[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd like to brag a little bit about my nephew...

SteelBunz

This is an amazing kid!! In his Senior year...decent student, teaches community kids and is having a WICKED-SICK football season!!!

They are two games into the playoffs with the championship game this weekend in D-5 Regionals. Keep in mind, when you see his numbers, they pulled him by halftime in every game this year because they were trouncing whatever team they were playing......lol. Now.....this is sort of a Hoosiers-type story....small little school in the middle of the NE Ohio where football powerhouses have been a mainstay. You know.....most decent players play both sides of the ball.

He plays Quarterback......linebacker......and kicker. :wacko:

He wears No. 9 and his little brother on JV has now been dubbed "baby niner"...LOL. :D

I don't have ALL the stats.....but his QB rating for the regular season was 208.8...1324 yds....18 TDs and 2 INTs. And he rushed for another 9 TDs.

Again...mostly done in the first half of games. They were 10-0 regular season. He was also the leading tackler on the team.....snagged 3 INTs himself and accounted for 2FGs and 11 PATs. Unbelievable! :D

We talked football for an hour at a wedding in Sept......I'd dearly LOVE to get him a look-see for a scholarship in a college here in Ohio. I'm tapping a few coaches and former players around the state as we speak. Loaf? KevinL? Any help would be appreciated!!

Check it out! Kirtland Signal Caller

Round 1 was against the team that knocked them out last year. He had 15 carries for 262 yds and 5 TDs.....6/11 passing for 112 yds and 1 TD. :D

This is the round 2 match vs. Columbiana Crestview.41-13 win

Round 2...89 yds rushing.....9/15 for 140 yds and 5 TDs. Brady Quinn and Big Ben ought to take some notes. :D

Great job, Ben!! :D

Good luck this weekend vs. Youngstown Ursuline!! I hope to be there in the front row!! :D

OOOOoooooo......VOTE for him for a Plain Dealer Game Ball of the week!!! THANKS! :smash:

Vote for Ben Madden....scroll down for second set of names!!

Edited by SteelBunz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tapping a few coaches and former players around the state as we speak.

I know that's one way to bust through corporate glass ceilings but I haven't heard of it being used for a nephew's scholarship. Way to 'lay out' for him Bunz. :wacko:

Plus how do you type and perform at the same time. :D

Oh and the kid sounds like he is rather good. :D

I know that's one way to bust through corporate glass ceilings but I haven't heard of it being used for a nephew's scholarship. Way to 'lay out' for him Bunz. :wacko:

Plus how do you type and perform at the same time. :D

LMAO......ummm.....tap......on the shoulder. Ya perv. :D

Kewl.

Did you buy him a $300 football bat when he was younger? :wacko:

Nah....we had very little to do with it......lol. Other than making him get in there and play hard at family functions.

Athletic family. His mom plays basketball still.....and played ice hockey last year in some league.

His Dad seriously could have been a tour golfer.....but he opted not to be away from his family early on. He's always disqualified in the family Duffer's tourney...LOL. One of the prettiest swings I've ever seen.

You sure he's not some 28-year old man that got held back 10 times? :D

Sounds like an awesome kid. :D

Does he LOOK 28 in that pic? Heck...he didn't even look 18 when I saw him in Sept. :D

As an aside.....his parents' wedding is sort of how MrBunz and I mark our time together......LOL. Ben was the first baby born in the family after we started dating. So he's pretty special to us. :D And geeze.....I feel old. :wacko:

:D

Tressell give hm a car yet?

Ursuline is real tough. I'd be interested to see how he does against them. Good luck to him and his team.

Keep tappin bunz.

:wacko: Ursuline is super tough......should really be a D-2 team......lol. We'll see!

Hey guys.....just talked to his Dad. Go vote for Ben for a Game Ball of the Week......I put a link at the bottom of the post! :D

:D Ursuline is super tough......should really be a D-2 team......lol. We'll see!

Hey guys.....just talked to his Dad. Go vote for Ben for a Game Ball of the Week......I put a link at the bottom of the post! :D

Done. He's currently in first but it's a two-man race between him and an f'n keeker :wacko:

I tried to vote for Ben, but somehow it changed my vote to a Constitutional ban on gay marriage. Weird. :D

:D Funny though.....he was in the running last week. Then someone from one of the other nominees found a loophole in the voting process.....basically hacked the site and entered some astronomical number of votes at the last minute. :wacko:

Maybe the same guy is against gay marriage? :D