[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We can't talk politics

TimC

But the "register to vote for Barack Obama" ad at the top of the page is okay?

Paid for by the Demoractic National Commieee and Obama for America and Authorized by Obama for America.

Can we please remove these ads before it burns my eyes with it's political slant? Thank you.

But the "register to vote for Barack Obama" ad at the top of the page is okay?

Paid for by the Demoractic National Commieee and Obama for America and Authorized by Obama for America.

Can we please remove these ads before it burns my eyes with it's political slant? Thank you.

There was an ad for Washington State Gubernatorial Candidate Dino Rossi a few weeks back (at least for me).

There was an ad for Washington State Gubernatorial Candidate Dino Rossi a few weeks back (at least for me).

I am seeing doubleclick.net being an ad server and they do targeted ads, per area your IP is in and sometimes sites you have visited.

"To vote in Virginia you need to be registered by October 6th." And Obama is waving at me with a big slick grin on his face. When you hover over it with your mouse, he is taking money out of my wallet.

I'm skeered.

The idea that a forum with thousands of members restricts its members from talking about politics in a non football location is asinine and the MAIN reason i have stayed at the Free For All for a couple years

You're saying that FBG is more tolerant than the huddle?

I disagree.

You're saying that FBG is more tolerant than the huddle?

I disagree.

Dont want a forum war but its not nearly much of a dictatorship over there as over here.

Come on why cant we discuss politics here?

makes zero sense and really puts no faith in the members of a forum community that they wont get along and all if there are debates going on

Dont want a forum war but its not nearly much of a dictatorship over there as over here.

Come on why cant we discuss politics here?

makes zero sense and really puts no faith in the members of a forum community that they wont get along and all if there are debates going on

Sigh...

Just about any political topic degenerates into a name calling contest at some point. The people just can't help themselves. It is as inevitable as the sun rising.

Because of this, one half of the Huddle ownership wants to shut down this forum untirely. It takes a lot of effort on management's part to police all the name calling. That is not the type of atmosphere they want around here at all. Fortunately for us, the other half of management really likes this forum and as an appeasement to the other half, has offered to keep things alive on the condition that there be no political or religious topics. So far, that tactic has worked to keep this place alive and functioning.

Much like POWs, it is our job to circumvent the policies of those in charge. We attempt subtle ways of sneaking political discussions into otherwise mundane topics, but eventually, they get locked or gunned as our escape attempt is uncovered.

Then, as surely as the sun rises, someone who hasn't been around a lot, comes and complains that there aren't any political threads and that any that are started are being locked or deleted.

Take it for what it is. The owners of the Huddle have repeatedly mentioned that if it's a political discussion you want, there are plenty of other sites available for that sort of thing. Otherwise, rejoice in the community that is the Huddle.

Edited by Kid Cid

:wacko:

puts no faith in the members of a forum community that they wont get along and all if there are debates going on

Are you sure you've posted here before? Nobody "discusses" or "debates" politics. They attack each other with useless crap until every thread is a pointless name-calling exercise. This isn't about faith, it's proven experience.

The truth is, political discussions here are no longer necessary. It was discovered and verified by numerous sources that AtomicCEO is always (and has always been) 100% correct about everything that he posts. So trust me biggamer3, when you get teabagged by the truth, you no longer need a debate. Ever.

Sigh...

Just about any political topic degenerates into a name calling contest at some point. The people just can't help themselves. It is as inevitable as the sun rising.

Because of this, one half of the Huddle ownership wants to shut down this forum untirely. It takes a lot of effort on management's part to police all the name calling. That is not the type of atmosphere they want around here at all. Fortunately for us, the other half of management really likes this forum and as an appeasement to the other half, has offered to keep things alive on the condition that there be no political or religious topics. So far, that tactic has worked to keep this place alive and functioning.

Much like POWs, it is our job to circumvent the policies of those in charge. We attempt subtle ways of sneaking political discussions into otherwise mundane topics, but eventually, they get locked or gunned as our escape attempt is uncovered.

Then, as surely as the sun rises, someone who hasn't been around a lot, comes and complains that there aren't any political threads and that any that are started are being locked or deleted.

Take it for what it is. The owners of the Huddle have repeatedly mentioned that if it's a political discussion you want, there are plenty of other sites available for that sort of thing. Otherwise, rejoice in the community that is the Huddle.

I was here a few years ago and this place was awesome, now its barely breathing and not even close to what the community here used to be like.

Why in gods name would they shut down this forum?

how much does it cost to upkeep the forum aspect?

more than a grand?