[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

new top chef

MojoMan

I think she's kinda sexy in a plump MILF way. She has beautiful blue eyes.

BTW, I'm 43 and I have low standards.

Oh, she's pretty . . . she needs some help in the hair/makeup department, but she's naturally attractive. Sexy kinda goes out the window for me when the jaw goes slack and she starts going all "Is this too sweet? I don't know. I think it might be, but . . . I don't want to remake it? I guess. I don't know."

Peace

policy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised how many of the h0m0s have been knocked off.

I thought Bravo loved them.

Maybe it's getting old or maybe it's too early in the season to have developed the characters but I'm finding Series 5 to be less riveting than past seasons.

no controversy yet. all the people getting voted off totally deserve it. that will change.

brief thoughts:

- can't stand ariane. even though she is recovering via her turkey and tomato salad i think she'll be gone soon.

- can't stand jarjar binx

- not impressed with melissa either.

- fabio, stefan, gene, jamie look pretty good.

- jeff has some creativity, but makes it seem like he hasn't been in a kitchen for a while. his time management has been crap, and in some instances seemed very frazzled. i believe he is an exec at a ritz... so, naturally he was good at organizing his team and delegating.

- danny is a nice guy with some good idea... not a top chef though.

-

no controversy yet. all the people getting voted off totally deserve it. that will change.

The 'villain' also has yet to emerge. It's supposed to be Stefan, but he'd actually have to be winning challenges and getting lots of attention for that smug attitude to actually bother anyone. I think the competitive fire is going to come out soon . . . did you like how Leah told Melissa to 'emphasize how much she wants to be there'--then Melissa threw Alex under the bus? I'm hoping for the gamesmanship to step up next week.

Peace

policy

I don't need a hero or a villian when I'm watching Top Chef. I think there are naturally certain personalities that one will find irritating (e.g., the chick with the hair). I also think it's queer that the other bald guy wrote on the Leah's leg "I :heart: Hosea."

I enjoy the show most when I see how the chefs kill the challenge. I find it amazing that under such bizarre/challenging circumstances that they can come up with a unique and delicious dish. I think it's really cool when either Colicchio or a guest judge gets excited about a dish or comments that it is something that they would have never thought would work or something they had never tasted before.

I don't need a hero or a villian when I'm watching Top Chef. I think there are naturally certain personalities that one will find irritating (e.g., the chick with the hair).

I don't "need" a hero or a villain either; I love the cooking and the challenges. But "the characters are boring this season" seems to be a common complaint of others. However, the Lisa hate of Season 4 didn't really start in earnest until the last half of the season. That stuff will come; the editors will even make sure of it.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

It's clear that they're trying to make Stefan the "villian" this year. However, I find him to be funny and don't get that negative vibe from him like I did from Lisa last year. I'm amazed that Arianne keeps winning after watching her the first couple of weeks. Carla, Gene, and Melissa will not be long for this competition.

Agreed . . . things are really going to heat up now I think. The Martha elimination should be a non-group challenge. Challenge after that . . . maybe Restaurant Wars?

I thought

Eugene not EXPLAINING their 'high-concept' dish was a lethal mistake, though I agree that Danny meddling with everything, poorly, got him properly sent home. Who adds stuff to other people's dishes--without telling them, while plating--in a COMPETITION?? The 'build your own sushi' idea was the only thing going for that dish . . . otherwise, it's just an overloaded, confused plate full of meh, and got judged as such. You'd think with a room full of influential foodies, these chefs would have taken the challenge a little more seriously. What a huge opportunity to make an impression . . .

Again we see

Stefan talking like he's got this competition wrapped up, but no evidence of such in the food. Jeff can ace a dish when he's not too busy playing team captain. Ariane is now officially racking up the elimination wins. Jaime's got mad skills; I just hope she can contain the LESBIAN ANGER long enough to keep from exploding.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

It's clear that they're trying to make Stefan the "villian" this year. However, I find him to be funny and don't get that negative vibe from him like I did from Lisa last year. I'm amazed that Arianne keeps winning after watching her the first couple of weeks. Carla, Gene, and Melissa will not be long for this competition.

Oh man, when he was drinking beer in Jaime's bed, trying to negotiate a kiss ("no no, kiss me on the mouth, no bull****"), I was laughing my ass off. Also, he wins points from me in the quickfire by going for obvious wins.

"I can name three ingredients in this dish! Uh, salt, pepper, and oil"

Peace

policy

• 5 weeks later...
It's been hard to watch this season. A majority of the contestants just aren't that good. I can't believe that Ariane continues to win, all she does is cook meat and make cauliflower purees.

Disappointing season so far.

If that lesbo makes one more scallop dish, I'll puke. I think Fabio has had some of the best lines this year...."This is Top Chef...not Top Scallop". And during the breakfast when he said "I shoulda made some bacon, cheese and put some bullsh!t eggs on it". :lmao:

I'm rooting for Fabio to win it out.

I didn't even know this thread was out here...figured no one here liked Top Chef. You need to sub-title it Top Chef.

It's been hard to watch this season. A majority of the contestants just aren't that good. I can't believe that Ariane continues to win, all she does is cook meat and make cauliflower purees.

Disappointing season so far.

totally agree.

• 2 weeks later...

This got a laugh out of me.

From a comment box on nymag.com:

If an entire team can win for cooking something as uninspiring as chicken cutlets and soup, than at the very least the entire losing team should have been struck down by the mighty hand of Colicchio for the blasphemous barnyard bludgeoning of the sacred baby lamb. After all, Leah and Hosea-Can-You-See-Leah’s-Cleav’s negligence makes them equally culpable suspects in tenderizer terrorist Ariane’s crimes against livestock. I wish the two a fate worse than Stefan’s skin pigmentation for putting horny teenage crushing before their teammate, because their alliance is of the worst reality TV has to offer. It’s a vomit inducing canoodle fest that takes precious screen time away from what really matters on this show – sexy shots of the Glad Family of Products. We can only hope in the coming episodes Carla mans up and “accidently” drops a frozen turkey on the love-turds’ heads during a Butterball sponsored make-out session in the walk-in.

I have nothing witty to say about Toby Young. He just plain sucks as a judge and even more so as a human being. Hurry up and consummate your marriage, Gail. We need you.

Here's my thought: Leah and Hosea are going to get caught. There hasn't been an episode that's gone by without at least SOME reference to their constant flirting, and last episode we were treated to the 'spy cam' shot of them laying together on the couch. They're strictly not allowed to have either violent or sexuall physical contact--if they get any closer to the line, they're going to cross it. They sent Cliff home in season 2 for trying to shave Marcel's hair . . . they'd send these two home if they get too touchy, too.

Dude . . . it's Restaurant Wars. If this episode isn't sweet, then this season will be a certifiable letdown.

Peace

policy

Dude . . . it's Restaurant Wars. If this episode isn't sweet, then this season will be a certifiable letdown.

Peace

policy

I think they are showing too much of the soap opera crap this season. Leah and Hosea cheating on their SO's on national TV, Stephan and lesbo's catfights, Stephan trying to hump anything that moves ad nauseum. Let's show more cooking so we can judge the food with what little way we are able to judge! Restaurant Wars episode was very bland.

And yeah, the new judge sucks. When he said I want to have unprotected sex with his food, you knew he was just going for the shock treatment. We get it, British fag.

My wife and her friends always talk about how many 'friends' they have on FB.

I've never even been on FB but am thinking about making a bet that I can have twice as many 'friends' in a week as any of them.

I figure one post in the tailgate could accomplish that.

SPOILER ALERT--If you keep reading, no need to watch the restaurant wars episode:

I get that no one is supposed to go home from the winning team but really, how is leah still there? She was the "owner" of the winning team yet she sent out undercooked fish to a number of patrons, including the judges. I'm no chef but I can cook fish all the way through. If I were cooking for the Judges, I'd sure as hell cook an extra fish just to be certain it tasted good, was appropriately seasoned, etc.

In addition, I think it sucks that the "lead" chef of the losing team is sent home in restaurant wars. As soon as I heard that the two quickfire winners would be in charge in restaurant wars I turned to my wife and told her I'd make sure I lost the quickfire. You have to depend on to many other of your competitors, all who have their own agendas, in order to win.

And finally, the Indian chick screwed up when she didn't put Jar-Jar Binks at the front of the house. Jar-jar really hasn't cooked that well and she's at least outgoing. If Jar-Jar hadn't blown the desserts, the Indian chick would have squeaked out a victory. And I love Jar-Jar's comments at Judge's Table--"I know my desserts sucked but I sent them out of the kitchen with love."

Unta, I thought that Jamie the lesbo said that she was going to try not to win the quickfire...that was smart.

Policy - I think this season has been a big letdown.

I would like to try to make Stephan's desserts...supposedly they were delicious. However, bravo's recipes are always f()cked up...they don't work.

Edited by MojoMan