[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Music you chill to

Atlanta Cracker

Paul Simon. His poetry

Saw him in a concert before his Africa album. He showed up w/ a boombox, a couple of guitars, a stool and himself. It was like he was playing in your living room. It was scantly attended, started to rain, he invited the "lawn people" to sit in the covered area, and the covered area still wasn't full. A great concert none the less!

Ok I like classical for really relaxing but I'm talking about having a drink and a cigar here so not quite that mellow. Paul Simon and The Album Leaf are working ok so far. Looking for more in that vein.

some Dire Straights :wacko: my FIL liked one that wasn't real popular but the lyrics ment alot to him...of sourse i can't remember which one :D

Miles always mellows me out. In A Silent Way is an excellent relaxing album as is, of course, Kind Of Blue.

Or you could go with Mose Allison or Michael Franks. Maybe even some Michael Hedges.

If you are looking for something not jazz your best shot would be Neil Young IMHO.

Ok sounds pretty good. Which album if you had to pick one?

"In a Safe Place"

John Scofield: a Go Go

Dude. One of my favorite albums ever. Medeski, Martin and Wood play the backing for him. "Deadzy" is a classic weirdo track. I've used it as the soundtrack for a video I put together once.

Nick Drake

Dude.

Ok I like classical for really relaxing but I'm talking about having a drink and a cigar here so not quite that mellow. Paul Simon and The Album Leaf are working ok so far. Looking for more in that vein.

If you got a drink and a cigar going, try some good Jazz. Michael Wolff is one of my favorites.

seriously, just about any good instrumental music relaxes me. right now I'm listening to kraftwerk and it feels very relaxing to me. but if I REALLY need to unwind...

bach cello suites

steve reich - music for 18 musicians

rachmaninov vespers

arvo part, just about anything but especialy the CD 'alina'

bill evans trio

mbira music from zimbabwe

some mozart string quartets or quintets

Nick Drake

Miles always mellows me out. In A Silent Way is an excellent relaxing album as is, of course, Kind Of Blue.

Or you could go with Mose Allison or Michael Franks. Maybe even some Michael Hedges.

If you are looking for something not jazz your best shot would be Neil Young IMHO.

If you got a drink and a cigar going, try some good Jazz. Michael Wolff is one of my favorites.

all good stuff! THANKS!