[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need your help, Hankk

wiegie

I think I heard this on tv the other day:

"3 buttons is SO 90s." Just sayin'.

If you don't wear suits a ton, then go with a classic style, rather than something trendy.

Oh screw it, I think you should get a tux.:wacko:

That line was from the new Batman.

Batman tells the dude Freeman plays that he needs a new suit (as in bat-suit) and Freeman makes that crack (in so many words) in reference to the three button suit he was wearing at the time.

None the less, another vote for the 2 button. First off, like others said, it is a classic. Secondly, in general, shorter types do want to wear 2 buttons as opposed to 3.

I have both 2 and 3 button blazers and always find myself choosing the 2 button ones.

While you're at it, no cuff, 1 inch break in the front at your shoe and the coat, when buttoned, should be snug enough that you can't fit your fist in at your breast, just your open hand.

Edited by detlef

That line was from the new Batman.

Batman tells the dude Freeman plays that he needs a new suit (as in bat-suit) and Freeman makes that crack (in so many words) in reference to the three button suit he was wearing at the time.

None the less, another vote for the 2 button. First off, like others said, it is a classic. Secondly, in general, shorter types do want to wear 2 buttons as opposed to 3.

I have both 2 and 3 button blazers and always find myself choosing the 2 button ones.

While you're at it, no cuff, 1 inch break in the front at your shoe and the coat, when buttoned, should be snug enough that you can't fit your fist in at your breast, just your open hand.

+1 on all except the cuff. Isn't the cuff supposed to make shorter people look taller?

+1 on all except the cuff. Isn't the cuff supposed to make shorter people look taller?

Actually, one of the raps on cuffs is that they actually make short people look shorter. This is disputed, but not to the extent that it is ever implied that they make you look taller. What they do is weight pleated slacks to make them drape better. Of course, pleats are rather unfashionable as well and may want to be something to avoid anyway.

Although a two button suit is perhaps rightly considered to be more classic, the three button has never been "trendy" - it is also a classic. The comparison is more like conservative vs. not so conservative.

It is pretty much a matter of preference. However the general rule is that a two button lengthens the torso, so that it is more flattering on mens with a short torso. Those with a longer torso may find a three button jacket more flattering. Try them both on, remembering the proper tailoring is probably a little bit more important with the three button.

The two button jacket reveals more shirt, so the three button places more emphasis on the tie.

I think that a three button suit, on the right person, is more elegant.

I probably have a 60/40 mix in favor of 2 button.

Edited by Hankk