[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

White Americans no longer a majority by 2042

KSUChiefsTarheelFan

By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER, Associated Press Writer

Thu Aug 14, 5:03 AM ET

WASHINGTON - White people will no longer make up a majority of Americans by 2042, according to new government projections. That's eight years sooner than previous estimates, made in 2004.

The nation has been growing more diverse for decades, but the process has sped up through immigration and higher birth rates among minority residents, especially Hispanics.

It is also growing older.

"The white population is older and very much centered around the aging baby boomers who are well past their high fertility years," said William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank. "The future of America is epitomized by the young people today. They are basically the melting pot we are going to see in the future."

The Census Bureau Thursday released population projections through 2050, based on rates for births, deaths and immigration. They are subject to big revisions, depending on immigration policy, cultural changes and natural or manmade disasters.

The U.S. has nearly 305 million people today. The population is projected to hit 400 million in 2039 and 439 million in 2050.

That's like adding all the people from France and Britain, said Steve A. Camarota, director of research at the Center for Immigration Studies, a Washington group that advocates tighter immigration policies.

White non-Hispanics make up about two-thirds of the population, but only 55 percent of those younger than 5.

By 2050, whites will make up 46 percent of the population and blacks will make up 15 percent, a relatively small increase from today. Hispanics, who make up about 15 percent of the population today, will account for 30 percent in 2050, according to the new projections.

Asians, which make up about 5 percent of the population, are projected to increase to 9 percent by 2050.

The population 85 and older is projected to more than triple by 2050, to 19 million.

___

I could be due to a bunch of white guys sitting around, on the computer all day, playing Conquer Club (Risk) with certain members of The Huddle (*cough cough* detlef), rather than making babies with their womens...

I don't know what you are talking about. :wacko:

But really, I am quite busy with the ladies, unfortunately, just not buckled down to one yet! :D

No big deal, I think we're already a minority in the city of Atlanta and a couple of the surrounding counties.

I hope you all can pick up on Spanish pretty easily.

No big deal, I think we're already a minority in the city of Atlanta and a couple of the surrounding counties.

I hope you all can pick up on Spanish pretty easily.

I thought it was bad in Gwinnett, then I moved up to Gainesville.

Although the only real problem I have is that they (caution - stereotype ahead) drive so fricken slow. Some of their wimmens is hot!

I thought it was bad in Gwinnett, then I moved up to Gainesville.

Although the only real problem I have is that they (caution - stereotype ahead) drive so fricken slow. Some of their wimmens is hot!

I do everything in my power to stay off of I-85. Between the traveling taco restaurants and the Korean wimmin doing 35 in the fast lane with their left blinker on I just get extremely enraged.

You are right about some o the wimmin though.

America will be fully Communist by then, and I will be retired, so I guess I'm alright with that.

Don't forget bout the fact we are gonna have a black president by then. :wacko:

The Daily Show was pretty good tonight! Can't wait to see the roast on Bob Saget! Too busy trying to catch the 200m.