[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Circuit City shutting its doors

peepinmofo

actually, the warranties are handled by a 3rd party company because of just such an event. When you get the extended warranty you are actually using some other company. You should be fine. Think of it as more insurance than warranty. They just pick up the cost.

I called them on this today and you are 100% right. I was told the service contract is provided by a company called Assurant and that the original terms and contact number will be valid.

:wacko:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought the Guitar Hero 3 Package for XBOX (game plus geetar) for $40; I think that is usually $100. The sales weren't all that great as of yet, most stuff just 10% off.

ETA - Amazon has the exact same thing for $70, I bought it for $36 after the discount.

Edited by bushwacked

Was on the road and happened to be by one. Thought I'd take a look and see if a PS# could be had for cheap. They had what looked like a controlled line of about 30 at the door - meaning it appeared they had capped the bodies inside and were doing the 'group' thing.

Decided it probably wouldn't have been worth my time, especially with a 50 gift card to best buy.

stopped by one today and basically everything was just 10% off...some furniture type stuff was 30% off but 99.9% of the store was just 10% off and people were acting like it was a big deal...there were better deals on BluRays at BB, Target etc...everyone should have stayed away for 3-4 weeks and watch them have to slice the prices to get people to buy things

I work in the real estate sector of retail finding sites, negotiating leases and the like.

From what we're hearing in the industry, there will be several more chains of various types and sizes going down this year. Apparel in particular is going to have a tough go in '09. Look for quite a bit more vacancy at your local shoping centers. It ain't pretty out there.

stopped by one today and basically everything was just 10% off...some furniture type stuff was 30% off but 99.9% of the store was just 10% off and people were acting like it was a big deal...there were better deals on BluRays at BB, Target etc...everyone should have stayed away for 3-4 weeks and watch them have to slice the prices to get people to buy things

where did you find one?

I work in the real estate sector of retail finding sites, negotiating leases and the like.

From what we're hearing in the industry, there will be several more chains of various types and sizes going down this year. Apparel in particular is going to have a tough go in '09. Look for quite a bit more vacancy at your local shoping centers. It ain't pretty out there.

Lowe's and Home Depot are doing this as well...

Lowe's and Home Depot are doing this as well...

I'm quite certain I'm an idiot, but what are you referencing Lowe's and Home Depot doing? I know they've put off some planned '09 new stores until 2010 or beyond, if at all. Almost every retailer is scaling back their growth plans. Fortunately my sector is killing it right now and growth is still strong, which from a personal standpoint, is a very good thing. Lots of my counterparts at other companies are now unemployed and no one is really hiring.

Edited by Cunning Runt

I'm quite certain I'm an idiot, but what are you referencing Lowe's and Home Depot doing? I know they've put off some planned '09 new stores until 2010 or beyond, if at all. Almost every retailer is scaling back their growth plans. Fortunately my sector is killing it right now and growth is still strong, which from a personal standpoint, is a very good thing. Lots of my counterparts at other companies are now unemployed and no one is really hiring.

I heard a few weeks back about both of them closing some locations down....no number was confirmed at the time...

I heard a few weeks back about both of them closing some locations down....no number was confirmed at the time...

Ahh... ya, they are. World Market, Linens n' Things, Office Depot, Rite Aid, Pep Boys, and many others....

Like I said, the retail landscape will be changing forever after this year. Not quite sure how it's all gonna play out.

We generally get a list of retailer's excess space before it becomes public knowledge and we're getting a lot of those lists these days.

Ahh... ya, they are. World Market, Linens n' Things, Office Depot, Rite Aid, Pep Boys, and many others....

Like I said, the retail landscape will be changing forever after this year. Not quite sure how it's all gonna play out.

We generally get a list of retailer's excess space before it becomes public knowledge and we're getting a lot of those lists these days.

This is the most over-retailed country in the world - this reduction in retail space isn't all bad. The loss of competition is though.

I got a call today from a recruiter for Sears that said they pulled my resume off of Monster and wanted to know if I was still looking for a job...I told them no and we talked for a few and I ended it with a thank you...but truth be told I am not even slightly interested in getting on any retailers ship at this point in time and the gig with Sears would have payed almost 4 times what I am making now...you can't put a price on peace of mind

I made the mistake of going into our CC on Saturday and noticed the same lame deals and the store was absolutely packed to the gills. I went by the BB my son works at and got what I needed cheaper without using his discount.

This is the most over-retailed country in the world - this reduction in retail space isn't all bad. The loss of competition is though.

The black holes that were once vibrant shopping centers isn't good for anyone. You will be seeing alot of unmaintained shopping centers, neighborhood decay, signs of recession and personal depression.

The retail, corporate and industria/warehousingl spaces are going to take a beating.

It is going to be ugly these next 6-18 months.

I made the mistake of going into our CC on Saturday and noticed the same lame deals and the store was absolutely packed to the gills. I went by the BB my son works at and got what I needed cheaper without using his discount.

if i had to guess, i'd say CC was expecting a lot of traffic due to the news and felt they wouldn't have to cut their prices that much initially. i would think the deal would get better after a few weeks and closer to d day