[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just another reason Chilly needs to go

CaP'N GRuNGe

How many NFL games average are blacked out each year? I honestly don't know, but I would guess maybe 5 or 6 tops. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea if the NFL started a new policy whereby each year, each franchise gets one blackout buyout from the NFL (after the deadlines have passed), to be funded by the pool of money that they have from all of the players/coaches fines from the previous season. Obviously they could only do this if the numbers added up, and then once the fine pool is used up for the season, then too bad.

I'm sure there are some glaring problems with this that I have overlooked, but at least it's a way to use all of the fine money instead of wasting it all on hookers and blow :wacko:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Times are tough I agree. Your speech brought a tear to my eye. If I were you I wouldn't waste any more of your money on fantasy football website memberships or fantasy football altogether. Stick to the free Yahoo leagues, because they aren't as costly.

:D

Thanks for you kind advice, it's nice to find someone who truely cares about others..... :wacko:

How many NFL games average are blacked out each year? I honestly don't know, but I would guess maybe 5 or 6 tops.

I think I read somewhere this past week that the Raiders haven't sold out a game yet this year.

I'd bet the Lions didn't sell out many games this year.

i looked into buying tickets. you need to pay for the NFC champ game also.... and i was told the vikings are not in charge of the tickets the NFL is. so you cant just buy a ticket for this game.... ghey

Seriously? I was going to buy tickets today. That sucks.

i looked into buying tickets. you need to pay for the NFC champ game also.... and i was told the vikings are not in charge of the tickets the NFL is. so you cant just buy a ticket for this game.... ghey

Unless both Carolina and NYG are knocked out, one of those two will be at home and the Vikings, if they get there, will be away. Makes no sense to pay for the Championship game.

Anyone with guesses on what tickets will be going for outside the dome right before kickoff? Think I could get a couple together? I've never bought scalped tickets for an NFL game before.

You will for sure be able to get a couple of tickets together. And I would guess that you can get them for face value (or possibly 25% less or so) with the way that the supply and demand is shaping up. There are a lot of people selling ticekts in front of the dome before the game, so walk away and go to the next guy if you don't get the price you like. If the game ends up being blacked out, then you can always walk up to the ticket booth too (make sure you let the scalpers know that you're aware of that option).

that was true for season ticket holders a few weeks back when they were offered playoff tickets. They were told they had to buy tickets for both games. Which for most was around $800 if you had two seats. That appears to be why quite a few season ticket holders chose not to purchase playoff tickets But now, anyone looking to buy tickets for this weekends game only has to buy for this game.

Three games, right? Wild card, divisional, championship.

What I am hearing was just this game and the only other possible game would be the Championship game. Div game would be at Carolina or NY regardless, so just two home games/

You will for sure be able to get a couple of tickets together. And I would guess that you can get them for face value (or possibly 25% less or so) with the way that the supply and demand is shaping up. There are a lot of people selling ticekts in front of the dome before the game, so walk away and go to the next guy if you don't get the price you like. If the game ends up being blacked out, then you can always walk up to the ticket booth too (make sure you let the scalpers know that you're aware of that option).

Good info. When will they announce if it is blacked out?

The NFL should take away or move these franchises that can't sell out a PLAYOFF game. That is pathetic. It's not like the Vikings get to go to the playoffs every year. You would think the fans would embrace a team that has won 10 games, features the most exciting running back in the league, and has a defense that is fun to watch because they can just flat out stuff the running game. I don't get it.

The NFL should take away or move these franchises that can't sell out a PLAYOFF game. That is pathetic. It's not like the Vikings get to go to the playoffs every year. You would think the fans would embrace a team that has won 10 games, features the most exciting running back in the league, and has a defense that is fun to watch because they can just flat out stuff the running game. I don't get it.

Well I'm a huge fan, and I literally cannot afford to go to the game right now. I don't have enough money in my possession to do it. Does that disqualify my fan status?

Well I'm a huge fan, and I literally cannot afford to go to the game right now. I don't have enough money in my possession to do it. Does that disqualify my fan status?

No not at all. I'm coming across as shallow I know, but honestly, you don't have $40 to go watch and support your team. This is a rare opportunity of hosting a playoff game against a team that Minnesota has a great chance of beating.

you don't have $40 to go watch and support your team.

That's the strange part about this situation...all those cheaper seats are gone. You want to buy a ticket now, you're talking probably $100 seats, or more, are whats left.

With all that said....its not like the place is going to be half empty, at this moment, there are over 60,000 tickets sold.