[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OMG, THEY'RE OUT OF MCNUGGETS!

Bronco Billy

Seriously

FORT PIERCE, Fla. - Authorities say a Florida woman called 911 three times after McDonald's employees told her they were out of Chicken McNuggets.

A police report says 27-year-old Fort Pierce resident Latreasa L. Goodman told authorities she paid for a 10-piece last week but was later informed the restaurant had run out.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I would not have called 911, but seriously, what the f'ck is McDonald's trying to do here: the woman paid for her McNuggets, they then told her that they didn't have any more, she asked for a refund, and they told her "no, all sales are final". I would have been pissed too.

I would not have called 911, but seriously, what the f'ck is McDonald's trying to do here: the woman paid for her McNuggets, they then told her that they didn't have any more, she asked for a refund, and they told her "no, all sales are final". I would have been pissed too.

Enough to call 911 not once but three times?

Enough to call 911 not once but three times?

Sure:

I might have called them once to say I had been robbed.

A second time to tell them to send the police because I was about to beat someone.

And a third time to tell them to send an ambulance.

:wacko:

I think she just wanted her money back, and had no idea how to get the police to come, other than dialling 911. Unfortunately for her, her ignorance may cost her more than the cost of those McNuggets.

I hope there is some sort of blowback to the McDonalds. That is BS.

I would've bought some of their hot coffee and spilled it all over myself. I'd be seriously burned but I would see them holes in court for serving me hot coffee.

I'll bet there is a lawyer already trying to contact the woman, in order to sue McDonald's for not refunding her money in the first place, and causing her public embarassment, or some such nonsense. :wacko:

I'll bet there is a lawyer already trying to contact the woman, in order to sue McDonald's for not refunding her money in the first place, and causing her public embarassment, or some such nonsense. :wacko:

contact her? she is using her mortgage lawyer.

"This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn’t have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don’t want one," Goodman told police, according to The Stuart News. "This is an emergency."

A McDonald's spokesman says Goodman should have been given a refund, and she's being sent a gift card for a free meal.

"This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn’t have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don’t want one," Goodman told police, according to The Stuart News. "This is an emergency."

A McDonald's spokesman says Goodman should have been given a refund, and she's being sent a gift card for a free meal.

:wacko: To a person of low intelligence and very little money, that may very well seem like an emergency. :D

And that confession by McDonald's that she should have been given a refund likely will cost them more than a free meal.

Edited by cre8tiff

:wacko: To a person of low intelligence and very little money, that may very well seem like an emergency. :D

And that confession by McDonald's that she should have been given a refund likely will cost them more than a free meal.

really? come on!!!

Seems to me the logical tng for the Police 911 operator would be to just transfer her call to a non emergency number. :wacko: Couldn't tha have been done.

Exactly. How many of us know the non-emergency police number? How many people in general even know such a phone number exists? From the time we're born, it's been drilled into us... 9-1-1.

I caught a shoplifter once who was being detained by several customers and I was nowhere near a phonebook. I couldn't remember the regular number so I dialed 911 and told them it wasn't an emergency but defeintely something that needed to be taken care of immedeiately. They refused to transfer me or give me the non-emergency number. They told me that I had to look it up if I didn't know it.

I caught a shoplifter once who was being detained by several customers and I was nowhere near a phonebook. I couldn't remember the regular number so I dialed 911 and told them it wasn't an emergency but defeintely something that needed to be taken care of immedeiately. They refused to transfer me or give me the non-emergency number. They told me that I had to look it up if I didn't know it.

That would be strange that they would not transfer you to non-emergency if that was warranted. :wacko:

And there is now 311 for non-emergency police calls, but many areas still don't use it.

how does one gather that she is unintelligent and poor simply from her picture? :wacko:

You won't hang the racist tag on me, friend. :D

Have you listened to the the tape? I'm not talking about her ebonics...

I suppose I shouldn't make an intelligence assessment based on those 911 calls.

She has since spoken more, and proves me wrong, she seems to be OK...

:D

"Inside Edition" was there when WPBF News 25 spoke to Goodman on Wednesday. She said all the media exposure has resulted in several profanity-laced, hateful messages on her personal cell phone.

"I think it's wrong, because like I said, it's not about no chicken nugget meal," Goodman said. "If everybody listen(s) to the news, they'll understand my statement that McDonald's took my money. They didn't have any chicken nuggets, and so I asked for my (money) back."

The 10-piece chicken McNuggets meal is valued at $3.49.

"When you feel that you've been mistreated or misused or robbed out of your money, you have the right to call 911," Goodman said. "That's the purpose of 911, so I thought."

Makes a weird kind of sense...

Edited by cre8tiff