[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Friday Night Lights

kpholmes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
I've been watching since Season 1, and this show has slowly developed into one of the best shows on TV IMO. It was moved to the Direct TV channel to keep it from being cut as a result of the writer strike aftermath, but they're moving it back to NBC next season.

I watch a lot of TV during the week, Heroes, House, SVU, The Office, Smallville, Family Guy, Entourage, etc... and while I enjoy almost all of them, I don't think any of them come close. If anyone knows of a better show currently on the air than Friday Night Lights, I'd love to hear it.

The Good Wife. Great Story Lines, Great writing and great acting.

• 3 months later...

Wow guys. My sister gave the complete series to my wife to watch. I've had to sit through roughly half. All I have to say is wow. Great show, right up there with Hannah Montana and Raven. You guys can't be serious with this stuff. Best show on tv? Maybe if I was a 13 year old girl.

Wow guys. My sister gave the complete series to my wife to watch. I've had to sit through roughly half. All I have to say is wow. Great show, right up there with Hannah Montana and Raven. You guys can't be serious with this stuff. Best show on tv? Maybe if I was a 13 year old girl.

Why does this not surprise me in the least...

hey, my wife and daughter love this show and they're way older than 13

...and I happen to love it too.

Good characters, good dialog, good acting, good (if a little over the top) picture of the culture of a small Texas town - and football.

What exactly are you looking for out of it?

hey, my wife and daughter love this show and they're way older than 13

...and I happen to love it too.

Good characters, good dialog, good acting, good (if a little over the top) picture of the culture of a small Texas town - and football.

What exactly are you looking for out of it?

I was looking for a little more than high school girls arguing and calling each other names over guys that they slept with. You guys made it sound like there was either good action, interesting storylines or some cool new concepts outside of your average teeny bopper soap opera. "you're such a b, and you slept with ____, and now my parents are fighting and OMG that guy is sooo hottttt". Really?

I was looking for a little more than high school girls arguing and calling each other names over guys that they slept with. You guys made it sound like there was either good action, interesting storylines or some cool new concepts outside of your average teeny bopper soap opera. "you're such a b, and you slept with ____, and now my parents are fighting and OMG that guy is sooo hottttt". Really?

:wacko:

Yeah... that's not at all what it's like... but... your loss I guess... :tup:

Yeah... that's not at all what it's like... but... your loss I guess... :tup:

Dude, I just had to sit through the first two seasons. Unless the 3rd season is a complete 180, yeah, that's exactly what it is. I went into the series trying to like it. I don't have any alterior motives here. Way more 18-35 females like that show than any other demographic, agreed? That's all I'm saying. I was expecting just a bit of a more masculine show.

ETA: I apologize, I may have been a bit harsh. I could certainly see my friends and I being into that show when I was about your age.

Edited by Seahawks21

If that's all you are getting out of this show then it is indeed your loss. Is that a part of the show in it's early seasons? Sure (it's a drama focused on a high school after all). Is that what the show is about or what drives the show? Absolutely not. The pilot episode and the episode where one of the main character's father dies are up there with some of the greatest 40 minutes of television ever. They of course aren't all that good, but the show's overall performance from beginning to end ranks it up there with the top shows of all time. Period.

• 3 weeks later...

I had watched most of the first season and some other episodes here and there. I decided a few months ago to start watching it from the beginning on Netflix. I've now finished the first four seasons, and I absolutely LOVE this show. I would rank it behind Sopranos & Lost as my best non-comedy TV show of all-time. They really do have some great story-lines, and I think Season 4 may have been the best one yet. I'm going to start Season 5 on Hulu plus soon.

As for the chicks......they are all very hot, and here is where I would rank them:

1A - Lyla (Minka Kelly)

1B - Julie (Aimee Teegarden) - I'm sure most don't rank her this high, but, she does it for me.

2 - Mrs. Taylor (Connie Brittain) - She does it for me. She is definitely an extremely sexy MILF.

3 - Becky - She is a definite cutie

4 - Tyra (Adrianne Palicki) - I know most rank her higher. Great body, o.k. face. She is hot though, just not as hot as the ones above.

5 - Jess - cute

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone....... :wacko:

I have yet to watch an episode. I'm more obsessed with Breaking Bad and Mad Men right now. I might give it a look at some point. I was never into the "highschool drama" i.e: Bevery Hills 90210 or The OC or any of those other "drama's".

Dude, I just had to sit through the first two seasons. Unless the 3rd season is a complete 180, yeah, that's exactly what it is. I went into the series trying to like it. I don't have any alterior motives here. Way more 18-35 females like that show than any other demographic, agreed? That's all I'm saying. I was expecting just a bit of a more masculine show.

ETA: I apologize, I may have been a bit harsh. I could certainly see my friends and I being into that show when I was about your age.

Define what would make the show more masculine? Would you prefer the chicks to be butch lesbians, someone getting shot every week, story lines that don't involve relationships?

Define what would make the show more masculine? Would you prefer the chicks to be butch lesbians, someone getting shot every week, story lines that don't involve relationships?

Oh yeah, the lesbian chick in Landry's band is pretty hot too. :wacko:

very cool.

Ah, awesome, I wasn't sure folks could see it. :wacko:

I hung out with the guys for the entire game at the tailgate. They were both pretty darn cool. One of the ladies at the tailgate I go to works for the show and had invited them. This was 2-3 seasons ago.

Not sure if you'll be able to see this or not but...

here ya go

(oh, that's my wife) :wacko:

I took the photo and forgot to do one with 'em... :lol:

Very cool ! :tup: (Though it would have been better if it was Minka Kelly & Aimee Teegarden) :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...