[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just another reason Chilly needs to go

CaP'N GRuNGe

meh....bunch of drama you guys can stir up over nothing. 20,000 tickets went on sale yesterday. Tonite now they are reporting about 10,000 left. It's Tuesday. :wacko:

Word is AZ and SD haven't sold out their games yet either. SD went to the last day last year before being sold out. :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh....bunch of drama you guys can stir up over nothing. 20,000 tickets went on sale yesterday. Tonite now they are reporting about 10,000 left. It's Tuesday. :wacko:

Word is AZ and SD haven't sold out their games yet either. SD went to the last day last year before being sold out. :D

No kidding. Enjoy the games this week everyone.

Funny... When I tried to think of another NFL franchise with as many fair weather fans as MIN, those were two of the first to come to mind. I agree that the game more than likely won't be blacked out. I just think it's sad that we're even having the conversation, and that the best seats in the house haven't even sold.

Shame its not a few hundred miles closer, or it would be swarming with Eagles fans. if the game was here, they be going for about $400-500 each

:wacko:

Your Suggested Itinerary

$ Each Way Depart Arrive Flt #/Stops Details/Time

Coach : $449

First : N/A

1:36 PM 02 Jan 2009

Philadelphia, PA 3:40 PM 02 Jan 2009

Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN 3357

Details / Seats

3 h 4 m

Coach : $811

First : $1876

7:00 AM 05 Jan 2009

Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN 12:55 PM 05 Jan 2009

Philadelphia, PA 938 / 1106

Stops: CLT Details / Seats

4 h 55 m

$449 Outbound

+ $811 Return

$1260 Round Trip (plus taxes and fees checked baggage fees may apply)

The wife and her son are queens fans.

Got us 3 tickets to the game last night for $120 (total) in nosebleeds.

I guess there's about 9,997 tickets left.

I will be wearing my Packer clothes/hat.

The organization has put a sub-par product (that is often boring to watch) on the field for years now. It charges premium prices to watch said product in a cruddy stadium. Factor in a piss-poor economy and you have the recipe for people not wanting(or not able) to spend money to see the team play in person as readily as they used to be. There have been a few games this year that have been close to being blacked out but the network has snatched up the remaining tix so they could show the game and get the ad money. This time there are far more tickets available as reportedly only a little more than half the STH have opted to buy playoff tickets. I suspect more will come around and there will be some growing bandwagon effect and then either Zygi or the network will get the rest. I would be surprised if it is indeed blacked-out here locally.

This issue is not a reason to fire Childress, but you can say he has at least contributed to it by putting an often sloppy, undisciplined team on the field during his tenure. He has also not done much to ingratiate himself with the people here with his arrogant yet horribly monotonous tone, either. I suspect there are at least some people who would otherwise be willing to buy up tickets for the game that are chosing not to because they (quite frankly) want him gone in the worst way.

This organization has made a habbit out of tearing the hearts out of its fans over the years. I dont think you can really blame people for being hesitant to cough up their dough when they're thinking its about to happen yet again.

Uhhh....Remember Mike Tice??!! :wacko:

+1 The Eagles fans are coming! The Eagles fans are coming!

It's going to be like a home game for the Birds in Minny. Please stay home and bitch about ticket prices and your "boring" coach and whatever nonsense is going on up there.

+1...much ado about nothing...

I'm shocked Eagles fans haven't bought up extra tickets...

it is one of the very few airports that is served exclusively by USAir and Northwest.....$1200+ per seat roundtrip to fly. If it was St. Louis, Atlanta, even Arizona, it would be about $240-340. And its abotu a 20-hour drive.

Best option is to fly to Chicago, and drive another 8 or so hours. Thats rough in January.

So, Childress coaches his team to a division title with Gus Freakin' Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson as his available QBs, and he needs to go because vikings fans are too pathetic to buy playoff tickets?

You guys don't deserve a contending franchise. Support the team that's doing well.

Jeebus. :wacko:

My point was that Childress is ultimately responsible for the quality of the product on the field. This is a team filled with alot of quality players minus a few holes, mainly at the QB position. They are winning in spite of the KAO not because of it. See the last 30 seconds of last weekend's game to see coaching brilliance in action.

The ineptitude of this coaching staff does not have the fan base excited. Yeah, maybe that shouldn't matter and tickets should be snapped up anyways. I guess the economy does not help either.

Jeebus. :wacko:

My point was that Childress is ultimately responsible for the quality of the product on the field. This is a team filled with alot of quality players minus a few holes, mainly at the QB position. They are winning in spite of the KAO not because of it. See the last 30 seconds of last weekend's game to see coaching brilliance in action.

The ineptitude of this coaching staff does not have the fan base excited. Yeah, maybe that shouldn't matter and tickets should be snapped up anyways. I guess the economy does not help either.

Didn't they win the game in the last 30 seconds?

You should just bring back Tice then you won't worry that you may be disappointed.

The organization has put a sub-par product (that is often boring to watch) on the field for years now. It charges premium prices to watch said product in a cruddy stadium. Factor in a piss-poor economy and you have the recipe for people not wanting(or not able) to spend money to see the team play in person as readily as they used to be. There have been a few games this year that have been close to being blacked out but the network has snatched up the remaining tix so they could show the game and get the ad money. This time there are far more tickets available as reportedly only a little more than half the STH have opted to buy playoff tickets. I suspect more will come around and there will be some growing bandwagon effect and then either Zygi or the network will get the rest. I would be surprised if it is indeed blacked-out here locally.

This issue is not a reason to fire Childress, but you can say he has at least contributed to it by putting an often sloppy, undisciplined team on the field during his tenure. He has also not done much to ingratiate himself with the people here with his arrogant yet horribly monotonous tone, either. I suspect there are at least some people who would otherwise be willing to buy up tickets for the game that are chosing not to because they (quite frankly) want him gone in the worst way.

This organization has made a habbit out of tearing the hearts out of its fans over the years. I dont think you can really blame people for being hesitant to cough up their dough when they're thinking its about to happen yet again.

:D:wacko:

so stay home and watch friggin bowling on sunday then.

Uhhh....Remember Mike Tice??!! :wacko:

Trying to forget :D

:D

You can't sell havent yet sold out a home playoff game and you blame the coach?

Pathetic.

I hope the place fills up with Eagles fans, you deserve it.

Fixed 'er up a little for ya

So, Childress coaches his team to a division title with Gus Freakin' Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson as his available QBs, and he needs to go because vikings fans are too pathetic to buy playoff tickets?

:D

You guys don't deserve a contending franchise. Support the team that's doing well.

It is because of Childress that we have Gus Freakin' Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson as our available QBs.

And the team gets support. There are 55,000 season ticket holders and there hasnt been a black-out here in over a decade. The tix will sell. Just taking a little longer than we'd have thought.

Trying to forget :wacko:

Fixed 'er up a little for ya

It is because of Childress that we have Gus Freakin' Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson as our available QBs.

And the team gets support. There are 55,000 season ticket holders and there hasnt been a black-out here in over a decade. The tix will sell. Just taking a little longer than we'd have thought.

Meanwhile don't mind us non-playoff team fans having fun at your expense. :D

:D:wacko:

so stay home and watch friggin bowling on sunday then.

Not crying at all. And I never said I agreed with people not buying tickets. Just said I think I understand some of the possible reasons why they are not.

Again, this is all pretty silly anyway. The tickets will be sold. The game will be on here locally. Not a big deal as far as I am concerned. If sunday gets here and there are still tix left, then feel free to bash away.

I just read Miami had 25K and San Diego about 17K tickets to sell for their games. They got 'em sold and so will MN.

I can't speak for the other Vikings fans, but as much as I LOVE the Vikes it is just after Christmas during one of the worst economic downturns in memory... a couple of tickets, plus parking, plus refreshments just is NOT in the family budget right now. I still hope that other people are in a better position to support the team financially right now, but I'm not.

Love to see the Bears and Packer fans giving Viking fans crap about not selling out the playoff game. (Have you guys sold out your playoff games? Oh yeah that's right you're sitting this year out.) I guess you're only a true fan of your team if you choose to spend $500+ to go to a football game instead of pay your bills, feed you family, pay your mortgage?

I have been die hard Viking fan since I can remember, have seen them lose 4 Superbowls, 5 NFC Champ games, numerous other crushing losses, yet year after year I cheer for the Vikings. I have even raised my 4 year old to be a Viking fan (how cruel is that?)

Lambeau and Soldier Field are AWESOME places to watch a game, the Dome sucks yet we still sel it out year after year even though we have had a medicore product for years.

Are Vikings fans fairweather? Some are but every team has them. It is easy to be a fan when you have Superbowl wins to always look back on. I know lot's of bandwagon Packer and Bear fans... Viking fans don't have the corner on that market.

Bottom line is this, football is a game, not my life. If choosing to spend my $ on essentials versus a playoff game makes me a bad fan then so be it. I am sure I am not alone.

Love to see the Bears and Packer fans giving Viking fans crap about not selling out the playoff game. (Have you guys sold out your playoff games? Oh yeah that's right you're sitting this year out.) I guess you're only a true fan of your team if you choose to spend $500+ to go to a football game instead of pay your bills, feed you family, pay your mortgage?