[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jay Cutler Says....

Shorttynaz

Jay Cutler to the Jets

Brady Quinn and picks to the Donkies

Browns get a ton of picks and bodies.

Problem solved. Move on.

I can see the Jets sending their #1 pick for Quinn/Anderson

Then, Quinn/Anderson + Vernon Gholston for JayCutler

I would do that and hope it happens.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From PFW

Josh McDaniels finds himself in what could become a disastrous situation with Jay Cutler seemingly determined to force a trade out of Denver, but sources say McDaniels made a major misstep in dealing with his players well before the feud with Cutler even began. We hear McDaniels' decision to cut LS Mike Leach and replace him with former Patriots LS Lonie Paxton did not sit well within the locker room and should not be underestimated as a move that damaged McDaniels' credibility. Leach, who signed with the Cardinals, had done an outstanding job, by all accounts, over the past seven seasons for the Broncos and had been a good teammate. Word is players viewed the move as unfair and inappropriate, and it led to questions about McDaniels' leadership ability.

Although some have questioned why the Broncos wouldn't be determined to make a player with Tony Scheffler's ability fit into their system, we hear the team is entertaining offers for him. Word is head coach Josh McDaniels doesn't view Scheffler, a pass-catching tight end, as a good fit for his scheme on offense, which is supposed to feature bulkier, blocking-oriented tight ends. Sources say the team isn't set on trading Scheffler, but an offer to their liking could be enough to spark a deal.

Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease let the Falcons get Scheffler. How much better would Matt Ryan be with a good TE going over the middle to bail him out?

DENVER (CBS4) ―

Jay Cutler doesn't know if he'll be the Broncos quarterback in 2009, but as long as he is, he plans to show up at Dove Valley when it becomes mandatory.

I was able to communicate with Cutler Monday afternoon. He indicated to me that he still plans to be in Denver for the Broncos mini-camp in April. That's the earliest he's required to report without being in violation of his contract. So far, Cutler has skipped the Broncos voluntary workouts that began a week ago Monday.

Cutler also let me know that he saw parts of Josh McDaniels' interview with the NFL Network on Monday. In that interview, McDaniels stated several times that Cutler is his quarterback and he hopes to keep the lines of communication open to resolve their differences. When asked if he thought the situation was reparable, McDaniels said yes.

Cutler had no comment on McDaniels' interview.

Edited by Randall

... God, this new HC is a giant douché -and- a turd sandwich all in one.

This is convenient since turd sandwiches can be on the dry side and you need something to wash them down with. :wacko:

Is the idiot trying to drive up Cutler's trade value by making teams think they might keep him? I think it's a little late for that.

Man, this guy is making me thankful for Chilly. :wacko:

I was thinking about that last week on how he handled situations like this. He never let one word out to the media at all. The Winfield situation could have turned ugly quick..Whenever questions came up, he would always say thats between me and player XXX. Chili has the trust of the players and thats important for a new coach.

McDaniels may have lost some trust and will have to find a way to get it back.

Cutler said he will report for mandatory activities but can McDaniels gain the trust of the team? He seems way over his head.

If I were him I'd get Mike Nolan's help because he has been a head coach.

He's got to get his story straight though because he's looking like a caricature.

The Vikings had their chance...

Before Tampa was involved in a potential three-way trade for Cutler, Minnesota was actually the first team to become engaged in talks for the quarterback. McDaniels acknowledged Tuesday that another team had inquired about Cutler prior to Tampa Bay’s interest, but he declined to name that team. A personnel source confirmed it was the Vikings. According to two league sources, the Vikings would have shipped draft picks to Denver for Cutler, and Denver would have turned around and sent picks to New England for Cassel. However, the deal fell apart early on, after some elements in the Minnesota coaching staff weren’t entirely sold on Cutler.

Link

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiDc...o&type=lgns

• Before Tampa was involved in a potential three-way trade for Cutler, Minnesota was actually the first team to become engaged in talks for the quarterback. McDaniels acknowledged Tuesday that another team had inquired about Cutler prior to Tampa Bay’s interest, but he declined to name that team. A personnel source confirmed it was the Vikings. According to two league sources, the Vikings would have shipped draft picks to Denver for Cutler, and Denver would have turned around and sent picks to New England for Cassel. However, the deal fell apart early on, after some elements in the Minnesota coaching staff weren’t entirely sold on Cutler.

Gee...thanks Chilly! :wacko:

• Before Tampa was involved in a potential three-way trade for Cutler, Minnesota was actually the first team to become engaged in talks for the quarterback. McDaniels acknowledged Tuesday that another team had inquired about Cutler prior to Tampa Bay's interest, but he declined to name that team. A personnel source confirmed it was the Vikings. According to two league sources, the Vikings would have shipped draft picks to Denver for Cutler, and Denver would have turned around and sent picks to New England for Cassel. However, the deal fell apart early on, after some elements in the Minnesota coaching staff weren't entirely sold on Cutler.

I wonder what those draft picks consisted of?

A lot of people think the Vikes are only a decent/good QB away from the superbowl.

MN should've offered the entire 2009 draft with 4th-1st round 2010 performance based compensation.

If you're a Vikes fan, would you do this offer where 2010 1st round was tied to winning the SB? (considering that you get to keep Jay and your team together for 2010 and beyond)

heck, ask for Marshall to be included in that deal. Seems like a win-win for both sides. Now if it was done before Cassel went to KC, McDummy could've gotten cassel and a bunch of '09 picks.

HCs & GMs confuse me. I'm going to assume that I'm an idiot and don't understand something.

No - thats way too much.

• Before Tampa was involved in a potential three-way trade for Cutler, Minnesota was actually the first team to become engaged in talks for the quarterback. McDaniels acknowledged Tuesday that another team had inquired about Cutler prior to Tampa Bay’s interest, but he declined to name that team. A personnel source confirmed it was the Vikings. According to two league sources, the Vikings would have shipped draft picks to Denver for Cutler, and Denver would have turned around and sent picks to New England for Cassel. However, the deal fell apart early on, after some elements in the Minnesota coaching staff weren’t entirely sold on Cutler.

:D

Edited by tazinib1

Hey Jay. Notice the other prominent QB's working out with there WR's and are reporting to mini-camp? It's called dedication to the team. Regardless of how you seemed to be "dissed" and "lied too", you owe it to your team-ates to get your arse ready with your WR's and line. Just goes to show you what a pompous, spoiled brat Cutler is. I wouldn't want him on my team if I were the Vikings either....