[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The future of animation

Avernus

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/ne...icle4557935.ece

this video is crazy looking....she looks so real, I'm guessing a few people here might be fond of that...

Where the real money will be.

Glad they seemed to have solved the "dead eyes" problem. Though shade mapping the teeth is still a bit too bright. She has chompers like Jerry in that Seinfeld episode.

New technology! How long before Lucas remakes Star Wars... again?

Pretty cool stuff... but here's my question. Do the basically have to have a real human to do everythign first, and then they map the animation over that? Or can they do this from scratch without having to use a human actor/model to begin with?

New technology! How long before Lucas remakes Star Wars... again?

Pretty cool stuff... but here's my question. Do the basically have to have a real human to do everythign first, and then they map the animation over that? Or can they do this from scratch without having to use a human actor/model to begin with?

She explains in the video it was a live actor thier software mapped. Would be interesting to know how much modeling cleanup it involved.

However, if this follows what the waldo suits do, then a single actor could play all characters, with different models build for each ala Tom Hanks in "The Polar Express".

She explains in the video it was a live actor thier software mapped. Would be interesting to know how much modeling cleanup it involved.

However, if this follows what the waldo suits do, then a single actor could play all characters, with different models build for each ala Tom Hanks in "The Polar Express".

Yeah, I'm not so sure I would rank this as high as I did the first time. If a computer program could create Emily from scratch, meaning without the need to map a human face for expressions, I would be more impressed. Still, it is very impressive and I made my wife watch it five times [without seeing the intro where they explain she isn't real] and asked her what she noticed about the girl. She just kept asking why they were doing all the computer stuff with her face at the end. Once i told her she wasn't real, she was very freaked out and amazed. Then i stuck it in her pooper.

Yeah, I'm not so sure I would rank this as high as I did the first time. If a computer program could create Emily from scratch, meaning without the need to map a human face for expressions, I would be more impressed. Still, it is very impressive and I made my wife watch it five times [without seeing the intro where they explain she isn't real] and asked her what she noticed about the girl. She just kept asking why they were doing all the computer stuff with her face at the end. Once i told her she wasn't real, she was very freaked out and amazed. Then i stuck it in her pooper.

Perfect timing... she was already freaked out and amazed. I'm going to try that strategy. I love the Huddle! :wacko: