[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Children Living in Same Room

The Wolf

Check your state laws regarding siblings of the opposite sex sharing bedrooms. I believe it becomes illegal at a certain age in some states.

I can't believe that this is true. There might be some Section 8 regulations with regards to renting out homes to people in which siblings of opposite sexes don't have their own rooms, but I can't see how they can regulate how people live in their own homes.

If you two really want another child, don't let money hold you back, don't let your two kids sharing a room hold you back... y'all will make it work out somehow and your kids will likely be grateful for having a sibling, maybe not until they move out :wacko: but they will.

My philosophy: do what you gotta do now...worry about the other stuff down the road.

pretty much agree with this. I mean, if you guys conceive 6 months from now, you've got almost 2 years before this becomes an issue at all....and after that, I would say you have a couple more years before the older girl is to the point where the boy/girl stuff is an issue and it's maybe a little unfair to ask her to share a room. so even if the 2 BR setup might not work for you guys in 5 years, it sounds like you can probably make it work alright for the next 3 years or so minimum. to me that sounds like a better idea than straining yourselves financially to get into a 3 BR place that you may or may not even end up needing.

COMPLETELY, TOTALLY, 100% agree with all of this. My wife and I are currently making it work with a 4 year old girl, 2.5 year old boy, and six-month-old girl in a 1000 sq. ft. 2-bedroom. It's cramped and gets cluttered quick, but those are minor things compared to having the family size and spacing we want.

<ben stiller>Do it, do it. DO. IT.</ben>

ETA: In Japan, if you went looking for apartments and said you needed a three-bedroom setup because each of your pre-school-age kids need their own room, they'd probably kick your ass for suggesting such opulent excess. What in the hell does a newborn need their whole own room for?

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

Check your state laws regarding siblings of the opposite sex sharing bedrooms. I believe it becomes illegal at a certain age in some states.

Seriously? :wacko: Did not know that...

Based on your username it is probably commonplace :D

Fellas, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your input...it means a great deal to me and was exactly what I needed to hear.

My wife and I had the talk again last night...this time, it carried much more urgency (again, the clock is ticking...). Although she still feels that we can afford a 3 bedroom home, she agreed with me that it is more important to have another child than anything else...so we are back on the same page. Whatever the living arrangements may be, we will make them work.

I'll be making an offer on that co-op following a tour of the premises.

Again...thank you!!!!

I actually have a 2 friends who live in NYC who share a room and they are brother and sister (the female is 26 and male is 24). They have so their entire lives and they are fine with it.

That's kinda creepy.

I don't think I could take it if my sister was having sex in the bed next to me.

We have friends with kids that have their own bedrooms, and they begged to share a room... so I'm not worried about it until they are much older.

Bingo. My 2 daughters are 5 and 7 and we have a 3 bedroom yet they do not want to seperate. They both share a room. If you have another girl it will be a no brainer. If you have a boy it has a different dynamic but is still very doable and not out of the ordinary. I say send in the swim team and take it from there.

Wolf---> :D:wacko::D:D <---- Goalie

Wolf......you said the bedrooms were very large. Any way you see to make one bdrm into two small ones......even just temporarily? Maybe a false wall with sliding Shoji screens or something? Or even modify two pocket doors meeting in the middle? That way when you look for a bigger home in 5 years.....it's easily taken down to restore the two big bedrooms. Just something where your little girl has some privacy and might not be woken up by a baby crying in the middle of the night.....lol.

Or you could go a bit more "permanent" with a wall as long as you can do another door to the hall and have room for a small closet to be built in the second room. That would conform to code, yet STILL be reversible when you go to sell......just a little more work. :wacko:

Send me a blueprint or a schematic when you get settled.....I can take a look. :D

Oh and.....not to "jinx you two" or anything......but you could have another girl. :D

Edited by SteelBunz

Wolf......you said the bedrooms were very large. Any way you see to make one bdrm into two small ones......even just temporarily? Maybe a false wall with sliding Shoji screens or something? Or even modify two pocket doors meeting in the middle? That way when you look for a bigger home in 5 years.....it's easily taken down to restore the two big bedrooms. Just something where your little girl has some privacy and might not be woken up by a baby crying in the middle of the night.....lol.

Or you could go a bit more "permanent" with a wall as long as you can do another door to the hall and have room for a small closet to be built in the second room. That would conform to code, yet STILL be reversible when you go to sell......just a little more work. :wacko:

Send me a blueprint or a schematic when you get settled.....I can take a look. :D

Oh and.....not to "jinx you two" or anything......but you could have another girl. :D

From your lips to God's ears...I'd be tickled with another girl. Thanks for the input...the temporary wall idea has merit...!

Bingo. My 2 daughters are 5 and 7 and we have a 3 bedroom yet they do not want to seperate. They both share a room. If you have another girl it will be a no brainer. If you have a boy it has a different dynamic but is still very doable and not out of the ordinary. I say send in the swim team and take it from there.

Wolf---> :D:wacko::D:D <---- Goalie

:D Definitely putting this into my sig line...

From your lips to God's ears...I'd be tickled with another girl. Thanks for the input...the temporary wall idea has merit...!

No doubt - with two little girls Daddy's birthday and Father's day is the BEST! We're talking about having more and I'm kinda like, "Well, I've got the girl thing knocked, so do I really want boys this time???"