[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 Olympics

Riffraff

I agree with all the above in it being a great show. 3 hours has never flown by so fast in my eyes before. The number 8 is thought to be a lucky number in China. And the Olympics started on 8-8-8. They could have cut down some of the tourch run, but the rest was awesome.

It's amazing the kind of sh|t you can accomplish when you can command 1.3 billion people under penalty of death to do whatever you want.

How come they can't invent a food that you're not hungry 30 minutes later then?

Amazing opening ceromonies. Them Asians sure are a model of efficiency. No wonder they are so good at making a billion identical (if uninspired, like their cars) consumer goods for 30 cents that WalMart can sell for $10.00.

How come they can't invent a food that you're not hungry 30 minutes later then?

Amazing opening ceromonies. Them Asians sure are a model of efficiency. No wonder they are so good at making a billion identical (if uninspired, like their cars) consumer goods for 30 cents that WalMart can sell for $9.97

Fixed.

But I made it through 20 minutes before catching a case of the ghey.

No worries. We won't judge.

Now that the pre-season has started, you can wash off that dirty feeling by watching 200 to 350 pound men in tights playing grab-ass over the next 6 months.

Throw in a couple boxing or MMA bouts to see big burly men fighting over a purse and a belt.

You'll be on the road to recovery. :wacko:

Now that the pre-season has started, you can wash off that dirty feeling by watching 200 to 350 pound men in tights playing grab-ass over the next 6 months.

Throw in a couple boxing or MMA bouts to see big burly men fighting over a purse and a belt.

You'll be on the road to recovery. :D

:wacko:

You'll be on the road to recovery. :wacko:

I just had a beer and I'm about to leave for my fantasy draft. I'm almost 100% back to being half a man.

It's amazing the kind of sh|t you can accomplish when you can command 1.3 billion people under penalty of death to do whatever you want.

I heard a report on NPR about how you can rent thousands of Chinese to do chants for your country's athletes in your native language.

"Go Mi-koo Fepps!"

I missed this and wanted to see it, anyone know if it's going to be replayed or is on the net anywhere?

I would assume YouTube or perhaps NBC.com would have it, but it's definitely something you want to watch on something larger than your standard monitor.

enough with the pomp & circumstance..... on with the games. :D

:D

Misty May & Keri Walsh win their opening pool play match with ease & look good do'in it. F'n beach volleyball is awesome to watch when the women look like that. And speaking of awesome to watch..... Phelps was a monster in the 400 IM :wacko: ... supposedly his weakest event.

As for the opening ceremonies, the thing that impressed me the most was the 2000+ Tai Chi masters... incredible. :D

Edited by Down Goes Frazia