[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Today's pet peeve

AtomicCEO

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today:

Customer: I'm going to need some assistance tomorrow about an issue, who should I contact?

Me: I can help you out. You can either reply to this email, or call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Customer: Great. Can you send me your phone number?

sigh.

Today:

Customer: I'm going to need some assistance tomorrow about an issue, who should I contact?

Me: I can help you out. You can either reply to this email, or call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

sigh.

:wacko: Man, no wonder you're so high strung and take your frustrations out on me. You deal with a lot of aggravating situations. Glad that I can serve as your therapy. :D

Edited by irish

Today:

sigh.

Same fricking guy...

Me:

I’m going to configure the <customer> domain in our application so we can make the systems visible to you and anyone who needs access.

How should the two systems be named?

Also, can you give us the full addresses and phone numbers of these locations in case we ever have to service one of the systems or return a support call?

Do you know of anyone else at <your company> or <customer> who will want to have an account set up from the start that I can configure?

After setting this up, I’ll send the login information over to you.

Thanks,

Atomic

Him:

Thank you.

:wacko:

You know whart drives me nuts. When a customer is past due and you have to call them to remind them and they ask you to send an invoice. It is as if you are in their accts payable dept and they rely on you to alert them when an invoice is due and to provide the invoice. Bastards :wacko:

This happens to my wife weekly. She has a regular group of customers who are over 30 days behind. As such, their product gets held until they cut a check for product they received 4 weeks ago. Mind you, they still haven't paid for the product they received the previous 3 weeks. They get annoyed, she calls the delivery guy to pick up a check, then she calls her AR dept so they can confirm this with the driver.

Client usually doesn't receive their product until the next day. They get annoyed again. They do this weekly and don't understand why their product is held. How are you able to run a business like this?

My company has been slow-paying the people who get me parts and do our service and it's causing problems for me, but the AP department gets kudos for keeping monthly costs down. It seems counter-productive to me... but I'm not the board of directors, and they seem to like it.

You said this...

Me:

I’m going to configure the <customer> domain in our application so we can make the systems visible to you and anyone who needs access.

Also, can you give us the full addresses and phone numbers of these locations in case we ever have to service one of the systems or return a support call?

Do you know of anyone else at <your company> or <customer> who will want to have an account set up from the start that I can configure?

Thanks,

Atomic

He read and answered to this...

Me:

Seriously, this situation reminds me of when I'm working with my SE kids. If I give them too many directions at once all they hear is the first one. The sad part is that's spoken directions and kids with disabilities versus this being a grown man who can't read and follow written directions. :D

Same fricking guy...

Me:

Thanks,

Atomic

Him:

Thank you.

Maybe instead of starting out with:

I'm going to configure.... Some people are trained to tune out computer jargon that they don't understand. So that would be a great place to stop reading right there. :D

Alternate message:

I need information from you before I can help you out. The first line should indicate that you need them to act and not tell them that you are on the case.

Alternate message:

I need information from you before I can help you out. The first line should indicate that you need them to act and not tell them that you are on the case.

This is a viable strategy. Apparently, this "reading only the first sentence" thing is a blackberry deficiency. People either don't scroll down or don't know that they should when reading the email on their phone.

This is a viable strategy. Apparently, this "reading only the first sentence" thing is a blackberry deficiency. People either don't scroll down or don't know that they should when reading the email on their phone.

You know what, maybe people are reading these emails on their Blackberry phones and aren't scrolling down to see the rest of your message. :wacko: