape of his life coming into camp. 2-3 more years of top three production.

Read this :wacko:

Those who might be waiting for him to slow down weren't helped by the fact Tomlinson's last game left him feeling beaten up physically and emotionally. He said being questioned about not playing through a severe knee injury in the AFC Championship Game helped him focus and made him hungrier.

The questions from fans and media hurt, but he almost sounds thankful.

“It has made me a little more driven, just for the sole fact I did get to a point where I was feeling it was becoming kind of easy for me,” he said. “My career, I was piling up yards. It was great to have a redefined focus just because of the questions that came about.”

age can be a misleading number....in both directions...

I look at how many carries he's had, not touches because he's usually facing smaller players...

the more hits that a RB takes from the big guys up front, the more I get worried in this steroid era...

I still have LT as the #1 RB, but I would be open to all sorts of trades if I landed him..

Wondering if LT is due for a down year is the biggest my little buddy prediction you can make in FF. Nobody's going to hunt you down and heckle you if he just continues as usual because "you were only wondering" if it might happen. Of course, if dude falls off, you can quote yourself with silly graemlins and hail yourself as a genius.

Obviously LT could fall off. At some point, everyone does. I have the 1st pick in my draft and I know that I absolutely have to use it on him, but don't think the thought that I might be the guy who went to the well with LT the one time too many hasn't crossed my mind. Still, you can't let that kind of thinking dictate your actions in this game. He's the only guy out there who "should" get around 20 TDs and over 1500 yds. Everyone else "could" get those numbers.

With that in mind, he's the only player who gives you the luxury of addressing other positions at 2/3 because pairing up his "should" numbers with even a slouch RB2 adds up to the same total from the position as the guy who doubles up 1/2 with the likes of Portis and MJD (or what have you) if they do what they "should". Meanwhile, you've also got either 2 stud WRs or a stud WR and a top tier QB. That's a nice luxury.

No drop off, he is in the best shape of his life coming into camp. 2-3 more years of top three production.

That's it you bastages, keep heaping on the jinx factor :wacko:

While I do have LT on my keeper league roster as the #1 ranked RB, I still worry how much his stats will diminish from last season. He has reach the mystical age of 29 and the ACL injury last season. How far do you expect a change in his performance. His injury should be a non-issue? Just slightly worried.

LT never hurt his ACL. It was an MCL sprain which is far less serious, and also the reason he caught all the flack about taking himself out of the game. That said, he has to decline at some point. It's just a matter of if you want to be the guy who tries to predict when it will be, or the guy that rides him until it happens...

Read this :wacko:

I remember when SA came into camp in the best shape of his life last year. I'm not going to make a case that LT shouldn't be drafted #1 overall, but the age/work horse concern is legitimate.

With that in mind, he's the only player who gives you the luxury of addressing other positions at 2/3 because pairing up his "should" numbers with even a slouch RB2 adds up to the same total from the position as the guy who doubles up 1/2 with the likes of Portis and MJD (or what have you) if they do what they "should". Meanwhile, you've also got either 2 stud WRs or a stud WR and a top tier QB. That's a nice luxury.

While LT may be the safest player to use that assumption, I disagree he is the only one. If I get Westbrook, AP, Sjax, or Adda....maybe even Gore; I'm moving forward with the same thought process.

I remember when SA came into camp in the best shape of his life last year. I'm not going to make a case that LT shouldn't be drafted #1 overall, but the age/work horse concern is legitimate.

While LT may be the safest player to use that assumption, I disagree he is the only one. If I get Westbrook, AP, Sjax, or Adda....maybe even Gore; I'm moving forward with the same thought process.

I didn't say he's the only one who "could" put up the numbers. I said he's the only one who "should". All those guys you mention have shown the potential of putting together that kind of season. LT's the only one who's been make a habit of doing so.

The decline begins this year. . .

This may be true especially since he doesn't have a known quantity like Michael Turner backing him up. Don't get me wrong. I love Sproles, and Hester is looking good in camp, but there is still the fact that LT's backup is more questionable than in recent years. That may mean LT stays in games longer and begins to wear down as the season progresses.

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear I'm right.

Yeah anyone thinking LT carrying more this instead of less needs their head examined. He needs the occasional breather, and moreso as he gets older.

He's had a ton of carries in his career and make no mistake that day is coming....

• 4 months later...

Turf toe, an O line that isn't as good as it used to be and more mileage... what I find interesting is that his recieving numbers are still respectable. It's also predictable to downgrade the best RB from one season to the next. They can rarely repeat the performance of the previous year due to... injury (yes) an O line that isn't as good (yes) and approaching the age of 30+. SA could not do it again, no real surprise LT could not do it again either.

Taking bets on Thomas Jones getting 1), injured, 2) losing Favre and 3) getting older means he goes early in drafts next year but will be a dissappointment. I don't think LT is done, but definitely in decline, as is the SD team. Very similar to what happened in Seattle. I can see Portis as the next stud RB to peak and decline too.