[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not Looking Forward To Work Thursday

jaxfactor

I am going to drown most likely. I was off today and was hoping today was the miserable day weather-wise. Fay is skirting the coast and is going to come back into Florida somewhere between Daytona and Jacksonville. And we get the northeast edge of the storm as it moves back inland. Boy howdy!! Life as a mailman is really gonna suck tomorrow. And I have a slow draft starting at 7:00AM. So if I am a bit slow, I want to apologize to all my Weapons brethren. Hopefully the texting works ok. I am expecting a probable power loss also so won't be able to check online when I get home if that's the case. Looks like I'll have to break out the full rain gear for the first time in awhile. Wish me luck. Quack quack.

Wasn't so bad, and I still have power at the house, for now. It's flickering though as it's getting worse outside. There were alot of businesses closed today, so it was like a Saturday foer me. I was done early. Supposed to be the the worst around 8:00PM tonight. I feel bad for Canes2004 as Daytona got swamped with rain.

Typical goverment worker, complaining about nothing before it even happened and then it didn't; complaining just to complain, that shoul be the new motto for postal employees. And, no, you can't have my real name or address.

So we've got some Xicans living in the first house when you turn into the subdivision. The mailwimmen caught me a few weeks ago on the tractor cutting my grass and asked how many people lived in that house and why they all had different last names. Isn't that Federal confidential information? I told her, "I didn't know, ma'am" and gently, quietly took my mail praying she didn't see the need to end my life right then and there.

Then she told me I missed a spot and I drove that muthaf'n tractor as fast as I could back to the house screaming.

Typical goverment worker, complaining about nothing before it even happened and then it didn't; complaining just to complain, that shoul be the new motto for postal employees. And, no, you can't have my real name or address.

Well today sure as hell sucked. The worst weather I've ever worked in. That tin can of a mailtruck was swaying so bad, I thought for sure I'd tip over. Tree branches, debris, downed power lines everywhere. And the flooding was something else. Why we were sent out in that sh*t is beyond me. Probably had to do with the reputation. "nor rain, snow..." f'k that sh*t! I think the reputation is now that our bosses 1) don't give a sh*t about the safety of their workers 2) that our bosses are stupid ass clowns. I had a bunch of people ask me why they sent us out in that kind of weather.

Well, I made it through and hopefully Fay gets the hell out of here soon.

Well today sure as hell sucked. The worst weather I've ever worked in. That tin can of a mailtruck was swaying so bad, I thought for sure I'd tip over. Tree branches, debris, downed power lines everywhere. And the flooding was something else. Why we were sent out in that sh*t is beyond me. Probably had to do with the reputation. "nor rain, snow..." f'k that sh*t! I think the reputation is now that our bosses 1) don't give a sh*t about the safety of their workers 2) that our bosses are stupid ass clowns. I had a bunch of people ask me why they sent us out in that kind of weather.

Well, I made it through and hopefully Fay gets the hell out of here soon.

It sure has been rough over there for you. Looks like that bitch is heading our way now. Forecast has it going just north of us which would be fine. Problem is they keep adjusting the path further south every day. :wacko: