[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Poker Protocol?

Scooby

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea...it is about me, not her bum husband. No matter what you think about me, nothing changes the fact this guy is a bum. Nothing.

Good grief… You have the tact and class of a pouty 10 year old girl, regardless of that fact that your judgment of her husband has no basis.

Grow up.

Good grief… You have the tact and class of a pouty 10 year old girl, regardless of that fact that your judgment of her husband has no basis.

Grow up.

Oh really? Have you read all of her posts? Obviously not. I was not trying to be tactful. This woman needs to wake up. She does not need tact. She needs the truth. Although I am sure she already knows the truth. Once again, check her posts about her own husband.

Yea...it is about me, not her bum husband. No matter what you think about me, nothing changes the fact this guy is a bum. Nothing.

No matter what she may have iterated in any other thread, the moral of the story is that you seem to be a bigger tool than anyone could have imagined. Anyone.

Big John could give a better history of caddyman...

:wacko: In a nutshell, this is an alias of zeke 1982, whosyourdaddy and Bocepus. All those has been banned for personal attacks and other crude actions. But with the Caddyman account, he has usually been more toned down in he posts.

:D In a nutshell, this is an alias of zeke 1982, whosyourdaddy and Bocepus. All those has been banned for personal attacks and other crude actions. But with the Caddyman account, he has usually been more toned down in he posts.

Until now. I can't wait for the next Alias. :wacko:

Well, in defense of caddyman, this isn't the first time scoob has posted something about her husband's hobbies v duties to the family.

If, in fact, he did waste a bunch of time haggling over the money before he bailed home, then he does seem a bit guilty as charged and, in light of other posts Scoob has made, he doesn't seem like he's exactly taking care of his end of things.

Mind you, none of us here know the whole deal and I certainly wouldn't go as far as caddy is here short the full story.

None the less...

Oh, and again, assuming that this guy doesn't get a suspicious amount of calls late in games about "emergencies", I'm really amazed that the other guys didn't sack up and let him walk with at least most of his winnings. Seemed like everyone was down to their last few bucks anyway. This is a situation where anyone of any character at all shouldn't have to be asked to do the right thing.

This is how it goes.

"Guys, my wife called and has to run one of my kids to the ER. Gotta go."

"Wow, that sucks. Hope he's well. We can either cash you out or if you're in a huge hurry, I'll get you your money tomorrow."

End of story.

Edited by detlef

wow!! didn't realize this post would evolve this way--just wanted opinions on poker etiqutte...yall are sweet to stick up for my rights....no hard feelings I have w/ anyone...guess yall might be referring to my past post--I'm a damned good wife, maybe?? Yes, my guy is not perfect in any way, I find fault with some things and embrace other traits in him...it's all good, though. we've been together almost 10 yrs now, have 2 beautiful, sweet children...he knows which side his bread is buttered on

Well, in defense of caddyman, this isn't the first time scoob has posted something about her husband's hobbies v duties to the family.

If, in fact, he did waste a bunch of time haggling over the money before he bailed home, then he does seem a bit guilty as charged and, in light of other posts Scoob has made, he doesn't seem like he's exactly taking care of his end of things.

Mind you, none of us here know the whole deal and I certainly wouldn't go as far as caddy is here short the full story.

None the less...

Oh, and again, assuming that this guy doesn't get a suspicious amount of calls late in games about "emergencies", I'm really amazed that the other guys didn't sack up and let him walk with at least most of his winnings. Seemed like everyone was down to their last few bucks anyway. This is a situation where anyone of any character at all shouldn't have to be asked to do the right thing.

This is how it goes.

"Guys, my wife called and has to run one of my kids to the ER. Gotta go."

"Wow, that sucks. Hope he's well. We can either cash you out or if you're in a huge hurry, I'll get you your money tomorrow."

End of story.

I really don’t know anything about the history you guys are referring to, and I guess that’s the point - I don’t need to. This is, for the most part, an anonymous forum. Passing judgment like that here, especially about one’s spouse, seems pointless without having intimate knowledge of the situation. And to top it all off, that’s not why Scooby started the thread. It was a question regarding a poker tournament. Why turn it in to something else?

If you guys feel that strongly about the situation, wouldn’t it be better to have that kind of conversation over PM or email? (That’s assuming Scooby even wants that kind of advice to begin with.)

I really don’t know anything about the history you guys are referring to, and I guess that’s the point - I don’t need to. This is, for the most part, an anonymous forum. Passing judgment like that here, especially about one’s spouse, seems pointless without having intimate knowledge of the situation. And to top it all off, that’s not why Scooby started the thread. It was a question regarding a poker tournament. Why turn it in to something else?

If you guys feel that strongly about the situation, wouldn’t it be better to have that kind of conversation over PM or email? (That’s assuming Scooby even wants that kind of advice to begin with.)

You must have failed to read the part where I said I wouldn't go as far as caddyman without knowing the whole deal or you wouldn't have quoted me...

You must have failed to read the part where I said I wouldn't go as far as caddyman without knowing the whole deal or you wouldn't have quoted me...

I thought you were defending caddyman’s sentiment that this should really be about “what a bum” Scooby’s husband is or isn’t. I apologize for quoting you if that wasn’t the case.

:wacko: In a nutshell, this is an alias of zeke 1982, whosyourdaddy and Bocepus. All those has been banned for personal attacks and other crude actions. But with the Caddyman account, he has usually been more toned down in he posts.

So this is the guy who made up a story about a fictitious relative serving in Iraq in order to sound 'more tough' than people who had actual relatives serving in Iraq? - ursa springing to mind.

Yep - grade A tool.

Passing judgment like that here, especially about one’s spouse, seems pointless without having intimate knowledge of the situation.

Dude, welcome to online forums. It's shoot first and ask questions later.

:wacko:

ETA: Actually, it's more like shoot first and why bother asking questions at all.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

So this is the guy who made up a story about a fictitious relative serving in Iraq in order to sound 'more tough' than people who had actual relatives serving in Iraq? - ursa springing to mind.

yep

Dude, welcome to online forums. It's shoot first and ask questions later.

:D

ETA: Actually, it's more like shoot first and why bother asking questions at all.

Oh, I know that. I just feel we should single out epic dooush-nozzles like caddyman. People like that bring the collective IQ of the forums way down.

...and with the rest of you guys it was already low enough. :D:wacko:

Quotes from Scooby....they show a pattern with this guy. You don't need much more knowledge to figure him out.

" My hubby goes where he wants to, when he wants to, while I'm stuck at home with the kids...golf, bars, poker, you name it. It's pulling teeth if I want to go to Target by myself on the weekend. Woe is me sad.gif"

"very, very true JN, yes a little resentment, but I hate having those feelings, even when they're seemingly warranted. I just bury and try to keep the peace"

"by the way, just took the kids to Target, got him some Bose earphones for his ipod for valentine's day....guess what he's doing today--tee time at noon doh.gif let's hope it rains, 30% chance this afternoon"

Secondly, as far as the poker tournament, that was a silly question. There is no such etiquette. The real question should have been what is the protocal for when you have a child heading to the emergency room? Stay and fight about 60 fraking bucks or deal with it later?

Also, Scooby seems to be handling this thread better than most of you whiny biatches. To those of you that don't seem to like me... :wacko: