[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eating poopy

godtomsatan

Do not ride your bicycle down poorly paved streets in densely populated urban areas while holding a water bottle in one hand, and using the other hand to steer the side with the front wheel brake.

When a car comes bolting out in front of you and you have to swerve, and choose to hit the brake while in the midst of a pothole, apparently you, as the rider, end up going ass-over-handlebar and land chin first into pavement. A couple of big scrapes on the knees and a broken hand later, I am still awesome.

Do not ride your bicycle down poorly paved streets in densely populated urban areas while holding a water bottle in one hand, and using the other hand to steer the side with the front wheel brake.

When a car comes bolting out in front of you and you have to swerve, and choose to hit the brake while in the midst of a pothole, apparently you, as the rider, end up going ass-over-handlebar and land chin first into pavement. A couple of big scrapes on the knees and a broken hand later, I am still awesome.

Well, at least you have a good reason for typing with one hand.

You should feel blessed. My father some years back was riding a road bike, and went over some railroad tracks and the same thing happened. He went head first over the bars, shattering his right wrist and breaking his left hand in 3 places. When he went over, he hit his nuts on the handle bars so hard that he couldn't even yell for help for a few minutes. After about 15 minutes of laying helpless on the ground, someone finally saw him and helped him. He told me that 15 minutes seemed like 6 hours. He had to get two casts that elevated BOTH of his arms. This of course meant that he had to have someone do EVERY SINGLE THING you could think of doing with your hands, for 8 weeks. He didn't have a GF at the time, so he had to call on one of his one of his ex's to take care of him...imagine having someone you don't want to date anymore bathing you, wiping you, and feeding you. He has 4 screws holding his wrist together to this day.

I hope your hand heals well, and I wish you the best.

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

This of course meant that he had to have someone do EVERY SINGLE THING you could think of doing with your hands, for 8 weeks. He didn't have a GF at the time, so he had to call on one of his one of his ex's to take care of him...imagine having someone you don't want to date anymore bathing you, wiping you, and feeding you. He has 4 screws holding his wrist together to this day.

...can you imagine being the ex that got that phone call?

Dude: Hi. How are you?

Ex: Ummm.... Fine. This is a bit bizarre ... it's been what, six months since we last spoke? How are you?

Dude: Well, I was just in a big motorcycle accident and I broke both of my arms. I was curious if you could be my nurse while I get better. I'd pay you about $15 / hr, but you'd have to wipe my butt and give me sponge baths.

Ex: You're a sicko. No way am I doing that!

Dude: You used to do both of those things for far less than $15 / hr. I thought you'd jump at getting a raise...

eh. I totally woulda landed it.

That'll teach you to try and combat global warming.