[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Did did/will you vote for?

Cunning Runt

McCain or Obama?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who did or will you vote for?

• McCain
    • Obama
    • Other

McCain [ 10 ] [47.62%]

Obama [ 10 ] [47.62%]

Other [ 1 ] [4.76%]

Total Votes: 19

Probably a dumb question but how is there 10 votes for each and 1 for other and total votes 19?

two people voted for both McCain and Obama before Big John fixed the poll for CR.

Edited by wiegie

McCain [ 10 ] [47.62%]

Obama [ 10 ] [47.62%]

Other [ 1 ] [4.76%]

Total Votes: 19

Probably a dumb question but how is there 10 votes for each and 1 for other and total votes 19?

When I initially set it up I accidentally allowed for a person to vote for more than 1 option. Some people voted for both McCain and Obama. Big John has helped me get that squared away so a voter can only vote for one option now.

ETA... What Wiegie said.

Edited by Cunning Runt

This post is not about politics, but TV entertainment...

Is anyone else going to watch the election results tonight. We're getting dinner, wine, and crashing on the couch to watch results. We're giddy with anticipation. Partly cuz Colorado has so many initiatives on the ballot and many are pretty extreme.

I am for sure. I see a sausage roll in my future tonight, and before you say it - the PIZZA kind you momos. Commence editing.

This post is not about politics, but TV entertainment...

Is anyone else going to watch the election results tonight. We're getting dinner, wine, and crashing on the couch to watch results. We're giddy with anticipation. Partly cuz Colorado has so many initiatives on the ballot and many are pretty extreme.

No, we'll pull up something off of TIVO. Cant sit there and watch results for too long. I'll find out tomorrow.

Entertainment = Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert playing their persona well on election night. 4 years ago, Colbert (plays the Republican part) got to rag on Stewart (plays the Democrat part) all night long. Colbert is already waving the white flag on his show. Fun to watch.

Wow, it's close result so far and I bet this mirrors the US in general.

If neither obama or mccain get the 270 electoral votes, it goes to re-vote, yeah? Where it's just them or any third-party candidate who got a fair chunk of votes?

What I'm getting at is, I wonder who the people who voted "other" would vote for if it was just two candidates? Maybe someone could start another poll specifically for the other voters to see if they'd make it a landslide or change the outcome?

If neither gets 270, it goes to the House for the President and to the Senate for the Vice-President. For the House, each state's representatives must vote for their candidate and then each state has 1 vote towards the total tally. Senate is 1 vote per senator.

Edited by Big John

Wow, it's close result so far and I bet this mirrors the US in general.

If neither obama or mccain get the 270 electoral votes, it goes to re-vote, yeah? Where it's just them or any third-party candidate who got a fair chunk of votes?

What I'm getting at is, I wonder who the people who voted "other" would vote for if it was just two candidates? Maybe someone could start another poll specifically for the other voters to see if they'd make it a landslide or change the outcome?

I know it can end in a 269-269 tie, but unless a 3rd party guy actually won a state's electoral votes, I don't think it's possible for one or the other NOT to get 270 unless a tie occurred.

An interesting tidbit I heard on TV this morning - it if actually did end up in a tie, the House would vote on the President and with a Democratic House, it would be an Obama presidency, BUT, the Senate votes on the VP and right now they're 50-50 with the sitting VP casting the tie-breaking vote so a tie could conceivably mean an Obama-Palin Prez/Vice Prez slate. Not making it up - it's what one of the so-called experts said.