[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The best NFL sports fans according to ESPN...

TDFFFreak

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/co...tory?id=3530077

Some notables...

Steelers #1 I can't argue with that or...

Green Bay #2

Philadelphia #4 Damn right. :wacko:

Cowboys #12 . Not even in the top 10. Several fair weather, annoying, living-in-the-past fans.

Arizona dead last at #32. Yeah, that's about right.

Thoughts?

Edited by TDFFFreak

HOW WE RANKED YOU

Yes, there was a method to our madness in ranking NFL teams' fan bases. Five Bristol muckety-mucks sat in a room and hatched the genius idea of having our NFL division bloggers rate fan bases in their divisions over the past five seasons. Mike Sando (NFC West), Matt Mosley (NFC East), Pat Yasinskas (NFC South), Kevin Seifert (NFC North), Bill Williamson (AFC West), Tim Graham (AFC East), Paul Kuharsky (AFC South) and James Walker (AFC North) evaluated their teams in these categories:

• Stadium factor (St.): Loud? Great atmosphere?

• Live and die factor (LDF): Fans take loss hard? (That's a good thing.)

• Traveling road show factor (Travel): Big presence in other guys' stadium?

• Loyalty when team sucks (Loyal): You score points with us if you stick with a loser.

• Hate factor (Hate): Other teams' fans dislike your fans? (Hate is good in our book.)

• Tailgate factor (TG): Home tailgates sizzling or stale?

• Home fans' creativity (CF): Wacky ideas … or not?

A rating of 1 is great, 5 the worst.

After the bloggers' ratings were digested by our Bristol computer, we had several ties. Enter The Professor, John Clayton of ESPN.com. Clayton -- who has covered more NFL games over the past 10 years than almost anyone -- broke all ties.

Think our ranking stinks? Debate it here.

I went to Pittsburgh a few years back for a game.

Its certainly a football town.

Some observations.

Many store fronts were yellow and black

At a decent restaurant I saw at least 4 Steeler spamshirts

My hotel had an ice sculpture of jerome bettis in the lobby

We had to go to three bars to find game seven of the world series and it seemed like most people there didnt even know what baseball was (im not kidding)

I would rate Green Bay, Pittsburgh and Denver at the top.

being a homer, I've got the orange colored glasses on but have these guys talk to me when they're team has left for 5 years and then sellout every game since their return.

Let's see, the Lions sell out every week and have won exactly one playoff game in 50 years. Yet he gives the Lions fans the lowest score for loyalty :wacko:

Yep, that's crap.

If only we had a jail in our stadium, that would surely bump us up the list.

I went to Pittsburgh a few years back for a game.

Its certainly a football town.

Some observations.

Many store fronts were yellow and black

That was the first thing I noticed when I stepped foot in Pittsburgh for the first time. Burger Kings even have a black/gold theme with chain link fences and steel beams exposed.

We had to go to three bars to find game seven of the world series and it seemed like most people there didnt even know what baseball was (im not kidding)

lol

That was the first thing I noticed when I stepped foot in Pittsburgh for the first time. Burger Kings even have a black/gold theme with chain link fences and steel beams exposed.

lol

Also helps that Pittsburgh is the only city with multiple major professional sports (NFL, NHL, MLB) franchises that all use the same color scheme.

Also helps that Pittsburgh is the only city with multiple major professional sports (NFL, NHL, MLB) franchises that all use the same color scheme.

And the Steeler fans will tell you that they are all a tribute to the Steelers, no matter if one of the other franchises came into existence first. :wacko:

Edited by TDFFFreak

Don't blame Bills fans for the team's financial angst. The front office hasn't fielded a playoff team since 1999, but fans have purchased the third-highest number of season tickets in franchise history and the most since Buffalo's fourth straight Super Bowl season. In the Ralph Wilson Stadium parking lot, you'll find some of the best tailgating anywhere. A convoy of RVs pulls in days before the game and the masses party all weekend. Some locals will show up just for the pregame festivities even if they're not going to the game.

Then how do we fall to 11? :wacko:

Don't blame Bills fans for the team's financial angst. The front office hasn't fielded a playoff team since 1999, but fans have purchased the third-highest number of season tickets in franchise history and the most since Buffalo's fourth straight Super Bowl season. In the Ralph Wilson Stadium parking lot, you'll find some of the best tailgating anywhere. A convoy of RVs pulls in days before the game and the masses party all weekend. Some locals will show up just for the pregame festivities even if they're not going to the game.

Then how do we fall to 11? :wacko:

Cause we aint good enough to hate

Let's see, the Lions sell out every week and have won exactly one playoff game in 50 years. Yet he gives the Lions fans the lowest score for loyalty :wacko:

I know the team sucks but Lions fans are awsome. All the poopy they get served year in and year out and they still sell out. That list is BS.