[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are you better off then 8 years ago?

SuperCharger

My income doubled in the past 8 years, but the future seemed brighter then than it does now. I'm waiting for Obama to take care of me for the upcoming 8 years. Really looking forward to the Government giving me everything I need now. That'll help alot.

Who buys products? People, or business?

If you give money to poor people, businesses are going to thrive... because they don't know how to save, and they love gold teeth and rims. I'm just saying. This whole "give tax breaks to businesses" think seems to be hurting business in the long run.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not talking about tax breaks...it's all about cold hard cash, HomeyCEO. Obama is running commercials here saying he's gonna give everyone $1,000 (that's a G for black people like Atomic) just for voting him President (that's Da Man for black people like Atomic).

I'm not talking about tax breaks...it's all about cold hard cash, HomeyCEO. Obama is running commercials here saying he's gonna give everyone $1,000 (that's a G for black people like Atomic) just for voting him President (that's Da Man for black people like Atomic).

Bush already gave the people 1200.00 plus $$$$$ for little buckaroos

ungrateful sheep I say.

Worst time ever- Jimmy Carter years

Iran hostage was down right embarrassing.

gas was not only high. You could not get it.

inflation and unemployment at all time high.

interest rates were close to 20%

People don't know how great this economy is right now.

Todays winers are spoiled little babies.

Obama Carter is promising you a handout.

What you will get is misery.

Long live King Bush

I am doing great and thank you Mr.Bush for the 8 years of service.

Edited by moneymakers

Financially I was better off 8 years ago but 8 years ago I was very comfortable. Now I am maintaining/ leaning towards comfortable. Part of the decline in income for me was due to Govt decisions (mainly the lifting of apparel and textile quotas on goods from asia) I beleive the quotas were put in during the Clinton admin and Bush had a chance to extend them and didnt. They all suck :votecliaz:

Obama is running commercials here saying he's gonna give everyone $1,000 (that's a G for black people like Atomic) just for voting him President (that's Da Man for black people like Atomic).

I wonder why the hell he would think something as stupid as that would work?

I thought all small business owners cared about was taxes?

Muck and H8 can tell you that the economy doesn't matter as much as the incredible evils of taxing small businesses at all. This evironment right now is the best ever for a small business.

Oh taxes kicked my ass for sure.

My family and I are much better off - more creature comforts and less debt. Very little of that has to do with current politics one way or the other. The impending mess we're in this thanks to decades of idiot politicians and a wreckless federal reserve.

well, mostly grownups hang out here, thankfully.

would you dispute that people are a lot more likely to blame the government for their struggles than credit the government for their successes? like the other guy that responded said, it's just human nature.

edit: and since you bring it up, not one of those guys said "it's rough, but the government has had nothing to do with it". but almost every single person who answered that they are better off went out of their way to point out that the government had nothing to do with it.

I would assert something different. I think people who are successful think they do so without help at all....they forget about all the things government has done to ensure a level playing field....being public education....electric in the south....good quality water....you name it...there has been lots of help...mass transit systems....I could go on and on.

I think the left handed dismissal of the "self made man" of the government is just as ludicrous as the blame laid by those who are less fortunate...at some point in time it becomes a matter of who will take advantage of opportunities most....and a little luck.

I...at some point in time it becomes a matter of who will take advantage of opportunities most....and a little luck.

:wacko: add this to my above post!

If taxes kicked your ass...then fault your CPA....small business owners pay very little in taxes because of how they flow if you incorporate correctly...but alas...

:wacko: The only way small business owners get out of paying taxes is if they fail to make a profit. Unless you're contrasting a mom and pop running their business through C-corp (which would be insane) versus any other type of entity.