[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Belichick suggests Colts are manipulating their injury report

Randall

-- More on Belichick's Questioning of Colts Injury Report --

Wed Oct 29, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com

The Providence Journal reports it's no secret that there's no love lost between the Patriots and Colts. From the way Indianapolis GM Bill Polian constantly refers to the New England team as the “Patri-aughts” to the belief that the Colts pumped up both the heat and the crowd noise inside the RCA Dome, to the on-field battles the teams have had this decade, there's no shortage of story lines. Yesterday, Patriots HC Bill Belichick added another one to the pile. During his conference call yesterday, Belichick seemed to call out the Colts for manipulating the injury report with regards to QB Peyton Manning. :wacko: As the Colts enter Sunday's game with a 3-4 mark, the first time under HC Tony Dungy they've been below .500 heading into November, Manning's numbers also are down. It is in part because of injuries to several offensive linemen, and also because Manning underwent two knee surgeries, the second just four weeks before opening day to clear out a staph infection. He missed all of training camp, and is just now working his way into playing shape. Asked yesterday about Manning, Belichick called him a “great player” who “has done it all and continues to do it.” The question that followed was about this being the fifth time in recent years the Colts and Pats have faced off in November. The rivalry has been a boon to television ratings, and not coincidentally, November is sweeps month, when networks set commercial rates based on ratings figures. Belichick gave his stock answer whenever a scheduling question comes up: that he and his team don't concern themselves with such things, they just play the games as they come. Then he paused. “Let me just go back to Manning for a second,” Belichick said. “If I'm not mistaken, he hasn't shown up on the injury report all year, but maybe one day at the beginning of the season. I'm not really sure what injuries you're talking about, but he hasn't been listed on the injury report all year.” Manning didn't begin practicing until Aug. 26, a little more than a week before Indianapolis' season opener. He was listed as probable for the opener against Chicago and has not been in the Colts' report since. In response to Belichick's assertion that he doesn't know what injuries Manning might have because of his absence from the injury report, a questioner replied that Manning wasn't ready to go until the start of the regular season. “He looked pretty good to me,” Belichick said. “I don't think he's injured. He hasn't been on the injury report, so I am assuming he's not hurt.” New England has taken heat in recent years for its alleged manipulation of the injury report, and Belichick knows his team isn't the only one that might fudge things a bit. Polian is a member of the league's influential Competition Committee. With QB Tom Brady out and the Colts struggling, it seemed like this week's game was going to be pretty tame. Maybe not.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php#146818

:wacko:

Belicek's got big brass balls, you have to admit. He's a whining moran, but his balls are the size of cantilopes. It's such a pleasure to watch NE's window starting to close and Belicek being relegated to mediocre coach standing without Brady at QB.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Manipulating the injury report? If they were, Manning would be listed as questionable even though he isn't hurt (a la Tom Brady). That would be manipulating the report. Leaving him off and then claiming their poor start on the fact that he's hurt is the opposite of manipulation. Stupid article. Typical for the Providence Journal though. Only things to ever come out of Rhode Island are corrupt politicians, junior varsity mobsters, and the Foxy Lady :wacko:

It didn't sound like he was questioning the injury report to me. It sounded like he was diffusing talk that the Colts aren't the same team this year because Manning is hurt and not playing at 100%. He's building them up verbally as an opponent. That's what he does every week. He praises and builds up the other team, and he takes steps to diffuse any talk about why the other team might be weak.

I think there was also a very thinly veiled comparison to the two organizations. The Colts are 3-4 with a 'healthy' Manning (healthy = not listed on the injury report) while the Patriots are 5-2 with Brady lost for the season since week one. Sounds like a shot across Polian's bow.

It didn't sound like he was questioning the injury report to me. It sounded like he was diffusing talk that the Colts aren't the same team this year because Manning is hurt and not playing at 100%. He's building them up verbally as an opponent. That's what he does every week. He praises and builds up the other team, and he takes steps to diffuse any talk about why the other team might be weak.

I think there was also a very thinly veiled comparison to the two organizations. The Colts are 3-4 with a 'healthy' Manning (healthy = not listed on the injury report) while the Patriots are 5-2 with Brady lost for the season since week one. Sounds like a shot across Polian's bow.

That's exactly what he was doing. Whoever wrote "he seems to be saying the colts are manipulating the injury report" is either anti-Patriots or jumping to a conclusion based on some preconceived opinion.

:D

Belicek's got big brass balls, you have to admit. He's a whining moran, but his balls are the size of cantilopes. It's such a pleasure to watch NE's window starting to close and Belicek being relegated to mediocre coach standing without Brady at QB.

I hate the Pats but this is kind of a lame statement. Without his star QB the team is a top their division and 3rd best record in the entire NFL. :wacko: If this is a window closing I think 30 NFL teams would love to have their windows closing.

:wacko:

I don't think he is a mediocore coach...I actually think he is a great coach. Losing Brady and still putting up W's is not easy for any team and he is doing it. Losing Brady and still masterminding ways to win games actually proves he is a good coach.

Do I like him? No! I am a Jets fan. But he is a good coach.

This is true belichick and it impresses me because he simply does not care

he does not care what people think of him , or how he handles his team , or how he handles the media or how he dresses for the games

He dances to his own tune ...I give him credit and i also believe he is a great coach

I hate the Pats but this is kind of a lame statement. Without his star QB the team is a top their division and 3rd best record in the entire NFL. :wacko: If this is a window closing I think 30 NFL teams would love to have their windows closing.

of course its a lame statement...it comes from bronco billy....shouldnt expect anything less.....this guy lives for threads about the patriots

i hope you really enjoyed the broncos getting pummeled a couple weeks ago....it was indeed a pleasure

I don't think he is a mediocore coach...I actually think he is a great coach. Losing Brady and still putting up W's is not easy for any team and he is doing it. Losing Brady and still masterminding ways to win games actually proves he is a good coach.

Do I like him? No! I am a Jets fan. But he is a good coach.

Pioli gave him a lot of talent. Even without Brady they have a lot of very good players, but BB did help set up the system where they draft the right players. I especially like how they get versatile players they can interchange in different ways.

That said he did indeed question why Manning wasn't on injury reports.

Pioli gave him a lot of talent. Even without Brady they have a lot of very good players, but BB did help set up the system where they draft the right players. I especially like how they get versatile players they can interchange in different ways.

Pioli works for Belichick, numbnuts. :wacko:

“He looked pretty good to me,” Belichick said. “I don't think he's injured. He hasn't been on the injury report, so I am assuming he's not hurt.”

i just don't see that at all from that. I doubt Belichek gives a f#$% whether he's on the injury report. He's just trying to not let his team overlook Manning.

-- More on Belichick's Questioning of Colts Injury Report --

Wed Oct 29, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com

The Providence Journal reports it's no secret that there's no love lost between the Patriots and Colts. From the way Indianapolis GM Bill Polian constantly refers to the New England team as the “Patri-aughts” to the belief that the Colts pumped up both the heat and the crowd noise inside the RCA Dome, to the on-field battles the teams have had this decade, there's no shortage of story lines. Yesterday, Patriots HC Bill Belichick added another one to the pile. During his conference call yesterday, Belichick seemed to call out the Colts for manipulating the injury report with regards to QB Peyton Manning. :wacko: As the Colts enter Sunday's game with a 3-4 mark, the first time under HC Tony Dungy they've been below .500 heading into November, Manning's numbers also are down. It is in part because of injuries to several offensive linemen, and also because Manning underwent two knee surgeries, the second just four weeks before opening day to clear out a staph infection. He missed all of training camp, and is just now working his way into playing shape. Asked yesterday about Manning, Belichick called him a “great player” who “has done it all and continues to do it.” The question that followed was about this being the fifth time in recent years the Colts and Pats have faced off in November. The rivalry has been a boon to television ratings, and not coincidentally, November is sweeps month, when networks set commercial rates based on ratings figures. Belichick gave his stock answer whenever a scheduling question comes up: that he and his team don't concern themselves with such things, they just play the games as they come. Then he paused. “Let me just go back to Manning for a second,” Belichick said. “If I'm not mistaken, he hasn't shown up on the injury report all year, but maybe one day at the beginning of the season. I'm not really sure what injuries you're talking about, but he hasn't been listed on the injury report all year.” Manning didn't begin practicing until Aug. 26, a little more than a week before Indianapolis' season opener. He was listed as probable for the opener against Chicago and has not been in the Colts' report since. In response to Belichick's assertion that he doesn't know what injuries Manning might have because of his absence from the injury report, a questioner replied that Manning wasn't ready to go until the start of the regular season. “He looked pretty good to me,” Belichick said. “I don't think he's injured. He hasn't been on the injury report, so I am assuming he's not hurt.” New England has taken heat in recent years for its alleged manipulation of the injury report, and Belichick knows his team isn't the only one that might fudge things a bit. Polian is a member of the league's influential Competition Committee. With QB Tom Brady out and the Colts struggling, it seemed like this week's game was going to be pretty tame. Maybe not.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php#146818

Link to where Belichick suggests Colts are manipulating their injury report?

Well feel free to explain how it is even remotely the same. I'll even spot you a ballpark. Just work it out to somewhere in a neighboring neighborhood if you could.

it's more like door-to-door....jehovas witness style...

wasn't Brady on the injury report about 52 weeks in a row?...I could go on all day, but I'll drop that little morsel and you can pick the rest up from there...

it's more like door-to-door....jehovas witness style...

wasn't Brady on the injury report about 52 weeks in a row?...I could go on all day, but I'll drop that little morsel and you can pick the rest up from there...

Brady legally had to be on the report since he was injured. But that's not the point. The point is that no place in that article did Belichick suggests the Colts were manipulating their injury report. So how is Belichick answering questions about Peyton Manning calling a pot black? It seems like the morsel you're dropping could be used for fertilizer.

Brady legally had to be on the report since he was injured. But that's not the point. The point is that no place in that article did Belichick suggests the Colts were manipulating their injury report. So how is Belichick answering questions about Peyton Manning calling a pot black? It seems like the morsel you're dropping could be used for fertilizer.

so he was hurt for 52 weeks and didn't miss a game?....that is uncanny...

you can't possibly be this much of a maroon...

Bronco Billy helped the Patriots set up that system? :wacko:

so he was hurt for 52 weeks and didn't miss a game?....that is uncanny...

you can't possibly be this much of a maroon...

you didn't answer the question . . .